• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 Reasons The Giants Beat Us???

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well said, Deep...Keep in mind however, that advantage/disadvantage goes both ways.

yes, just making a comment to that one item, not thinking they're the only ones with this advantage.

would being windy give us a SLIGHT advantage on special teams?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yes, just making a comment to that one item, not thinking they're the only ones with this advantage.

would being windy give us a SLIGHT advantage on special teams?

Yeah, I would think so - both Lee & Akers are well versed on the tendencies of the wind at the Stick. When Akers came here he picked Nedney's brain about how to deal with the wind which he claimed helped him a great deal.

Where the wind & rain may hurt us a little is with Alex. Smith already has trouble throwing a tight spiral and thus wind and a wet ball could cause some floaters this Sunday (pun intended ;) )

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would think so - both Lee & Akers are well versed on the tendencies of the wind at the Stick. When Akers came here he picked Nedney's brain about how to deal with the wind which he claimed helped him a great deal.

Where the wind & rain may hurt us a little is with Alex. Smith already has trouble throwing a tight spiral and thus wind and a wet ball could cause some floaters this Sunday (pun intended ;) )

ohoq9.jpg

And doubtless Nolan did too....:arg:

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry about the haters,the game will take care of itself,,,,good luck sunday

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IMO a slick field helps WR's more than CB's? its like cold conditons but not 'heavy' snow, it helps the WR's cause they know exactly where their going. CB's don't know when/where the receive will cut, and more likely to lose their footing.

being windy might help a little, as Manning/receivers are better at the long ball.

Jacobs can be very effective in the 4th quarter, but my vote goes to Bradshaw as the more dangerous back.

That could be true. But I'll take our CBs over theirs, so hopefully that partially cancels it out. Not to mention our CBs, especially Brown, should be used to playing in these conditions.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That could be true. But I'll take our CBs over theirs, so hopefully that partially cancels it out. Not to mention our CBs, especially Brown, should be used to playing in these conditions.

first, don't want to exaggerate my opinion of a slick field. do feel the WR's have an advantage, but not saying they'll cut and run free.

second, if both WR corps were near equal, then i'll take our CB's too. but we all know they aren't and it isn't close.

before someone says "Vernon Davis", his strength is more straightline routes, so is it a big advantage on a slick field? i'm glad we have him but just saying good route running (cutting) is what gives receivers an advantage on a slick field.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
first, don't want to exaggerate my opinion of a slick field. do feel the WR's have an advantage, but not saying they'll cut and run free.

second, if both WR corps were near equal, then i'll take our CB's too. but we all know they aren't and it isn't close.

before someone says "Vernon Davis", his strength is more straightline routes, so is it a big advantage on a slick field? i'm glad we have him but just saying good route running (cutting) is what gives receivers an advantage on a slick field.

No doubt their WRs are far better. Even so, I think wind and rain help us. It's hard to throw in those conditions, and that absolutely favors us.

Regardless, I hope we don't need to rely on wind and rain. We put a lot of heat on Brees last week even though he's the best in the league at getting the ball out before pressure (especially considering the OL he plays against). If Justin Smith plays the way he played on Saturday, the wind and rain won't matter.

On that note, anyone else think Brees got away with at least two "throws" that would have been called grounding if, say, Alex Smith threw them? At least twice on the way down he just kind of rolled the ball out. Sure, there were receivers within ten yards or so, but can we really count that when a ball travels only five yards in the air?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No doubt their WRs are far better. Even so, I think wind and rain help us. It's hard to throw in those conditions, and that absolutely favors us.

Regardless, I hope we don't need to rely on wind and rain. We put a lot of heat on Brees last week even though he's the best in the league at getting the ball out before pressure (especially considering the OL he plays against). If Justin Smith plays the way he played on Saturday, the wind and rain won't matter.

On that note, anyone else think Brees got away with at least two "throws" that would have been called grounding if, say, Alex Smith threw them? At least twice on the way down he just kind of rolled the ball out. Sure, there were receivers within ten yards or so, but can we really count that when a ball travels only five yards in the air?

yes, if we back out of the "slick field" sub topic, agree we'll be competitive regardless of weather. for more heat, liked the corner blitzes even though only one got close. do mix in a few different looks and confuse their protections.

didn't think Brees got away with it, looked legal to me? but i get what you're saying on Alex Smith, he doesn't seem to get the 'benefit of the doubt'?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally agree with both bolds. The second one, is iffy, but those were bullshit inside the pocket if anything, laterals.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was clearly insde the pocket on one sideline throwaway in the 2nd half. the officiating was horrible in both nfc games. i don't think either team will get any favors.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was disappointed that he didn't hit him hard on that TD. The INT is a huge play, but obviously the risk is huge as well. I felt bad for Willis. He had good coverage on both Graham TD's but he is just not nearly tall enough.

I wonder if the coaching was telling them to prevent the catch because if he catches it, we might not get the ball back with much time and they score. So if they catch it, stopping them that close to the end zone with limited time is not the priority. I do not mean that they were instructed to let them score, but rather to emphasize the incompletion over the tackle. In a question on the Murph and Mac show Harbaugh said in a situation where the opponent could run the clock out and score, he'd let them score so we could respond. So, I don't think we let them score, but the priority may have been to get the incompletion. (Opposite of prevent?)