• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

79 - 99 Bucket NFL Draft : CHAT

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Vegas odds for 2017-18 SB Winner

Patriots 7-1
Falcons12-1
Packers 12-1
Cowboys 12-1
Seahawks 15-1

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bottom line guy. 400+ yards, SB MVP-4, Champion-5....and all his teammates...Thank Him. He's the best

My biggest problem with this logic is how excuses are given to Dan Marino and Aaron Rodgers... If you want to say winning is al that and a can of beans, then you have to be consistent(not just talking you)...

But either way, i don't think anyone would take anything away from brady... he is clearly ONE of the best players, not just QB, of all time...

But i think the problem when we talk about GOAT is that we don't just want to take the player with the best career, but also whose talent matches it... and IN NO WAY is tom brady a top 5 talented QB... But he sure has the career achievements to be considered to be GOAT...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest problem with this logic is how excuses are given to Dan Marino and Aaron Rodgers... If you want to say winning is al that and a can of beans, then you have to be consistent(not just talking you)...

But either way, i don't think anyone would take anything away from brady... he is clearly ONE of the best players, not just QB, of all time...

But i think the problem when we talk about GOAT is that we don't just want to take the player with the best career, but also whose talent matches it... and IN NO WAY is tom brady a top 5 talented QB... But he sure has the career achievements to be considered to be GOAT...
I'm sorry dude, but big balls, ice in your veins, clutch, whatever you want to call it, is the biggest talent of them all. If it were just "arm talent", Jeff George or John Elway would be the GOAT

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a stat analysis a while back (yeah - me working with stats, no one saw that coming) and Brady came up at #4. Now, this did include playoffs and such, but was before the 2014 season - so it's outdated. I am looking at working on it again with some additional tweaks (strength of opponent, weighted categories, etc.) but I don't know when I'll get it done.

Either way, Brady is one of the most accomplished QBs in history.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry dude, but big balls, ice in your veins, clutch, whatever you want to call it, is the biggest talent of them all. If it were just "arm talent", Jeff George or John Elway would be the GOAT

But would you say he's clutch if Vinatieri misses two field goals, Marshawn Lynch gets the balland Atlanta doesn't self destruct? He had nothing to do with those things. Then he would get the old nonsense Peyton Manning narrative of can't win the big one. Which is why all those narratives are silly.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a stat analysis a while back (yeah - me working with stats, no one saw that coming) and Brady came up at #4. Now, this did include playoffs and such, but was before the 2014 season - so it's outdated. I am looking at working on it again with some additional tweaks (strength of opponent, weighted categories, etc.) but I don't know when I'll get it done.

Either way, Brady is one of the most accomplished QBs in history.

Would love to see this analysis... I am a numbers person too... But the popular given numbers are so incomplete...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, this is not a debate on whether his career achievements make him the GOAT... The question is how much you weigh in talent...

If you call Tom brady the GOAT, then how can you consider Dan Marino or aaron Rodgers as all time greats??

You even tried to make a trade with me and tried to sell it with Marino is BETTER than Manning... but you know wins is what makes the best the best...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but again, he was a Head Coach before Brady came along. He's been to 7 with him. How many has Bill Belichick won without Brady? It's a nice, round number...
Bellicek had one year in New England without Brady. I'm not sure this is a valid argument. Especially when Brady was pretty much a game manager in his first couple seasons and it took him a few years to really become the type of QB that could carry a team to the Super Bowl.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellicek had one year in New England without Brady. I'm not sure this is a valid argument. Especially when Brady was pretty much a game manager in his first couple seasons and it took him a few years to really become the type of QB that could carry a team to the Super Bowl.
He was an NFL Head Coach before that too. How did that work out?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, this is not a debate on whether his career achievements make him the GOAT... The question is how much you weigh in talent...

If you call Tom brady the GOAT, then how can you consider Dan Marino or aaron Rodgers as all time greats??

You even tried to make a trade with me and tried to sell it with Marino is BETTER than Manning... but you know wins is what makes the best the best...
Marino was better than Manning. Not even close.
As to Brady, I had him right there with the top 3 until last night. The Dude is older than nearly any of the other greats when they retired, and it's not like he was out there pulling an end of his career Super Bowl win by handing it off 30 times to Terrell Davis like Elway, this guy threw for 450+ and brought his team back from 25 down with two minutes left in the third quarter. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, I'm just saying he changed mine last night

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really isn't honestly. These games all were decided on a play or in this game like 10 plays going one way or another.

That's the difference between a great player and an elite player, sometimes you get a little luck but it was still a 25 point lead to overcome.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean look at Brady's WR's, he has an ex-lacrosse player, a player that has been injured his entire career and than Edelman. He didn't have Gronk but he did have a pretty damn good backup in Bennett at TE. It's just a theme for Brady and Pats, they seem to still have an explosive offense with less talent...why is that...bc they have a legendary coach and the greatest QB ever.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if you take his career numbers and wipe out playoffs, Brady is better lol.

Your logic makes no sense. Marino had his chances in the playoffs and plenty of them. Yes, it is a team game but Marino's playoff QB rating was 77. It is what it is. The thing that sets apart the great with legends is pressure situations in key moments. Brady has ice in his veins, I can't say the same about Marino.

If there is two minutes to go in the biggest game in your career for all the marbles, who are you going to take: Marino or Brady?
There is only one right answer and we know that answer from what we have seen.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your logic makes no sense. Marino had his chances in the playoffs and plenty of them. Yes, it is a team game but Marino's playoff QB rating was 77. It is what it is. The thing that sets apart the great with legends is pressure situations in key moments. Brady has ice in his veins, I can't say the same about Marino.

If there is two minutes to go in the biggest game in your career for all the marbles, who are you going to take: Marino or Brady?

huh?? not what I said at all...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marino > Brady
Belichick > Shula

And neither is really that close.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh?? not what I said at all...

"But i think the problem when we talk about GOAT is that we don't just want to take the player with the best career, but also whose talent matches it... and IN NO WAY is tom brady a top 5 talented QB"

Yes, even if Brady is a top 10 talented QB (which could be argued), add that to his career, which is arguably the best ever and that is top 2 no less.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marino > Brady
Belichick > Shula

And neither is really that close.

That 77 QB rating in the playoffs is awfully impressive. Marino is top 3 no doubt, he just isn't better than Brady.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 77 QB rating in the playoffs is awfully impressive. Marino is top 3 no doubt, he just isn't better than Brady.

Jimmy Crapolo was 2 - 0 and completed 68% of his passes over 500 yards, 4 TD's and 0 INT's in two starts this season.

The league is different now than when Marino played, to not acknowledge that when trying to compare the two is ridiculous. There are so many advantages that surround Brady that Marino didn't have its crazy.

This misconception that Brady has shit offensive weapons is fucking ridiculous. He has players that fit into Belichick's system. Catch six yard passes, don't fumble, yards after the catch.