• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/25 GDT Pads @ Wild Card Clinchers

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if pit has to play a 163 and loses, than the Giants would have a better regular season record (again, assuming StL, Pit and SF all have the same record after 162).

Lets assume that all 3 teams finish with a 92-70 record. Pit and StL play a 163 to decide the central division. The winner ends the reg season at 93-70 and the loser finishes at 92-71. 92-70 is a better record than 92-71, so the Giants host.

They mentioned it during the broadcast about ties in the wild card. Head to head determines home game. we won the head to head with St Louis but not Pittsburgh.

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-If two Clubs are tied for both Wild Card berths, home-field advantage will be determined by the head-to-head record between the tied Clubs. If the head-to-head record is tied, then division record will be the next tiebreaker.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if a 163 is played between Pit and StL, it would not be possible for the Giants to have the same record as the loser.

It would not be a tie.

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the wild card the regular season stops at 162. All games after that are play ins.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if a 163 is played between Pit and StL, it would not be possible for the Giants to have the same record as the loser.

It would not be a tie.

This is all speculating on a really unlikely event, that they all finish with the same record. With 3 to play the Giants are 1 behind the Pirates and 2 behind the Cards. Maybe a 5% chance at best that we sweep the Pads, Pirates win exactly 2, and the Cards win exactly 1? Or 2, 1 and 0?

That said I think cal is right, game 163 is a 'regular season' game, but I'm not sure.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GIANTS BIG WIN IN THE CITY 9-8 vs. SD...POP CHAMPAGNE

Hey there is nothing like a party in the City by the Bay. Last night the whole city came together and partied as the boys put on a show on the field. It really got live when Hunter Pence let loose with one of his inspiring speeches as a few F-Bombs got thrown around but hey it's an emotional game and that moment is for the team after a grueling year where ballplayers should let loose and enjoy the journey as they clinched a Wild Card spot on the playoffs.

Last night I had a bit of a heat on and took the late night train home from the game and I just fell into my bed and had sweet Champagne dreams. This morning I can concentrate a little better so here is the recap of the party in the City.

This game was a look into the 2014 Giants season where the Giants rolled out to a 5-0 lead in the first 5 innings as Belt homered and Crawford homered . Panda had two key hits and a Sac fly for 3 RBI's early. Posey smacked a double for a RBI. Then the wheels fell off like the middle of the season and everybody was a little stunned . The Padres put up 8 straight runs but the Giants put on a late run and pulled it together in the late innings as their lucky #7 inning proved to be real good to them.

Sandoval and Belt singled in runs and then the kid Duffy came through once again sacrificing a ball to the pitcher for a fielders choice scoring the F-Bomb preacher Pence putting the Giants on top for good 9-8. The Giants used 8 pitchers and left it all on the field and finished the game and that is what this TEAM is all about ...finishing. Lincecum who got his 100th win lifetime, Romo, and Casilla held tough for the last 2 1/3 innings and as Casilla got the last out for the save the Giants players poured out onto the field to celebrate this grind of a season and shake hands together.

The party in the clubhouse was loud and proud as Bochy told his players how proud he was of them and their fight all year. You can never give up on these Giants because they have the heart of Champions and a will to win that is as strong as ever. The vibes were smooth and happy last night as the whole City had a big party that was thrown by the boys that rock the SF with pride.

Time for me to go as I need a few aspirin and a couple of glasses of water but last night was well worth it. There is nothing like a party in the City and we all partied hard last night.As for Pence and the F-Bombs ...I know Will Clark was smiling somewhere and so was I. Fuck yeah !

Still work to do so it's back to the grind for the Giants until the next party rolls around. Can't wait !

Go Giants !!:party:

:suds::clap::rockon::grouphug::drum::thrasher:

on youtube...

Richie Cunning - The City

posted by nohintoman

Last edited by a moderator:

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bleacher Report;

You remember the drill: St. Louis and Pittsburgh would play a one-game tiebreaker on Sept. 29 in St. Louis to determine the division winner. The loser would then play the Giants in the wild-card playoff.

Pittsburgh would host that game, since it won the season series against San Francisco. The Cardinals, on the other hand, lost the season series to the Giants, 4-3, and would thus head to AT&T Park.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bleacher Report;

You remember the drill: St. Louis and Pittsburgh would play a one-game tiebreaker on Sept. 29 in St. Louis to determine the division winner. The loser would then play the Giants in the wild-card playoff.

Pittsburgh would host that game, since it won the season series against San Francisco. The Cardinals, on the other hand, lost the season series to the Giants, 4-3, and would thus head to AT&T Park.

This assumes that 163 does not count towards regular season records, which it does.

Where is Marco? He would be able to clear this up for us. We need one of his thesis papers...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This assumes that 163 does not count towards regular season records, which it does.

Where is Marco? He would be able to clear this up for us. We need one of his thesis papers...

We don't really, because the 3 way tie after 162 ain't happening.

The reason I think you're right about game 163 counting as a regular season game is because the stats count to your regular season totals, but in the WC game and beyond they don't

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are we trying to determine who plays who in the playoffs or if the St Louis/Pittsburgh game counts for the regular season?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we trying to determine who plays who in the playoffs or if the St Louis/Pittsburgh game counts for the regular season?

We're trying to figure out if game 163 (possibly St Louis vs Pitt) is considered a regular season game

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're trying to figure out if game 163 (possibly St Louis vs Pitt) is considered a regular season game

For stats purposes I believe it does. As far as the playoffs go it only determines who wins the division and who is the wild card. Home field in the wild card is then determined by head to head as I pointed out above.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For stats purposes I believe it does. As far as the playoffs go it only determines who wins the division and who is the wild card. Home field in the wild card is then determined by head to head as I pointed out above.

This actually sounds correct...the stats count, but the outcome is solely to determine that. It doesn't 'count' in determining which WC team has a better record, so then it goes to head to head. cal, I bet this is correct.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may very well be the case. It doesn't sound right to me, but I am not sure.

Again, Marco would have a post with 3 pages of citing explaining exactly what the rules actually say.

Hey, Hank! Get on it and tweet the answer!!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they are tied. But if there is a game 163, there is no way the Giants could be tied with either the Cards or Pirates. The game 163 counts as a regular season game and counts in the standings and stats. Therefore, I think cal is right.

We clearly need to tap into the Marco rulebook here. I'll try to do some research.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are right drinkmorebeer. If Pit wins the playoff though, SF would host STL.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may very well be the case. It doesn't sound right to me, but I am not sure.

Again, Marco would have a post with 3 pages of citing explaining exactly what the rules actually say.

Hey, Hank! Get on it and tweet the answer!!

So you are right drinkmorebeer. If Pit wins the playoff though, SF would host STL.

Hi Hank

:wave:

Seriously, Thanks Hank. Drop in and say hey. We would enjoy chatting with you...

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Well, what took you so long? You starting GDT's might be THE key to the post-season!
Ah, better late than never. The usual gdt starters were getting unreliable as the Gs kept giving away games toward the end.

Anyway, 2-0. :yahoo: