• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This been posted yet?

Most impressive stat from today's game:

9RLxq.jpg

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, look. I understand that Crosby is a chirpy guy. And that he'll take a whack at the goalie's glove a few times before the whistle blows (though who doesn't?), or that he'll give you a few whacks when the ref isn't looking, or that he'll start shit and not finish it. These are all things I believe, justified or no, about Sidney Crosby. But this glove whacking thing? Where he knocks equipment away from the other team during a stoppage for no other reason than to be a total dick? It's complete bitch-material. It's vindictive, and petty, and

IT'S FUCKING HILARIOUS.

Seriously, if Hartnell was doing this stuff, I'd be laughing my ass off. I'd be annoyed at any penalties he took doing it, true, but this kind of sheer hatred of the other guy - isn't this what we WANT out of our teams? Pronger was mean and nasty and he stole game winning pucks from the Hawks just to fuck with them. It'd be hypocritical of me to say I approved of that but couldn't deal with glovegate. I can't say I gained respect for Crosby when he knocked that glove away - but unlike everyone else on the board, I didn't really lose any for him either. Feel free to hate Crosby for not finishing what he started, or for complaining to the refs, or for wearing a Pittsburgh jersey, but don't hate him for being emotional or for losing it now and again.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby knocking away the glove was the least of the issues yesterday. The Pens team should, and probabaly will, be castrated on Wednesday by Philly.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was childish, but the least of the offenses last night. I just didn't see it as very captain-like.

We are set up for the Sox-Yanks of 04, BTW. The Pens are poised to become a team of destiny. They have the talent!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pfft, destiny my balls. I hope Philly slays them 10-0 on Wednesday.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the early 90s,I was thrilled to be a pens fan. In the early to miss 2000s, it was tough being a pens fan. I have never before been embarrassed to be a pens fan. The flyers are playing a hard working, fun to watch brand of hockey while my team is resorting to thuggery and cheap shouts because they are being outworked outplayed and outclassed. We deserve everything we get...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm.. 2 bannings in this thread and neither of them is a reg. Sweet.
bananamac.gif

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shit show that was. I have never been more embarrassed to be a Pittsburgh Penguins fan, as I am today.... and that's saying a lot, considering some of our low-light history.

Asham and Adams should both be suspended, and Neal probably deserves a game, as well... which sux, because Nealer looked fantastic for the first time in this series, yesterday.

I just can't believe I'm watching the same team that went from early February of 2011 playing without their two world-class centers, and still managed to get the fourth seed in last years playoffs by winning with defense, and completely flip the script in less than a months time... and completely neglect playing defense.

What a game :smash:

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya it was getting out of control. I have decided to stick to game time posts only. Talk about the game only. Enough with this junk.