• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

80s Metallica, 90s Alice in Chains or 00s System of a Down?

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does tuning to say, Drop D, allow me to do anything else I couldn't do in standard tuning?

well, since you choose that example, Drop D allows countless young kids with little to no talent to play 1 finger power chords up and down the fretboard with ease, especially with high speed slides, that they otherwise would be unable to

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an electronic Fender tuner so suck it

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, since you choose that example, Drop D allows countless young kids with little to no talent to play 1 finger power chords up and down the fretboard with ease, especially with high speed slides, that they otherwise would be unable to

Alright, and what does that have to do with composition, sound or any other musical paragon?

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since pretty much every metal guitarist plays in either a lowered version of standard tuning, or a lowered version of drop D tuning, the argument doesn't really apply to metal.

this is what uninformed people actually think.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man leader, you either genuinely have no idea what you're talking about, are drunk, or you don't entirely understand how trolling works. If you're trying to troll, you're bad at it.

so you agree with guitarmy that no metal guitarists play in standard tuning?

brilliant!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"My metal's better because instead of CGCFAD tuning, they lower the F string by a fraction of a semi-tone. That's why it's within the ____ sub-genre. This is also more complex than anybody could possibly understand, and it's why bands like Pantera are inferior. I also hate America and hope the terrorists win"

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, and what does that have to do with composition, sound or any other musical paragon?

you're the moron who asked about Dropped D, then got ruined when I explained it allows 1 finger power chords ....

don't get mad at me you asked a dumb question.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

brilliant!

I meant standard or lower, or Drop D or lower. If you think that I meant nobody plays in Drop D, or nobody plays in standard, well...

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

brilliant!

Slow down tiger, who said that? You're deflecting again.

"My metal's better because instead of CGCFAD tuning, they lower the F string by a fraction of a semi-tone. That's why it's within the ____ sub-genre. This is also more complex than anybody could possibly understand, and it's why bands like Pantera are inferior. I also hate America and hope the terrorists win"

Seriously, grow up man. You don't even know what you're arguing about anymore Leader. You're arguing that tuning differentiates and defines metal...

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow down tiger, who said that? You're deflecting again.

Seriously, grow up man. You don't even know what you're arguing about anymore Leader. You're arguing that tuning differentiates and defines metal...

you don't even know who you're quoting, dolt.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're the moron who asked about Dropped D, then got ruined when I explained it allows 1 finger power chords ....

Except those power chords are perfectly playable in standard tuning. Your argument was that different tunings open up chords that are otherwise unplayable unless you have mutant hands.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except those power chords are perfectly playable in standard tuning. Your argument was that different tunings open up chords that are otherwise unplayable unless you have mutant hands.

LIE again.

Yes, I said tuning open up CHORDS not playable in other tunings

However , they may not be playable at that tempo in standard.

Aggie mentioned dropped D.

I pointed out the typical advantage for metal, that drop D affords given typical chord usage.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ruined? I can play a 1 finger power chord in standard tuning. Put your first finger on B and D in first position, and play the open E. BOOM. There's an E5.

Seriously though, how does Band A playing a chord a different way than Band B does make it different?

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruined? I can play a 1 finger power chord in standard tuning. Put your first finger on B and D in first position, and play the open E. BOOM. There's an E5.

Seriously though, how does Band A playing a chord a different way than Band B does make it different?

play 240 bpm 8th note power chord progressions in standard tuning.