• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6 Wins 11 Losses...

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats our record since our 5 game win streak ended...and after this Houston series our schedule is brutal. If we want to right this ship we better strengthen this rotation.....or we will find ourselves on the outside looking in at the playoffs.

Trade....Santana....whatever....do it...Im tired of waiting for the future. The time is now with all our impending free agents. This team will look a lot different next year.

I know Britton has looked great as the closer minus the blip the other day which we will excuse because he worked 3 days in a row....but I want him in this rotation....I think Pretson could be our closer. The guy isnt afraid to throw strikes.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't do the Sjamardja thing I think we'll see a trade for a #3 type in June to replace Gonzalez or Chen. Who knows how the Santana thing works out, it would be great if he could contribute even in the bp. I like this guy Koehler from the Marlins, I wonder if they could get him for maybe Berry and Walker or Marin. Right now they need to find another LH reliever and drop TJ.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats our record since our 5 game win streak ended...and after this Houston series our schedule is brutal. If we want to right this ship we better strengthen this rotation.....or we will find ourselves on the outside looking in at the playoffs.

Trade....Santana....whatever....do it...Im tired of waiting for the future. The time is now with all our impending free agents. This team will look a lot different next year.

I know Britton has looked great as the closer minus the blip the other day which we will excuse because he worked 3 days in a row....but I want him in this rotation....I think Pretson could be our closer. The guy isnt afraid to throw strikes.
good to see another smart person on britton . britton had been up 5 days in a row . i don't trust buck with his arm . preston has looked great . addition has been placed in the bp so maybe soon he will get a shot in the show . manny is not manny of last year yet but he is getting their .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'll probably be scolded for this but what about trading Nelson Cruz if we start fading a little bit? If he continues the way he's hitting, we could probably land some decent prospects.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'll probably be scolded for this but what about trading Nelson Cruz if we start fading a little bit? If he continues the way he's hitting, we could probably land some decent prospects.

Honestly....it's a likely scenario. Wish we had him in the middle of our lineup every year. He has held this teams offense on his back.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we scored 1 run in the first on may 13 and nothing since in the first . is that futile or what ?

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these guys even looking at the ball?...I have never seen hitting like this...or lack there of

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F this team

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, I've been down on Gonzalez, but he's done his job tonight, and his last 4 outings. But this team is simply not as good offensively as they are on paper. Not his fault at all tonight...

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to think Showalter just isnt a very good manager, he dosent know when to pull guys.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always just enough to lose. Hacking away all game with a 1-0 lead like its a blowout.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad, they have as good a lineup as there is in MLB.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what.. honestly, I couldn't discredit that thinking. Not at this point. Look at who we are ahead of, by the slimmest of margins in some instances, in the A.L.

Boston 25 - 29 (and on a 5 game winning streak)
TB 23 - 32 (injuries)
KC 26 - 28 (being who they perpetually are)
Minnesota 25 - 27 (cheap)
Cleveland 25 - 30 (still rebuilding)
Seattle 26 - 28 (they've got a couple of pieces and that's it)
Houston 24 - 32 (on the rise, in my estimation, and not just because they beat the O's)

Forget the WC. These are the teams we're ahead of in the whole damn league, and a couple of them could leapfrog us in the standings in the next week (if not a matter of days).

I would hate like hell to be in a position where we'd have to trade him, but if some things don't change and I mean DAMN RIGHT SOON, we might have to start thinking this.

Can't blame the cold weather anymore. Can't chalk this up to a few days of not seeing the ball. This has been a problem for going on close to a month now. Our "prized rookies" aren't hitting (Machado, Schoop), JJ and Nick might get on base with singles but it's all for naught cause they're not being driven in, Davis isn't close to being himself, and we're getting zero offensively from our catching corps.

If some of these guys decide to venture on after the season is over, it might be a damn good idea to trade a piece of two for some high end prospects.

Normally, I'm not the fan who would rally for these kinds of things out of optimism and faith in my team and all that.. and I hate even saying... but I've had the same feeling as some of you for a while now and it's startin' to get old.

(And, for the record, I'm still high on Gonzalez. Man pitched 6 + innings and gave up 2 runs. He did his job.)

Last edited by a moderator: