• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 years ago yesterday

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on Monday night 9/24/2012 Golden Tate was given credit in catching a ball he did not catch in Seattle the famous Fail Mary getting the win for his team.

Exactly 5 years later on 9/24/2017 he caught a ball for the Lions and the touchdown was denied.

I guess Karma can be a bitch

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on Monday night 9/24/2012 Golden Tate was given credit in catching a ball he did not catch in Seattle the famous Fail Mary getting the win for his team.

Exactly 5 years later on 9/24/2017 he caught a ball for the Lions and the touchdown was denied.

hailmar2.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wanna comment on the bullshit call against Kam Chancellor on THIRD DOWN outside of FG range for pass interference in which he completely knocked the ball away without interfering with the receiver that resulted in the only TD to even CREATE the complete legit play (outside of the push off) that you're talking about?

I thought not.

You Packers fans are whinier than soccer players.

Seriously, everyone that disputes that catch is retarded. I still recall numerous people claiming the Packers DB has possession while he's MID AIR which is 100% against the rulebook.

The ref that came in waving his arms sideways means the clock is 0... not it's incomplete. Ugh, the level of idiot football knowledge that arose from that play is the reason I can't stand to listen to Gruden's dumbass voice.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on the team you play for and who you're playing against
Fuck you.

And your Lombardi.

(Good God was his grandson ever shitty at calling plays, with no previous expierience what so ever calling plays.)

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard doughnut robbery is up 20% since Tate moved to Detroit.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanna comment on the bullshit call against Kam Chancellor on THIRD DOWN outside of FG range for pass interference in which he completely knocked the ball away without interfering with the receiver that resulted in the only TD to even CREATE the complete legit play (outside of the push off) that you're talking about?

I thought not.

Seriously, everyone that disputes that catch is retarded. I still recall numerous people claiming the Packers DB has possession while he's MID AIR which is 100% against the rulebook.

The ref that came in waving his arms sideways means the clock is 0... not it's incomplete. Ugh, the level of idiot football knowledge that arose from that play is the reason I can't stand to listen to Gruden's dumbass voice.

I just thought it was great that Tate had some BS happen to him on the 5th anniversary of that previous play where the score did not count this time. He can see both sides of it now and it happened to a team in the same division so that is a win as well. I dont really give a shit about the game 5 years ago. Just that this event yesterday happened to be on the 5 year anniversary. There are a variety of opinions on what happened 5 years ago in Seattle and I am sure there are threads here that could be dug up that you could read through so see all the different views on what happened.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought not.

What about the second call that on that same play that was fucked up when Tate admitted pushing off of Sam Shields creating offensive pass interference before the Packer interception?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:deadhorse:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see that some still don't understand the football definition of "simultaneous possession".

It was 100% the correct call. It was a touchdown.

End of story

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was tough call for you cheeseheads.

I liked the OT win in the NFCCG better...

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that some still don't understand the football definition of "simultaneous possession".

End of story

The point is not what happened 5 years ago the point is that this wonderful event that happened yesterday if you are a fan of any team in the NFC north besides the Lions happened to happen on the 5th anniversary of a controversial call but this time it did not go in the receivers favor. And it happened to be the same receiver from 5 years ago.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

End of story
Except simultaneous possession means both players gain control of the ball at the same time. That didn't happen here. Jennings had the ball in both hands with it pulled into his chest. Tate merely had one hand on the ball, essentially between the ball and Jennings' chest. Had Tate actually been able to lodge the ball out of Jennings' possession, the ball would have either fallen into another player's hands or to the ground. Tate never got both hands on the ball to pull it away from Jennings in a controlled fashion until they were both on the ground.

Funny observation is I never actually heard Tate say he caught the ball. I listened to an interview with him a few days after the game and also in an interview his first year with the Lions the first time they played the Packers. Both times he essentially said he was going up and trying to make a play and the refs called it his way. Odd word selection if he actually believed he caught the ball.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow has

Wow has it been 5 years already, dang time is flying

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And five years later, the replacements are long gone and people are still bitching about the refs.

That's the real karma.