• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dash, Tox, Bossman et al, you can ban me from this board forever. The Penguins hate is around here is absolutely sickening. The real hypocrites are the cocksuckers around here who act like there is team is full of saints and their tem has never done anything dirty or chippy. So in short Fuck You and suck a giant dick.

I'm not about to pretend that I know of everything that's been said here, but I have a pretty damn good idea what it is all pertaining to and frankly, the Pens and their fans deserve every fucking bit of the criticism after that debacle of a game. :nono:

I understand that you've been completely embarrassed throughout this entire series, but to pull the shit that Asham, Neal, Adams and even Crosby (and company) were pulling during this game just makes you and your entire franchise look that much more pathetic.

The MAIN reason that the Pens haven't won a game in this series is because of a direct and complete lack of respect for their opponent in all facets of the game.

That said, the better team on every given day has won every single time to this date. I know that's tough for everyone in Pittsburgh to take, but it's the brutal, honest truth. This isn't your Philadelphia Flyers from last season or the season before. They are new, improved, younger, faster, more skilled...and all of the sudden...better than you. You just have suck it up and deal with it now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the two point conversion is GOOD.....AGAIN!!

Outplayed and outclassed for this entire series AND regular season. Imagine that... :noidea:

In your heads for good.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dash, Tox, Bossman et al, you can ban me from this board forever. The Penguins hate is around here is absolutely sickening. The real hypocrites are the cocksuckers around here who act like there is team is full of saints and their tem has never done anything dirty or chippy. So in short Fuck You and suck a giant dick.

I tell people to suck my dick all the time... Gotta do better than that to get banned. ;)

Cut it out. The hate has always been there.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not about to pretend that I know of everything that's been said here, but I have a pretty damn good idea what it is all pertaining to and frankly, the Pens and their fans deserve every fucking bit of the criticism after that debacle of a game. :nono:

I understand that you've been completely embarrassed throughout this entire series, but to pull the shit that Asham, Neal, Adams and even Crosby (and company) were pulling during this game just makes you and your entire franchise look that much more pathetic.

The MAIN reason that the Pens haven't won a game in this series is because of a direct and complete lack of respect for their opponent in all facets of the game.

That said, the better team on every given day has won every single time to this date. I know that's tough for everyone in Pittsburgh to take, but it's the brutal, honest truth. This isn't your Philadelphia Flyers from last season or the season before. They are new, improved, younger, faster, more skilled...and all of the sudden...better than you. You just have suck it up and deal with it now.

Actually, the Pens guys on the boards have been pretty reasonable about this whole debacle imo. They all seem somewhere between pissed and depressed at Asham and Adams, are either condemning of the Neal hits or need to see replays, and they are defending Crosby, who while I agree has been a pest and not the best leader yesterday, hasn't done anything worth getting overly upset about.

And their reward for being somewhat rational is having everyone on the hockey boards come on and dogpile their squad. I'm sure they are pretty peeved at A) how flat their team has been, esp. defensively, B) how goonish their organization looked yesterday, even if that's a departure from the norm, and C) how it feels like they personally are getting railed on by all the fans on the SportsHoopla forums. So I understand they might be getting frustrated. That said...

sbb, that was a pretty low comment. This forum is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the swamp, and the mods haven't done anything worth that kind of vitriol. I understand that you are pretty steamed right now, but you are better than that. Let's ALL of us make sure we are directing our righteous anger at the people who really deserve it, and it isn't the fans of either team.

(It's the fans of the Rangers)

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to take a Game of Thrones break.

Honest opinion? I keep hearing jokes about how Pens fans started watching hockey in 2005, but I have to ask it about some of the posters here.

This league has a brutal history of dirty play. It has a history of headshots - some players made a hall of fame career out of it. It has a history of elbows - Messier and Pronger come to mind. It has a history of players intentionally injuring each other - Bobby Clarke, Dale Hunter, Bertuzzi, Claude Lemieux, Ulf - the list goes on and on.

I don't like that shit. It's bullshit. It was bullshit when Gillies jumped Tangradi, it was bullshit when Carkner pummelled Boyle, and it was bullshit when Adams started hitting Hartnell from behind. Asham's crosscheck doesn't belong in the game. But neither did Weber's faceslam. This shit happens every fucking year, and practically every fucking game.

I'm willing to give the Flyers fans a pass here. They're jammed up. If Schenn, Giroux or Hartnell had gotten hurt on any of those plays, I'd be fucking furious. At the same time, it's gotten a bit rich. Mike Richards was an agitator, you don't think he gave an extra whack on a goalie once or twice? You don't think Hartnell has run a goalie? FFS. You don't think they had a certain type of player in mind when they signed Pronger? Or employed Derian Hatcher?

Seriously, when did we all start watching hockey?

The Flyers have changed. They got rid of some players, and they've played like pretty cleanly. Seriously, if I didn't hate the organization to the core, I might to start actually like them. On the flipside, the Pens have had some eyesores this year. But Eddie Shack hit it on the head - you can't accuse Mario of hiring goons this year. The one guy with a history - Cooke - has been a damned angel. Is Mario supposed to predict when Adams or Asham - too guys with very little history - are going to go off? Does he have a magic fucking leash?

And Crosby? Yeah, he can be punk. Big fucking deal. He gave an extra whack or slash, let's all have a hissy fit. Now we expect him to throw his teammates under the bus after the game. They probably deserve it, but show me another captain in the league who's ever done that. Find me a quote where Yzerman or Sakic says "You know, that guy, he's my buddy, but he really lost it today and I hope he's suspended and then traded away."

