• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/30 GDT Champs @ 2010 NL Runners-Up

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the deal with Rags? This is the second game in a row with Gardy as PC...

Raggs had elbow surgery, resting up now.

Didn't see this posted. ANyone know why Posey is sitting against the lefty?

He was reported as "sick".

Odds this was Zito's last start as a Giant?

Serious question.

With an ERA near 10 on the road and Volgy coming back soon, I don't think there is any way he pitches on the road again. He'll get starts at home, but his times seem to be limited. This has been a miserable season for him, on and off the field.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite that last inning, Moscoso looked pretty good. Better than the steaming pile of road zito we throw out there.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So evidently we sold our collective souls for 2012 and now 2013 is the other end of the bargain.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm done with Frenchy. Let RK get a lot of ABs the rest of the season and see how much we really need to value Pence. I'm ready to move on from this season and look towards next year, no need is wasting valuable evaluation time.

I'm going to look at this with an open mind, we are still a championship caliber team with our core so we just have to use the rest of this season to see what we have and figure out what we need. Play RK everyday, call up Peguero and play him in CF everyday maybe even bring up Brown at this point. If they crash and burn, we obviously need Pence for next year. If some of these young guys come back, we can rely on them with Pagan coming back and give Pence a QO.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm done with Frenchy. Let RK get a lot of ABs the rest of the season and see how much we really need to value Pence. I'm ready to move on from this season and look towards next year, no need is wasting valuable evaluation time.

I'm going to look at this with an open mind, we are still a championship caliber team with our core so we just have to use the rest of this season to see what we have and figure out what we need. Play RK everyday, call up Peguero and play him in CF everyday maybe even bring up Brown at this point. If they crash and burn, we obviously need Pence for next year. If some of these young guys come back, we can rely on them with Pagan coming back and give Pence a QO.

Heck, they have been crashing and burning with Pencil and the other no hit wonders on this team. So why not?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun at other baseball games, hehehe

ATo393G.gif

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frenchy now 7-39. (.179)

Please, just stop the dumpster dive experiment. If KC saw nothing in him, we won't find it, either.

Yep, in a season like this, no point. Play the young guys, RK, Peguero, Brown.

Has he even made hard contact yet? All I remember is the robbed homer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 hits for Pill.

Noggin will sit him for a week, at least.

The game ended poorly. It really should have ended with Blanco grounding into a double play on the first pitch, and then twisting an ankle as he ran towards 1st.

This right now is a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad team playing bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.

I don't want to start voting guys off the island, ah, who am I kidding. They should almost all be voted off the island!

We'll try it again tomorrow. But at this point, it is just heaping embarrassment upon humiliation upon disgrace.

But we'll always have 2010 and 2012. And this:

howard1.gif

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noggin will sit him for a week, at least.

The game ended poorly. It really should have ended with Blanco grounding into a double play on the first pitch, and then twisting an ankle as he ran towards 1st.

This right now is a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad team playing bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.

I don't want to start voting guys off the island, ah, who am I kidding. They should almost all be voted off the island!

We'll try it again tomorrow. But at this point, it is just heaping embarrassment upon humiliation upon disgrace.

But we'll always have 2010 and 2012. And this:

howard1.gif

We'll always have 2010 and 2012, and you need some bad seasons to make the good ones that much better. I just hope that for the rest of this season, the team doesn't try to "fake it". We are now in last place, 10.5 games out of 1st place and hold the 5th pick in the 2014 MLB draft. The Dodgers aren't playing dysfunctional baseball anymore, and the D-Backs are looking solid while we look worse than the Astros. For whatever reason, this team just didn't click. When the hitting was good, the pitching was terrible. Then the pitching got better* and the hitting fell off a cliff. Now the pitching is bad and the position players are doing everything with the bats except hit with them. The fielding is bad, outside of Stamos.

Don't "fake it" management. Cut our losses, see what we have and look to next year. This team can still compete, we have a chance to get a reality check with a championship core and steal a top draft pick next year. Get rid of Frenchy and Torres, play RK, Peggs, Brown and see what we have. Even if one of them show promise, we can focus on bringing in some pitching help and make another run at it. I would hate to go into the offseason wondering if RK/Peggs/Brown can make an impact for 2014, lets find out these next 2 months. Frenchy is done, Torres is done, Blanco is a 4th OF (nothing wrong with that).

Also, if we continue to decide to "fake it" and stick with Frenchy and Torres, I won't be watching much baseball the rest of the season. This isn't fun. I'd rather watch RF, Peggs and Brown play for a job next year, and I'm sure most fans would too. We are all pretty tired of this.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the ASB

Giants are averaging 2.182 runs scored

Giants are averaging 4.545 runs allowed

That's more than double. The ineptitude continues. Sad.

30-23 committing no errors

16-36 committing errors

We are supposed to be a good defensive club. What happened?

Scoring 1st 30-18 (.625)

Not Scoring 1st 16-41 (.281)

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll always have 2010 and 2012, and you need some bad seasons to make the good ones that much better. I just hope that for the rest of this season, the team doesn't try to "fake it". We are now in last place, 10.5 games out of 1st place and hold the 5th pick in the 2014 MLB draft. The Dodgers aren't playing dysfunctional baseball anymore, and the D-Backs are looking solid while we look worse than the Astros. For whatever reason, this team just didn't click. When the hitting was good, the pitching was terrible. Then the pitching got better* and the hitting fell off a cliff. Now the pitching is bad and the position players are doing everything with the bats except hit with them. The fielding is bad, outside of Stamos.

Don't "fake it" management. Cut our losses, see what we have and look to next year. This team can still compete, we have a chance to get a reality check with a championship core and steal a top draft pick next year. Get rid of Frenchy and Torres, play RK, Peggs, Brown and see what we have. Even if one of them show promise, we can focus on bringing in some pitching help and make another run at it. I would hate to go into the offseason wondering if RK/Peggs/Brown can make an impact for 2014, lets find out these next 2 months. Frenchy is done, Torres is done, Blanco is a 4th OF (nothing wrong with that).

Also, if we continue to decide to "fake it" and stick with Frenchy and Torres, I won't be watching much baseball the rest of the season. This isn't fun. I'd rather watch RF, Peggs and Brown play for a job next year, and I'm sure most fans would too. We are all pretty tired of this.

:agree:

No more dumpster diving for other team's craps.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

No more dumpster diving for other team's craps.

It's like playing hold 'em with two rags in the hole. You have to fold quickly if you didn't get the flop. Once in a while you can surprise and win a big pot, but it's not a good long term strategy.

With Frenchy and Towers and Quiroz and Zito, it's time to muck 'em, and get a new hand.