• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/23 Bum @ pure evil

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is coming out that the muffed double steal may have actually been a muffed sign from Kelly. Nunez and Panik apparently both read it as a hit-and-run, but Bum never swung. So either Bum missed the sign or Kelly didn't give Bum the sign.

Kelly has been a bit of a dumpster fire this year (not as bad as he has been blamed, but not good enough to keep his job, either), but I get the sense that Bum is not the most coachable hitter. He never puts up situational ABs. No matter the situation, he just swings out of his shoes. Maybe he ignored the HnR sign, or he forgot, or he doesn't know the signs well enough to have caught it.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is coming out that the muffed double steal may have actually been a muffed sign from Kelly. Nunez and Panik apparently both read it as a hit-and-run, but Bum never swung. So either Bum missed the sign or Kelly didn't give Bum the sign.

Kelly has been a bit of a dumpster fire this year (not as bad as he has been blamed, but not good enough to keep his job, either), but I get the sense that Bum is not the most coachable hitter. He never puts up situational ABs. No matter the situation, he just swings out of his shoes. Maybe he ignored the HnR sign, or he forgot, or he doesn't know the signs well enough to have caught it.

Whiteside's fault.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, ESPN lists Peavy as the probable starter for this Saturday.

If he starts that game, the BP better be ready by the 4th inning. Good news for Atlanta.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a game thread. You guys are good fans, I like your insight. I never talk shit.

It's fine I was not in a great mood during that game, and not exactly feeling all warm and fuzzy towards Dodger fans. You were an easy target...

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I think Bumgarner is going to win the Cy his inconsistency reminds me it will be a struggle
Bum has lots of things going for him but you're right, he's not consistantly dominant. It will be tough to get to 20 or the CY

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine I was not in a great mood during that game, and not exactly feeling all warm and fuzzy towards Dodger fans. You were an easy target...
I'm guessing he'll LOVE todays GT title...