• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

76 points scored last night

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offenses are suppose to be a little rusty starting out and were already seeing 76 points tallied... I think it's pretty clear the offenses in the NFL have the advantage now with all these rules... NFL is reminding me of the NBA now and that's a shame because defense to me is the best thing about football.. I prefer a 3-0 game over the crap I watched last night... Playing defense in the NFL has never been more difficult... To be a good D now you have to stop the run and play fineness in the back field... Your best bet for pass coverage will be your pass rush now in the NFL... YOU HAVE to disrupt the qb or your toast 70-80 percent of the time... The most difficult thing to do in the NFL now-day's is pass coverage on defense... I mean the NFL has really made it difficult... I think the no touch rule should be backed off a bit... AT LEAST with all the safety rules in place give the DB's the ok to put there feelers out and not call it... I"m not saying don't call holding but at the very least don't call illegal contact for just being touched ... Something has to be adjusted to give the db's a fair shot out there...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's some truth in the rule change giving offenses a bit of an advantage...but last night's explosion of offense had a lot to do with two defenses not being very good as well...sprinkled in with a little bit of greatness of Peyton Manning

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the reason for the high score in last night game is because it was the first game of the season. Defense have yet to gel, and well they wore out easy, (defiantly the case for the ravens defense), now couple that with the delay, altitude and the no huddle offenses, and well that's your reason.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my fantasy teams enjoyed Manning's performance last night. Just plain sick.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the reason for the high score in last night game is because it was the first game of the season. Defense have yet to gel, and well they wore out easy, (defiantly the case for the ravens defense), now couple that with the delay, altitude and the no huddle offenses, and well that's your reason.

No huddle offense and altitude are a good point... That does increase the odds of scoring obviously.. Ravens D had to be feeling the affects while Broncos players are adjusted to it... Broncos do have a massive home field advantage from that standpoint.... Your avatar is hilarious by the way....

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with high scoring games or defensive struggles as long as the game is entertaining to watch. With this particular game, I don't think there's a whole lot that eliminating the "no touching beyond five yards" rule could have done to prevent Denver from racking up the points last night and once they were comfortably ahead, they kinda relaxed a bit on defense. Besides, Baltimore literally couldn't get out of its own way at times last night. If Jacoby Jones doesn't get run over by his own guy on a kick return, maybe it's a more competitive game. If Harbaugh challenges the incomplete pass to Welker (I think it was Welker, anyway) that the officials called a catch, maybe it's a more competitive game. If Flacco doesn't spend the evening either overthrowing his receivers or getting them blown up over the middle, maybe it's a more competitive game.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No huddle offense and altitude are a good point... That does increase the odds of scoring obviously.. Ravens D had to be feeling the affects while Broncos players are adjusted to it... Broncos do have a massive home field advantage from that standpoint.... Your avatar is hilarious by the way....

i agree it's a big advantage and part of what makes playing there so difficult. Thanks, i don't know who made that pic but it's great.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first half and it seemed like the Ravens defenders were looking to wrap and deflect vs. trying to make decent contact on the receiver right when the ball gets their. This is just how the league is going to go at this point. They can't have people destroying each others brains because it's good entertainment.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first half and it seemed like the Ravens defenders were looking to wrap and deflect vs. trying to make decent contact on the receiver right when the ball gets their. This is just how the league is going to go at this point. They can't have people destroying each others brains because it's good entertainment.

I agree with some of the safety rules ... My point is if your gonna do that at the very least give db's the ability to put a feeler out and not call illegal contact so easily... You have some of the best athletes in the world running straight at you and to expect no contact at all is asking the impossible.. Obviously if there is a hold sure call it BUT don't call a guy for simply touching the receiver while he's looking back at the ball or adjusting to a cut... Let's give the db's that at least...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boogie you are in the minority if you prefer a 3-0 game. It is what it is and their was no real rule change this offseason that should effect Seattle's defensive PPG total. As for scoring in general, it's been going up every year, why would that change now? When looking around the NFL you do not see many teams building power house defenses you see them building power house offenses. I would expect even the worst scoring teams this season to be close to 20 PPG. Seattle/San Fran/Rams are a dying breed but that's what makes them dangerous. You know that old saying Defense win championships. That is even more true now. If you can stop these teams from scoring even with all the advantages the offenses have then the battle is half won.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with some of the safety rules ... My point is if your gonna do that at the very least give db's the ability to put a feeler out and not call illegal contact so easily... You have some of the best athletes in the world running straight at you and to expect no contact at all is asking the impossible.. Obviously if there is a hold sure call it BUT don't call a guy for simply touching the receiver while he's looking back at the ball or adjusting to a cut... Let's give the db's that at least...

They either have to do that or just make it 15 yards for a first down or something because if this is how defenders are going to play then it's just too easy to move the ball. Dislodging isn't part of the game anymore. The refs don't even call the technique, they just look at the result of the contact. That hit Chancellor had on Davis last year is an example of that. Hit was well within the rules but the refs saw the whiplash and threw the flag. I liked the hit but I was by no means happy that Davis got concussed on the play.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with high scoring games or defensive struggles as long as the game is entertaining to watch. With this particular game, I don't think there's a whole lot that eliminating the "no touching beyond five yards" rule could have done to prevent Denver from racking up the points last night and once they were comfortably ahead, they kinda relaxed a bit on defense. Besides, Baltimore literally couldn't get out of its own way at times last night. If Jacoby Jones doesn't get run over by his own guy on a kick return, maybe it's a more competitive game. If Harbaugh challenges the incomplete pass to Welker (I think it was Welker, anyway) that the officials called a catch, maybe it's a more competitive game. If Flacco doesn't spend the evening either overthrowing his receivers or getting them blown up over the middle, maybe it's a more competitive game.

Just wanted to add the Dallas Clark dropped TD as well. I kind of feel bad for Balt because they should have opened at home. Not saying they would have won, but it would have been closer.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to add the Dallas Clark dropped TD as well. I kind of feel bad for Balt because they should have opened at home. Not saying they would have won, but it would have been closer.

Baltimore is a much better at home but Denver did beat us pretty good at home last year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore is a much better at home but Denver did beat us pretty good at home last year.

That's true, but opening at home on national tv with the backing of the crowd would have made some difference.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I have a feeling a lot of scoring records are going down very soon in the new defense-not-allowed NFL.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should probably give credit where it's due as well. Peyton's one of the greatest and he obviously wanted to make a statement.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the hurry up offense is the big key. Seahawks should use it also.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I forgot about that one. I thought it was hilarious that the cameras caught him cursing at himself on the bench. He wasn't subtle about it.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should probably give credit where it's due as well. Peyton's one of the greatest and he obviously wanted to make a statement.

Yeah and most of the touchdown throws were to wide open receivers, so they game planned well too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Someone in my NFL.com league had Peyton Manning on his roster, but left him on his bench. OUCH!

(He started RG3 over Peyton Manning, which usually makes pretty good sense, but he must be feeling REALLY unlucky right now after missing out on Peyton's historic performance).