• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6 team playoff

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee was consistent. Either Ohio State didn't deserve it over Alabama last year or they didn't deserve it over Penn State the year before. It was almost exact same scenarios, OSU was just on opposite ends of the situation.
They’ve been very consistent, and shockingly transparent. I don’t get what everyone’s problem is, I mean, I do... they’re either pissed their own team didn’t get in or they just don’t understand what’s going on but want to bitch about it anyway. If your best argument is “well, I would have liked to see UCF get a shot,” or “what about OSU last year?” that’s just proof this system is working just fine.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost two games? Alabama lost one game. I'm not sure why it is difficult to see why the playoff committee chose Alabama over Ohio State.

The Buckeyes got blown out last year by 4+ TD's. You can't be called 1 of the 4 best & have a really bad loss like that. Any talk of them getting in last season should have stopped right after that Iowa game.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team doesn't win their conference they don't belong in the playoff.

The committees job is to determine who they feel are the best four teams in the country. Why should a team be punished for being in a conference that has two of the best four teams in the country?

IMO, the committee has done a GREAT job selecting the best four teams in the country so far in the playoff era.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buckeyes got blown out last year by 4+ TD's. You can't be called 1 of the 4 best & have a really bad loss like that. Any talk of them getting in last season should have stopped right after that Iowa game.

I still don't understand why @Terry Rode thinks that Ohio State was a better team than Alabama last year.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost two games? Alabama lost one game. I'm not sure why it is difficult to see why the playoff committee chose Alabama over Ohio State.

It's difficult because Alabama finished 3rd in the conference and didn't even play in the conference title game while Ohio State has one bad loss, yet plays AND WINS their conference title and gets overlooked. If you cant even make it to your own conference title game, I don't think you should make it to the playoff. The committee is setting a precedent where Conference titles mean shit and that's not right in my opinion. If you don't win your division, you shouldn't be considered for a playoff spot.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand why @Terry Rode thinks that Ohio State was a better team than Alabama last year.

I already answered that. There's a difference between not understanding and not agreeing. If you don't agree, that's one thing. If you don't understand it, that's an entirely different problem you gotta work out yourself lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committees job is to determine who they feel are the best four teams in the country. Why should a team be punished for being in a conference that has two of the best four teams in the country?

IMO, the committee has done a GREAT job selecting the best four teams in the country so far in the playoff era.

To me passing on a conference champ (and no I don't mean Ohio State last year) kinda makes a conference crown meaningless.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult because Alabama finished 3rd in the conference and didn't even play in the conference title game while Ohio State has one bad loss, yet plays AND WINS their conference title and gets overlooked. If you cant even make it to your own conference title game, I don't think you should make it to the playoff. The committee is setting a precedent where Conference titles mean shit and that's not right in my opinion. If you don't win your division, you shouldn't be considered for a playoff spot.

Again, the Playoff committees job is to pick the four best teams. They are limited in picking no more than two from one conference. If two of the best teams are in the same conference, I don't see why it is wrong to put them in playoff spots.

Last season ended with final rankings of #1 Alabama and #2 Georgia...both in the same conference. They had to win a playoff game against a top 5 team to get to the national title game too. The playoff committee made the right decision IMO, and I'm glad that there was a "conference champion" rule or we would have never seen that amazing championship game last year.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already answered that. There's a difference between not understanding and not agreeing. If you don't agree, that's one thing. If you don't understand it, that's an entirely different problem you gotta work out yourself lol

When looking at both their schedules, I don't see how one team's SOS was superior to the other. One may be a better schedule, but it isn't that much better, especially when one team loses two games and the other team lost only one game.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your opinion doesn’t fit with what the committee’s purpose is. You’re basically saying you want them to ignore what they are tasked to do because you don’t like the outcome.

They absolutely have not set a precedent that conference titles don’t matter. They’ve actually been pretty clear that conference title games are pretty important, to the point the Big 12 caved and added a title game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the Playoff committees job is to pick the four best teams. They are limited in picking no more than two from one conference. If two of the best teams are in the same conference, I don't see why it is wrong to put them in playoff spots.

Last season ended with final rankings of #1 Alabama and #2 Georgia...both in the same conference. They had to win a playoff game against a top 5 team to get to the national title game too. The playoff committee made the right decision IMO, and I'm glad that there was a "conference champion" rule or we would have never seen that amazing championship game last year.

Here's a what if.

What if after the CCG's (even if highly unlikely) the SEC has the #'s 1, 2 & 4 teams in the country. You really think all 3 should go to the Playoff?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me passing on a conference champ (and no I don't mean Ohio State last year) kinda makes a conference crown meaningless.

It should be meaningless, when choosing a playoff team, if you lost two or more games during the season...if being compared to other teams who have 1 loss. Just my two cents.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think conference championships should be valued more than having a decent resume and Alabama didn't have a decent resume. They beat 2 ranked teams last year and I don't think Alabama was one of the 4 best teams last year. Ohio State had better wins and a conference title but because of one bad loss, they get pushed out for a team that lost once and beat 2 okay teams and 9 other mediocre ones?

And don't act like we only got that amazing title game last year because Alabama was in it. Had it been Clemson or Ohio state, it still would've been an amazing game.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a what if.

What if after the CCG's (even if highly unlikely) the SEC has the #'s 1, 2 & 4 teams in the country. You really think all 3 should go to the Playoff?

They can't be in the playoffs together, there is a rule of a max of two teams from the same conference in the playoffs.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be meaningless, when choosing a playoff team, if you lost two or more games during the season...if being compared to other teams who have 1 loss. Just my two cents.

1 loss, no conference title game appearance and no wins against top 10 teams because you didn't play a top 10 team all year long.