• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9-0

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every team has close games. since book has been the starter, nd has covered the spread nearly every game.

nw was 5-3, before yesterday. what matters is how a team is playing at a given time. a team can even have a losing record yet be a tough team. nw had won four straight, beaten wisconsin, and nearly beat michigan. in nd's account they led the game from start to finish, controlled the game, and covered the spread. they'll be moving up in the rankings.

what were your expectations before the season started? :scratch:
1) Northwestern isn't bad

2) Most of those game you're talking about came with Wimbush as starter.

waste of discussion. you both think they're fine and i think they are not.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if you thought they played anywhere near their potential yesterday then i don't think you know a damn thing about college football.

Far be it for me to say much because I was pretty critical of their performance yesterday, but you keep telling us they’re not that good.

But then you say well they’re not playing to their potential. Well, which is it. If they’re not that good then maybe they are playing to their potential. If they’re not, then we need to ask why not. Coaching, lack of leadership?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waste of discussion. you both think they're fine and i think they are not.

Oh I think they will be fine until they play Clemson or Alabama then they will lose. Most likely by a couple TD's.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far be it for me to say much because I was pretty critical of their performance yesterday, but you keep telling us they’re not that good.

But then you say well they’re not playing to their potential. Well, which is it. If they’re not that good then maybe they are playing to their potential. If they’re not, then we need to ask why not. Coaching, lack of leadership?
there is no which is it. it's obvious. they've got the horses. they don't have the leadership. potentially they are a very good team. kelly puts them in a position to lose way too much.
you know this and i'm surprised you even pose the question.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no which is it. it's obvious. they've got the horses. they don't have the leadership. potentially they are a very good team. kelly puts them in a position to lose way too much.

Oh come on. You constantly say they’re not very good. Then in the next breath you say well they’re not living up to their potential. Which is it? It can’t be both.

There are a lot of bad teams that are playing to their potential because they are, in fact, not good. But

But I agree. Kelly rarely puts them in a position to win and the fact he completely ignores a third of the game is hamstringing the team.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on. You constantly say they’re not very good. Then in the next breath you say well they’re not living up to their potential. Which is it? It can’t be both.

There are a lot of bad teams that are playing to their potential because they are, in fact, not good. But

But I agree. Kelly rarely puts them in a position to win and the fact he completely ignores a third of the game is hamstringing the team.

oh come on yourself. either you agree or disagree. you chose both!
when i said they weren't very good it was with wimbush at the helm and no one else really COULD shine. i don't believe i've said it since the q-back change. and even if i had, the comment was aimed at kelly.
fact is i'm right in my assessment of the team. put any number of good coaches at the head of this team and they're right there with bama and clemson with these players. as it is (with the undefeated record) even bksballer89 admits they don't stand a chance against either of those two. in short, this team is not living up to their potential.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fingers crossed for a playoff rematch. :hope:

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for all this supposed talent that notre dame has, not a single first team all american on the team. alex bars was second team, but he's gone for the year.

Meet the college football preseason All-America team

and clemson running the score up against nobodies doesn't make them great.

played one ranked team? syracuse 23- clemson 27

clemson football - Google Search
Tillery and Love might be on it by season’s end.

Julian Okwara should get recognition as well. He’s been virtually unstoppable

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tillery and Love might be on it by season’s end.

Julian Okwara should get recognition as well. He’s been virtually unstoppable

could be the team's success will bring recognition.

not saying notre dame doesn't have good talent, but so do all the other top 20 teams. the idea that nd is loaded in comparison to other top ten teams is a stretch.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will say I hated the play calling on the drive that Northwestern blocked the punt. I believe it was three running plays when they had 8 guys at the line of scrimmage.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the play calling wasn't flawless, but then again the play calling at the start of the second half was actually very good. they went to the short passing game in lieu of the run, putting them back in front comfortably by 3 scores. and the book td run call sealing the game was excellent.

gotta look at the whole picture.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the play calling wasn't flawless, but then again the play calling at the start of the second half was actually very good. they went to the short passing game in lieu of the run, putting them back in front comfortably by 3 scores. and the book td run call sealing the game was excellent.

gotta look at the whole picture.

gotta wonder why they changed up after that apparent winning formula and went back to trying to jam it thru the middle which they didn't do all night.
just another example of a joke of a coach screwing around and not knowing when he hits a good combination.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta wonder why they changed up after that apparent winning formula and went back to trying to jam it thru the middle which they didn't do all night.
just another example of a joke of a coach screwing around and not knowing when he hits a good combination.

its easy to criticize from a thousand miles away, but we're not seeing what the coaches are seeing or privy to their gameplan. if you don't change up, the defense catches on.

had it not been for the blocked punt nd wins the game easily. the coaches can't block and tackle for the players.

funny thing is, for all the shit kelly gets on this board, he's probably the front runner for coach of the year right now.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its easy to criticize from a thousand miles away, but we're not seeing what the coaches are seeing or privy to their gameplan. if you don't change up, the defense catches on.

had it not been for the blocked punt nd wins the game easily. the coaches can't block and tackle for the players.

funny thing is, for all the shit kelly gets on this board, he's probably the front runner for coach of the year right now.

that would be the joke of the century.

according to you you can NEVER critique a coach cause you're "not seeing what the coaches are seeing or privy to their game plan". that is a cop-out. it's not hard to criticize from 10,000 miles or 10 feet. most of us know stupid moves when we see them and in the past 9 years kelly has made a TON of them.

and btw it's easy for you to suggest no blocked punt and nd wins easily but you have no clue about that. they may have also lost.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be the joke of the century.

according to you you can NEVER critique a coach cause you're "not seeing what the coaches are seeing or privy to their game plan". that is a cop-out. it's not hard to criticize from 10,000 miles or 10 feet. most of us know stupid moves when we see them and in the past 9 years kelly has made a TON of them.

and btw it's easy for you to suggest no blocked punt and nd wins easily but you have no clue about that. they may have also lost.

didn't say you couldn't critique the coach, just said you don't have the information they do, and playing armchair football coach is what it is, the easiest job in the world.

nd's up by 10 in the middle of the 4th, the defense had been stopping nw's offense all game long. the notion that had it not been for a gift touchdown nd coasts to victory isn't rocket science.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't say you couldn't critique the coach, just said you don't have the information they do, and playing armchair football coach is what it is, the easiest job in the world.

nd's up by 10 in the middle of the 4th, the defense had been stopping nw's offense all game long. the notion that had it not been for a gift touchdown nd coasts to victory isn't rocket science.

blah blah blah. actually it's more complicated than rocket science. when you change one little thing there's no way of telling where that future will take you. so you thoughts of how the ending would have turned out are bs.

and this is going nowhere. i will criticize the way i wish and you will do the same. to suggest to me that your criticisms are valid and mine aren't is ridiculous. so how about we drop it?

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blah blah blah. actually it's more complicated than rocket science. when you change one little thing there's no way of telling where that future will take you. so you thoughts of how the ending would have turned out are bs.

and this is going nowhere. i will criticize the way i wish and you will do the same. to suggest to me that your criticisms are valid and mine aren't is ridiculous. so how about we drop it?

keep criticizing, you've been doing it for at least 5 games now. i think it brings the irish luck.