• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9 Decade MLB Draft : CHAT

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with Montana and Brady just being perceived as better than Romo and Stafford. A couple seasons ago I did a statistical comparison of QBs with other QBs from their era. Montana came in #3 and Brady was #6 (P Manning was #7), while Romo as #17 and Stafford was #77. Now, this was a couple years ago, so things could've changed - but not that much.

Granted this was 2 years ago, and I am still trying to come up with a better system that also includes strength of opponents and weighted importances of stats, but it is at least a start (actually, it's my second attempt, attempt 1 Montana was #1 and Brady #4).

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ok man? The very first post where I mentioned this I mentioned his regular season accomplishments. Post #778 give it another look and read what I wrote not what you think I meant.
Ok, you did mention it in that post. I'm sorry. But my whole point wasn't so much defending Verlander as much as it was your trashing him then turning around and saying Pettite was very good for a 4th pitcher (which happens to be where i am using Verlander) while using post season stats as a basis for both claims. If you notice, I didn't say anything until you started talking about Pettite about 2 pages later.

And I wouldn't even mention it if it were not for the fact that some people could read all this and gather that you think Pettit is a better pitcher than Verlander. Now, fast forward to voting time and people are splitting hairs about this and that and Verlander vs Pettit comes up and I lose because people remember your comments.

I know it sounds stupid, but I think your word carries a lot if weight around here in these close arguments between players like this. So, when I see inconsistencies like this, I feel the need to point it out.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted this was 2 years ago, and I am still trying to come up with a better system that also includes strength of opponents and weighted importances of stats, but it is at least a start (actually, it's my second attempt, attempt 1 Montana was #1 and Brady #4).

Don't know why there is so much debate on who is best QB of all-time because our SportsHoopla Banner already has the 4 best players from each sport on it. :nod: Seriously when we voted on GOAT from the 4 sports only 3 were unanimous. MJ, Gretzky, and The Babe. When it came to voting on football we were all over the place from Montana, Rice, Brown, LT, and I think Nos probably voted for someone like Bronko Nagurski cuz he played with him in the 30's.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, you did mention it in that post. I'm sorry. But my whole point wasn't so much defending Verlander as much as it was your trashing him then turning around and saying Pettite was very good for a 4th pitcher (which happens to be where i am using Verlander) while using post season stats as a basis for both claims. If you notice, I didn't say anything until you started talking about Pettite about 2 pages later.

And I wouldn't even mention it if it were not for the fact that some people could read all this and gather that you think Pettit is a better pitcher than Verlander. Now, fast forward to voting time and people are splitting hairs about this and that and Verlander vs Pettit comes up and I lose because people remember your comments.

I know it sounds stupid, but I think your word carries a lot if weight around here in these close arguments between players like this. So, when I see inconsistencies like this, I feel the need to point it out.

I guess maybe I should just keep my opinions to myself about players especially if they have already been drafted by someone other than me. :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with Montana and Brady just being perceived as better than Romo and Stafford. A couple seasons ago I did a statistical comparison of QBs with other QBs from their era. Montana came in #3 and Brady was #6 (P Manning was #7), while Romo as #17 and Stafford was #77. Now, this was a couple years ago, so things could've changed - but not that much.
Your analysis must use different stats than QB Rating and QBR..

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess maybe I should just keep my opinions to myself about players especially if they have already been drafted by someone other than me. :suds:
No, not at all. Isn't that the point of these message boards? Arguing about sports and sharing cat videos?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not at all. Isn't that the point of these message boards? Arguing about sports and sharing cat videos?

My cat died... :pout:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet all my $10,000 on Game 7 tonight.

$6,000 on Indians
$4,000 under 7

So expect result to be
Cubs 5 - Indians 3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your analysis must use different stats than QB Rating and QBR..

Of course it does. Not only is QBR one of the most overrated of sport metrics, but since they didn't calculate it before 2006, there really isn't any way that I can use it to judge Montana, or anyone else for nearly 90% of NFL's history.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fowler sucks dick for money.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1