• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8 HOFers NFL Draft : Chat

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that matter? Crossing sports (cause it's a situation I know well), Edgar Martinez and Jim Pressley were on the same Mariner's teams and Pressley was the starter. Does that mean that Pressley is the better player that Martinez?
I'm not arguing Montana/Young anymore Bro. It's like you arguing Jamie Moyer is better than Randy Johnson:L

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there should also be a stat out there to measure those short distance first downs, they show

drew Bledsoe is better than Tom Brady??
So you're on board with Young over Montana? Double football clueless

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be overly critical of your team, but when teams are this close in talent, playing a guy in a position where he's overmatched is a tie breaker. The Montana/Young debate is absurd. They were on the same team lol. Who rode the bench?

But... If you honestly look at their numbers it's not crazy for someone to have the opinion Young was better. It's not like comparing Sanders to Payton which is seriously absurd! :2cents:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing Montana/Young anymore Bro. It's like you arguing Jamie Moyer is better than Randy Johnson:L

huh? So, saying someone who was dominate may be just as good or better than someone else who was also dominate is like saying that someone who was good was as good as someone who was dominate?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young was a great player, a HOFers, but your arguments are borderline stupid. Montana is generally regarded by experts, fans and even guys on the mocks as the best ever. Young? Borderline top 10, MAYBE. How many times has Young been taken as the top QB in one of these Mocks? Answer, never

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But... If you honestly look at their numbers it's not crazy for someone to have the opinion Young was better. It's not like comparing Sanders to Payton which is seriously absurd! :2cents:
Ok....Emmitt Smith was better than Barry Sanders or Walter Payton. More yards and TD's than either, and more rings than both combined

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok....Emmitt Smith was better than Barry Sanders or Walter Payton. More yards and TD's than either, and more rings than both combined

This makes no sense, Montana has more yards & td's than Young.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, my friends, is how you destroy an argument. Well done, UK.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young was a great player, a HOFers, but your arguments are borderline stupid. Montana is generally regarded by experts, fans and even guys on the mocks as the best ever. Young? Borderline top 10, MAYBE. How many times has Young been taken as the top QB in one of these Mocks? Answer, never

So, your opinion is that my opinion is absurd because others share your opinion? Everyone has an opinion, I have mine. I'm not arguing that mine is correct, just that mine has merit.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes no sense, Montana has more yards & td's than Young.
You said if you honestly looked at their numbers, you could make the Young over Montana argument

If that's the case, you could look at Emmitts numbers and proclaim him CLEARLY the best ever....even though I didn't place him top 5

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, you could look at Emmitts numbers and proclaim him CLEARLY the best ever....even though I didn't place him top 5

Actually, Emmitt played so long that his numbers are watered down, it hurt him to go for the career records. Guys like Jim Brown and Barry Sanders are the ones who benefited, because they left the game before their numbers started to decline.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Top 10 maybe? He is top 10 there's no doubt. Montana is regarded by most as the best, me included but it's not rediculous to have the opinion Young is better, it's not like he's saying Vinny Testaverde was better, Young actually lead the league in comp %, td's, yards per attempt and QB rating multiple times. Like I said I don't agree that Young is better but I don't think it's stupid anyone thinks that. Good lord people think Elway is top 3, now that's stupid!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haven't checked the stats yet, just your reasoning was absurd...

I could easily see why someone would say young was better than Montana... Montana started 21 more starts and 23 more games with almost a thousand more completions... But Young actually has the better completion percentage, TD %... They had the same career interception %...

Young had the better best years(at least statistically)... and that is not even talking about Young as a rusher.... Young was clearly the better rusher and had some amazing seasons doing that, with 5 seasons over 400 yards...

Honestly, if you just look at the statistics, I would say Young had the better career...

even look at QB rating, Montana was only over 100 4 times in his career, while young was 8 times...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There it is in a nutshell Milk.....you need to go check stats. I saw both guys play, don't need wiki

that is utter BS, you can not disregard statistics because you saw a player... I am not saying one is better than the other... But if all the statistics back a certain player then there has to be SOME truth to it...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will post the matchups now...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66