• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6/21, Giants @ Bridesmaids

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold on Peavy, Vogey, Timmah nor THud. These guys are going 5-6 innings, and at that rate, we are going to wear down the bullpen.

It's not a matter of being "sold" on any of them. Two of them are going to need to be decent in the 4/5 slots. Peavy has the highest floor and Huddy is a non-fit in the bully.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will most assuredly trade for a #2 starter in July. Might cost Susac + but them's the breaks.

Bum, #2, Heston, Cain/Peavy/Huddy/Vogey/Timmy (whichever 2 show consistency...my guess is Cain and Hudson)

Can't see it. That would mean cuttling loose two of Timmy/Peavy/Tron. Unlikely

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see it. That would mean cuttling loose two of Timmy/Peavy/Tron. Unlikely

This team goes nowhere in the playoffs without a legit 2. Cain is WAY to unknown.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As disappointing as the game was I did have a good experience taking public transit to and from the game. I took the Greenline from Aviation to the Harbor Fwy Station where a dodger shuttle bus finished the trip to the stadium. $1.75 for the rail and the shuttle bus is free w/ticket. 1 hr from front door to stadium parking lot. :) No $20 parking fee or waiting in long lines of traffic!!!!! The shuttle has its own lane around the stadium. The return trip was the same but in reverse, except that the shuttle uses more fwy.

Of course I still hate the fucking latrine :lol:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As disappointing as the game was I did have a good experience taking public transit to and from the game. I took the Greenline from Aviation to the Harbor Fwy Station where a dodger shuttle bus finished the trip to the stadium. $1.75 for the rail and the shuttle bus is free w/ticket. 1 hr from front door to stadium parking lot. :) No $20 parking fee or waiting in long lines of traffic!!!!! The shuttle has its own lane around the stadium. The return trip was the same but in reverse, except that the shuttle uses more fwy.

Of course I still hate the fucking latrine :lol:
Did you wear your Giants gear? I live in SD, but have always avoided the Latrine because I cannot go to a Giants game without wearing my gear, and I am not sure that is a smart thing to do there.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you wear your Giants gear? I live in SD, but have always avoided the Latrine because I cannot go to a Giants game without wearing my gear, and I am not sure that is a smart thing to do there.
On TV there were quite a few people in gear. Quite a bit of Orange in the crowd.

Of course it was a day game.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Stowe factor, eh? I too have stayed away from there in recent years initially because of the high parking fees (full fee even for motorcycles) and the incessant booming bass that comes thru the PA system. Then Stowe happened and that gave me another excuse to stay away. So why did I go to this game? First there was the possible sweep game, second i would be off work on Mon. So I could spread my "chores" over two days third the security has been beefed up there and I really do not want to live in fear of the fucking gang bangers who go to those games. Fuck them. So I went and had a nice seat between 1st and 3rd, loge. There were many fans there in orange+black and I had my Gs hat on. Life is too short to let someone else have undo influence over how you live your life

Did I say I still hate that place? :lol:
Sorry for any typos. iPod generated

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team goes nowhere in the playoffs without a legit 2. Cain is WAY to unknown.

Probably, but I can't remember the last time we trade for a front line SP. Schmidt? I doubt that we'd do it this year, but I could be wrong.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not have a legit #2 last year, and the offense is stronger this year than last.

However, my main fear about going after a #1/#2 is the price. Will it cost Beede? I am of the opinion that Beede may be our #2 is waiting. Trading him would be a mistake, I think.

Even a Beede for Cueto, one-up, may be a bad deal. Beede is "free" for his first 3-4 years and Cueto would cost about 20 mpy next year, IF WE ARE BALE TO KEEP HIM.

Would he cost Susac and Biagini? Susac and Blach? Susac and Blackburn? Susac and Crick? I may be OK with any of those deals, but I doubt Cincinnati would pull the trigger. They would get more elsewhere, I suspect.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not have a legit #2 last year, and the offense is stronger this year than last.

However, my main fear about going after a #1/#2 is the price. Will it cost Beede? I am of the opinion that Beede may be our #2 is waiting. Trading him would be a mistake, I think.

Even a Beede for Cueto, one-up, may be a bad deal. Beede is "free" for his first 3-4 years and Cueto would cost about 20 mpy next year, IF WE ARE BALE TO KEEP HIM.

Would he cost Susac and Biagini? Susac and Blach? Susac and Blackburn? Susac and Crick? I may be OK with any of those deals, but I doubt Cincinnati would pull the trigger. They would get more elsewhere, I suspect.

agreed. The problem with the SP rotation is that we've got two guys making front line money who are either not contributing (Cain) or flat out broken (Timmah). SabeySabes rolled the $35MM dice two years ago that BT would return to front line form. He crapped out. One of very few mistakes he's made. The repercussions of that decision and the decision to give Cain the big contract is that there is no room in the budget for a Hamels or a Cueto, even if we DID want to give up Beede and Susac for either. Which I don't think we do.

We made our 2015 bed and now we have to lie in it. Last year we had no Cain and BT. This year we have a decent third of a season from BT and likely a good half season from Cain. Our offense is top notch, our defense not far behind, and we have a solid bullpen that won't have room for everyone.

I'm pretty optimistic that we'll contend for the WC, if not the division. I can't see them pushing the payroll to $200MM to fix a mistaken overpay for BT, while giving up our two best prospects in the process.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post, tz. I'm still not sure how to feel about this team, and what to do in July...at the start of the year I didn't have a lot of chips in on them, seemed like an odd year semi rebuild, where they rightly held off on overpays to look to 2016 when they shed a lot of salary.

So then they start slow and I'm all 'no emotion this year, all house money, whatever', but then they play out of their minds with everyone hitting .300 (1-8) and I start to buy in...

They were gonna need some miracles and good health to really compete this year....the health has really hurt them. But LA not playing that well either...

SO do we give up assets for 2015? Or stick with the preseason plan.

I honestly don't know. :noidea:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Aoki is out for a while....health we ain't got: Pence, Aoki, Pagan hurting, Cain, Peavy. SMH