Anyway, I guess it's a good time to pile on the Pens. Flyers are killing them. They've been thoroughly embarrassed. I can handle the hate and mockery, Pens have it coming.

But this attitude that Crosby, Mario, Byslma or the Pens are entering some new territory of scuminess the likes of which this league has never seen! Like I said, it's fucking rich.

TLDR - rant over.

This ^. All of it.

I get the hate from Philly fans, I really do. It's a tough series between the two with cheap shots being thrown out. It is funny though to see the fans of other teams (and it's the usual suspects as always) coming in here though. Whenever there's a Pen or Crosby thread, they're sure to be there like death and taxes.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a GDT, on the main board, of course fans of other teams are going to chime in. If you want to talk hockey with just Pens fans, make a GDT on the Penguins board.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a GDT, on the main board, of course fans of other teams are going to chime in. If you want to talk hockey with just Pens fans, make a GDT on the Penguins board.

Entering another thread is just fine. When did I say otherwise? All I said was, it's funny that other teams fans (the usual suspects) chime in only to hate on this particular subject ALL the time.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see things got rather heated in here today.. thats fun!

honestly, i dont see where anyone on here said the pens were venturing in to levels of scumminess that nobody has ever seen before.. it was an unexpected reaction from a team (and fanbase, and owner) that pride themselves on being stand up members of the hockey community and when they reacted to getting destroyed the way they did, it showed a lack of class.. but its not a lack of class that most teams wouldn't stoop to, its the fact that it was the pens doing it that brings the shit storm.. as a pens fan, like it or not, your team has been given 'glowing beacon of light' status in the NHL and most fans are fuckin tired of it.. so an opportunity to rail on the pens for being classless or arragont twats is going to be taken, that's just sports these days.. teams that get a lot of positive publicity (yankees, cowboys, penguins, etc.) are going to be loathed and when they take a step off the straight and narrow, people are going to jump all over it

and to get on other fanbases for being all over the pens when they clearly cross the line is hypocritical in itself.. when its not the pens, pens fans are the first group to cry foul ever since crosby started having his problems.. so suck it up.. your team behaved badly, people jumped all over them.. welcome to the 24-hr sports media society

honestly i'm not even concerned with what crosby did yesterday.. honestly i'm kinda of the opinion that he did what he was supposed to.. sure it was a childish way of doing it, but someone had to do something to get the team going, and who better than the captain? he tried to stir things up, got in a few fights (the glove thing was stupid, but it is what it is).. that's what hockey teams do to try and get back in the game/series.. my problem is mostly with james neal to be honest.. i have a serious problem with him trying to hurt 2 key players for the flyers for no reason other than to hurt people.. at least schenn did SOMETHING.. and the adams stuff, i'd probably want rinaldo to jump in there too, and hair pulling is a joke, but hartnell's hair really isn't out of the way if your in a tussle.. but james neal, i have a serious problem with james neal.

only issue i have with cros is saying they didnt lose their composure.. even a 'maybe a little bit, but its playoff hockey, it gets physical'.. woulda sufficed.. to say 'if you wanna make a story about it, go ahead, but there's two teams out there doing stuff' just sounds like sour grapes.. but who hasn't given a shitty interview when you're in a bad spot

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and to get on other fanbases for being all over the pens when they clearly cross the line is hypocritical in itself.. when its not the pens, pens fans are the first group to cry foul ever since crosby started having his problems.. so suck it up.. your team behaved badly, people jumped all over them.. welcome to the 24-hr sports media society

lol, saying that the Usual Suspects are coming in to Penhate is hypocritical now?

(just making sure you're talking to me and not somebody else earlier in the thread)

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes down to it, I couldn't care less about the post-game comments. The only reason they're getting any sort of notice is because they're different for once. Am I peeved that Sid seems to be losing his composure a bit? Yeah...I am. But I'm equally annoyed that he's been dubbed some sort of immature slobbering fool by some because he knocked someone's glove away.

RT @globehockey Sidney's sin bin Sidney’s sin bin - The Globe and Mail

Seriously? What the heck?

Exactly

they're not playing the style they've been accustomed to all year,bad penalties,retaliation,etc...and frustration has set in,nothing more.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz has better start concentrating on stopping some damn pucks.Bullshit that the Flyers have to score 4-5 goals just to be in a game.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, saying that the Usual Suspects are coming in to Penhate is hypocritical now?

(just making sure you're talking to me and not somebody else earlier in the thread)

it was more of a general comment haha.. people hate shit, and people hate on the pens more than anything because the media/nhl doesn't hate the pens enough.. IMO its only fair that hockey fans hate the pens more than other teams

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Bryz can get zoned in - those soft goals are the ones that hurt.

Rep to OP - your prediction was dead-on.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're used to it, I figured you guys were too. Pretty much Bruins/Nucks/Pens, most hated teams it seems.

i really have no problems with the nucks.. and aside from marchand i dont have a problem w/ the bruins either

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously, yesterday's game got out of control and it spilled over to the board with some heated posts. The only bannings that took place yesterday was to the same person (twice) for disrupting the board with nonsense posts. I don't think any of the mods are going to ban people for expressing their opinions, where it gets sketchy is when it morphs into personal attacks etc.

In short, I find nothing in your post that warrants a banning or even a warning sbb.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, yesterday's game got out of control and it spilled over to the board with some heated posts. The only bannings that took place yesterday was to the same person (twice) for disrupting the board with nonsense posts. I don't think any of the mods are going to ban people for expressing their opinions, where it gets sketchy is when it morphs into personal attacks etc.

In short, I find nothing in your post that warrants a banning or even a warning sbb.

Oooh, oooh! Fine him 2500 rep points!