• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #6 Notre Dame @ #12 Clemson - 8 pm ABC

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they can if Clemson runs the table. 1 loss on the road against Top 5 toughest places to play with 4 turnover and lose by 2 will get them in. Think about if Clemson runs the table they will be 1 or 2. ND will fall to about 10-12. Gives them a lot of time to move up. Ole Miss and Georgia are done with blow outs.
I don't understand this logic. If Clemson runs the table, putting both Notre Dame and Clemson in the playoffs means the possibility of a rematch. But why would Notre Dame deserve a rematch?

On the other hand, Ohio State made the playoffs last year with a home loss to a 6-6 Virginia Tech team.

Just like every other team that has a single loss, the Irish could make the playoffs if they run the table from here on out. It would mean needing some favorable votes by the committee, but again - that is no different than any other team with a loss. So - it isn't about what Clemson does or doesn't do from here on out. (Don't be surprised if the Tigers come out flat against Georgia Tech next week, for example.) It will be about what the Irish do - especially if they could end the season with a strong performance at Stanford.

That said, I don't expect to see the Irish in the playoffs, as much as I wish I did.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand this logic. If Clemson runs the table, putting both Notre Dame and Clemson in the playoffs means the possibility of a rematch. But why would Notre Dame deserve a rematch?

On the other hand, Ohio State made the playoffs last year with a home loss to a 6-6 Virginia Tech team.

Just like every other team that has a single loss, the Irish could make the playoffs if they run the table from here on out. It would mean needing some favorable votes by the committee, but again - that is no different than any other team with a loss. So - it isn't about what Clemson does or doesn't do from here on out. (Don't be surprised if the Tigers come out flat against Georgia Tech next week, for example.) It will be about what the Irish do - especially if they could end the season with a strong performance at Stanford.

That said, I don't expect to see the Irish in the playoffs, as much as I wish I did.
Yeah the Irish need to win against Stanford and USC to be considered again..

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do ya'll know anyone that went to the game? They can find themselves in this pic. They can also tag themselves and share it. Pretty cool stuff.

"As part of the Clemson Tiger football game on October 3 against No. 6 Notre Dame, an ultra-high resolution 360-degree photo was taken of fans!

The interactive photo, powered by Blakeway Worldwide Panoramas, allows fans to find and tag themselves, share the views with friends, enter to win cool prizes and celebrate the game in incredible detail. The image is billions of pixels in size (yes, that's billion with a "b")!

Find yourself in the amazing image HERE! "

Find Yourself in High Resolution 360 Photo

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is something kind of ironic. If the Irish were to win out with their remaining schedule I would fully expect to see them in the playoffs. If Clemson loses a game and ends up with the same record as the Irish they could very well likely not make the playoffs.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nd fumbles inside Clemson's 5 with 2 minutes to go in the rain.....if the tigers lose this game and go 11-1 do they still make the playoffs?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nd fumbles inside Clemson's 5 with 2 minutes to go in the rain.....if the tigers lose this game and go 11-1 do they still make the playoffs?

Excellent question; I don't think Ohio State or Iowa would have jumped them due to the conference championship and Stanford would have an extra loss. It would have been very interesting to see though if Iowa would have stayed ahead of Clemson in that case.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND got a 2nd chance and scored a TD. That fumble wasn't that costly.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND got a 2nd chance and scored a TD. That fumble wasn't that costly.

bullshit...they score with two minutes to go in the game and they can score again for the win with no dumb 2pt conversion call. regardless clemson held on to win and maybe they still make the final but they definitely wouldnt be the one seed. most likely 4th and playing bama in the semis.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bullshit...they score with two minutes to go in the game and they can score again for the win with no dumb 2pt conversion call. regardless clemson held on to win and maybe they still make the final but they definitely wouldnt be the one seed. most likely 4th and playing bama in the semis.
I thought we were done with the IF game, cause we can play this game with any team. If the ND player wasn't caring the ball loosely and didn't get the ball knock out by Kearse, ND would have still needed a 2pt conversion, stop Deshaun Watson on a 2 min drive, and then beat Clemson in OT.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we were done with the IF game, cause we can play this game with any team. If the ND player wasn't caring the ball loosely and didn't get the ball knock out by Kearse, ND would have still needed a 2pt conversion, stop Deshaun Watson on a 2 min drive, and then beat Clemson in OT.
They stopped them pretty damn easily after the fumble....and two scores In Regulation Wins the game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ND would have beaten Clemson the final rankings would have looked like this IMO:

1. Alabama
2. Michigan State
3. Oklahoma
4. Notre Dame
5. Clemson
6. Stanford
7. Iowa
8. Ohio State

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Abraham Lincoln didn't fuck that black alien?