• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7.17 Rook @ Sweep

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. They may feel that they can adequately replace him with a couple of guys. And if he were to bring back a solid A prospect I think you'd have to consider it.
Reasonably said, thank you. I certainly don't know the inside thoughts of the decision makers as to whether they feel Smith can be replaced. And everything has its price.

That being said, it sure doesn't feel comforting on its face to lose your closer, a very good one at that, right in the middle of a playoff race when you are just starting to play very, very well. Especially when your starting pitching has been arguably your weakest point, and your bullpen has been able to mitigate that weakness.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasonably said, thank you. I certainly don't know the inside thoughts of the decision makers as to whether they feel Smith can be replaced. And everything has its price.

That being said, it sure doesn't feel comforting on its face to lose your closer, a very good one at that, right in the middle of a playoff race when you are just starting to play very, very well. Especially when your starting pitching has been arguably your weakest point, and your bullpen has been able to mitigate that weakness.

Agreed. FZ has a narrow tightrope to walk here. I think most players would understand, especially if we brought back someone who could help this year.