• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

80s Metallica, 90s Alice in Chains or 00s System of a Down?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, since you keep bringing up me lying about your anti-American sentiment

Taken from another thread

Good post. Don't forget the Daily Kos. The left sure is ruining our great country.

It should be noted that you bolded "our great country"

Taken from urbandictionary.com

1. hmmm
Sound made when one is attempting to sound reassuring yet non-commital.

Sounds pretty anti-American to me, asshole.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said you can easily handle playing power chords in standard.

I just gave you a situation to play them in.

oh, you cant play them?

maybe tuning does influence your composition (and vice versa) after all

That doesnt' have anything to do with composition, they're the same exact chord. The same order, the exact same notes, the only difference is the fingering. If you're trying to say that the chords are different because the fingering is different, then you should probably leave right now (BTW, that's what you are trying to say)

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, since you keep bringing up me lying about your anti-American sentiment

Taken from another thread

It should be noted that you bolded "our great country"

Taken from urbandictionary.com

1. hmmm
Sound made when one is attempting to sound reassuring yet non-commital.

Sounds pretty anti-American to me, asshole.

ignoring "sounds to me" is not conclusive proof.... and reeks of backpedal...

and if you read what I posted right after that (after juice the moron, who I was talking to) replied, I said

I'm the leftist?

You're the one who just said "OUR country"

and

tell me what the word OUR means

but you overreacted and interpreted as YOU choose to, even though my point had ALREADY been laid out (and its meaning clarified) before you entered the conversation and told me to GTFO (implying this country)

that's why I said you were stupid. because you jumped into the conversation without reading/understanding it all.

but then again, reading comp 101 is probably above you.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesnt' have anything to do with composition, they're the same exact chord. The same order, the exact same notes, the only difference is the fingering. If you're trying to say that the chords are different because the fingering is different, then you should probably leave right now (BTW, that's what you are trying to say)

no, I'm saying writing the song (composition) is possible to begin with, because of the choice of tuning.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread

doesn't deliver.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, I'm saying writing the song (composition) is possible to begin with, because of the choice of tuning.

It's not hard to play fast, I'm sure I could play those changes in time if I sat and practiced at it for a couple days. It's not like you can't play that fast without tuning down, I mean, maybe YOU can't.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not hard to play fast, I'm sure I could play those changes in time if I sat and practiced at it for a couple days. It's not like you can't play that fast without tuning down, I mean, maybe YOU can't.

whatever you say, chief.
I'm willing to admit I'm not one of the 10 most talented guitarists in the world...

Never knew I was talking to one on here....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ignoring "sounds to me" is not conclusive proof.... and reeks of backpedal...

and if you read what I posted right after that (after juice the moron, who I was talking to) replied, I said

I'm the leftist?

You're the one who just said "OUR country"

and

tell me what the word OUR means

but you overreacted and interpreted as YOU choose to, even though my point had ALREADY been laid out (and its meaning clarified) before you entered the conversation and told me to GTFO (implying this country)

that's why I said you were stupid. because you jumped into the conversation without reading/understanding it all.

but then again, reading comp 101 is probably above you.

Lol, so "our country" is a strictly leftist sentiment? Nationalism is a leftist value now? Oh dear god, you are truly lost. I'm done. Continue on losing to Aggie on your music debate.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, so "our country" is a strictly leftist sentiment? Nationalism is a leftist value now? Oh dear god, you are truly lost. I'm done. Continue on losing to Aggie on your music debate.

so, you admit you had no idea what you were replying to when you attacked me?

figures.

no, our implies collective ownership.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever you say, chief.
I'm willing to admit I'm not one of the 10 most talented guitarists in the world...

Never knew I was talking to one on here....

So what is your point here? You've just been arguing for the sake of making an ass out of yourself. Metal all sounds the same, and it's because they use the same chord progressions and work out of the same tired old scales. If you like that, then have fun with it. If not, then join the club. The only thing you shouldn't do is put down people's tastes when you have not even and outside idea of what you're talking about.

BTW You said you had 6 guitars, what are they, what hardware is in them, how are they tuned, what kind of amp(s) do you have, how do you line up your pedal chain (since you're a metal fan), and lastly, what amp settings do you use?

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is your point here? You've just been arguing for the sake of making an ass out of yourself. Metal all sounds the same, and it's because they use the same chord progressions and work out of the same tired old scales. If you like that, then have fun with it. If not, then join the club. The only thing you shouldn't do is put down people's tastes when you have not even and outside idea of what you're talking about.

BTW You said you had 6 guitars, what are they, what hardware is in them, how are they tuned, what kind of amp(s) do you have, how do you line up your pedal chain (since you're a metal fan), and lastly, what amp settings do you use?

for metal, general playing

BC Rich Warlock 6 string
Floyd Rose floating
Drop D
Seymour Duncan hums x2

BC Rich Warlock 6 string
Floyd Rose floating
Standard
Seymour Duncan hums x2

Schecter c-7
Standard
Seymour Duncan hums x2

Fender classic Series Blackout Telecaster
Standard
3x Tele Factory pickups

Ibanez xpt700
Standard
DiMarzio Single/Double

Ovation Electric/Acoustic
(wife demanded we get this, I don't care what it is really)

Zoom 105 Digital FX pedal (from about 1999) on custom settings into Boss OD/Distortion stompbox

Peavey Bandit 112, 8/6/4

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of Florida are you in, Aggie? I'm moving to Eglin AFB early next year, could use a jammin buddy.