• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 9/4 - The MLB Played Football Yesterday

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The average runs per MLB game yesterday was 14.5. That's pretty remarkable.

PIT @ MIL was the only game with fewer than ten runs

DET @ KC had twenty-two runs.

The Mets just finished up a riveting series against the worst team in baseball and are gearing up for this weekend's series against the 3rd worst team in baseball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THat Bryce Harper stat was amazing.

20 pitches and did not swing at one pitch.

Walked 4 times and scored 4 runs.

Talk about patience.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you get an rbi with no official at bats?

Walk in a run or HBP with the bases loaded are the only ways I can think of without swinging the bat.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THat Bryce Harper stat was amazing.

20 pitches and did not swing at one pitch.

Walked 4 times and scored 4 runs.

Talk about patience.

That is amazing.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ween is the best.

They're cool. I went on a nostalgic trip last Saturday night. Busted out The Mollusk, Pure Guava and Chocolate & Cheese. Some great stuff.

Last edited:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big series for TX at LAA this weekend. C'mon Perez, Dutchy, and Cobra! Little help from the Twinks at 'Stros is also most welcome!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper wasn't trying to get on base. He was pissed at Matt Williams and was taking pitches to show his manager who's boss.

Williams yanked Harper from a game the other night because he didn't hustle on a groundout.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper wasn't trying to get on base. He was pissed at Matt Williams and was taking pitches to show his manager who's boss.

Williams yanked Harper from a game the other night because he didn't hustle on a groundout.

Along those lines: when the hell is Matt Williams going to get yanked for shepherding a team with that much talent to a 2nd place in a historically shitty division?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along those lines: when the hell is Matt Williams going to get yanked for shepherding a team with that much talent to a 2nd place in a historically shitty division?

He'll finish the season, I believe. They still have a run in them. They have been a really good in August/September the past couple of seasons and the Mets've had trouble beating them. Plus, they also have a lot of games left against the aforementioned shit-teams, including the Mets six more times. Those six alone could make up the difference in the standings.

It could, and probably will, come down to that last series in NY. They're not done by a long shot.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll finish the season, I believe. They still have a run in them. They have been a really good in August/September the past couple of seasons and the Mets've had trouble beating them. Plus, they also have a lot of games left against the aforementioned shit-teams, including the Mets six more times. Those six alone could make up the difference in the standings.

It could, and probably will, come down to that last series in NY. They're not done by a long shot.

I like that you're staying humble, Hu.

Obviously, it's not mathematically over, but the Mets have a six game lead with only 29 games to play. Anything can happen, but losing the division at this point would put them into the conversation of the worst collapses in MLB history. Then again, they're the Mets, so maybe it's not humility you're displaying.

Regardless, if I ran the Nats, Williams would be fucked. That team has WAY to much talent to not be running away with that bag-o-shit division.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think 6 games is make-uppable. Only bright spot is that the Mets may have to shut down Harvey and the Nats might get some gimme make-up games at that point.

Having said that, I think the Mets have the division locked up long before that series. Both teams have such favorable schedules I can't see either losing many games this month, which means if the Mets can take 2 of 3 from them next week that should wrap it up.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, they're the Mets, so maybe it's not humility you're displaying.

Regardless, if I ran the Nats, Williams would be fucked. That team has WAY to much talent to not be running away with that bag-o-shit division.

LOL...it's a combo of humility and history. There aren't a lot of guys around the Mets clubhouse who remember that 2007 collapse, which is good news.

You have a good point: Washington should be close to clinching the division themselves by now. They have hugely under-achieved, especially within division. They're only 30-21 against the NL East. The only team they've really handled well is Atlanta.