• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's a difference. Schenn's run at Martin was arguably a clean hit all the way. He did get two for charging, but what Asham did in response was outrageous and completely uncalled for. He "lost his cool" in every sense of the phrase.

And that's bullshit too. There's a huge difference between helping pull someone away from your teammate during an average scrum around a net and jumping someone, punching them in the back of the head several times from behind while they are essentially already engaged in a fight with another player, then grabbing and pulling their hair like a pussy bitch.

my 2 cents

how long after the bullshit subsided,(retaliation),did it take the refs to decide to give Schenn 2 for charging? I did not see any initial call for what seemed like a clean hit,then after the meeting of the "mindless",they tack on the 2 minutes to Schenn?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's a difference. Schenn's run at Martin was arguably a clean hit all the way. He did get two for charging, but what Asham did in response was outrageous and completely uncalled for. He "lost his cool" in every sense of the phrase.

And that's bullshit too. There's a huge difference between helping pull someone away from your teammate during an average scrum around a net and jumping someone, punching them in the back of the head several times from behind while they are essentially already engaged in a fight with another player, then grabbing and pulling their hair like a pussy bitch.

C'mon, don't pretend he is just "pulling people away" that's BS and you know it. I'm not saying he is the only one in the league, most teams have guys like that, but I don't have sympathy for guys who willingly engages in that of behavior, and cry foul when someone grabs them and just starts punching.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my 2 cents

how long after the bullshit subsided,(retaliation),did it take the refs to decide to give Schenn 2 for charging? I did not see any initial call for what seemed like a clean hit,then after the meeting of the "mindless",they tack on the 2 minutes to Schenn?

the waiting is my only problem with it.. if they called it right away it would've been a marginal call that we'd argue about, but it wouldn't be ridiculous.. it's like the refs are letting the players call penalties based on how they react.. and that's the 3rd time in the past couple weeks the pens have called a penalty on the flyers.. the schenn charge, the too many men in the 5th regular season game, and the too many, oh wait, nevermind, call in game 1

by definition taking more than 2 strides towards a player and hitting them is a charging penalty.. regardless of where contact is made, who its on, if its a shoulder or elbow, etc.. i can see the argument that schenn took more than 2 strides to level him

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed w/ your assesment of asham and adams

neal though.. i'm ok with your assesment if it were 1 incident.. the fact that its two incidents so closely together where there was pretty clear intent to injure means he has to be punished

we could go back and forth arguing over who is more of a pansy and a 3rd man in type player (i'd pick crosby as my target) for 1000 posts if we wanted, so i'm not gunna bother haha

Fair enough on Neal, if the NHL was capable of being consistent, then I would accept the penalty as fair. But since they proven they aren't close, everyone is always getting screwed either the team who perpetrated the act, and was overpunished, or the team that was done harm and the opposing team was underpunished. I stopped caring about fairness after Cooke was suspended 17, or however many game it was, last year. And similar hits by players with poor reputations didn't get more than 3-5.

I'd rather you're team got screwed than mine in this situation. If that makes sense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the waiting is my only problem with it.. if they called it right away it would've been a marginal call that we'd argue about, but it wouldn't be ridiculous.. it's like the refs are letting the players call penalties based on how they react.. and that's the 3rd time in the past couple weeks the pens have called a penalty on the flyers.. the schenn charge, the too many men in the 5th regular season game, and the too many, oh wait, nevermind, call in game 1

by definition taking more than 2 strides towards a player and hitting them is a charging penalty.. regardless of where contact is made, who its on, if its a shoulder or elbow, etc.. i can see the argument that schenn took more than 2 strides to level him

I hate that part of the rule, by the way.

That's where the subjectiveness comes in.

You might as well just say "attempting an excessively violent hit."

Where do the strides have to take place in relation to the hitee? How hard must the strides be?

Like every other rule in the book, charging needs some serious rewriting.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, don't pretend he is just "pulling people away" that's BS and you know it. I'm not saying he is the only one in the league, most teams have guys like that, but I don't have sympathy for guys who willingly engages in that of behavior, and cry foul when someone grabs them and just starts punching.

If you're telling me that anything Hartnell ever does in an average scrum around the net is no different than what Adams did at the end of that game, you must be out of your fucking mind. There's no point in even attempting to explain to you otherwise if you're that ignorant to begin with.

Hartnell is a pest. Not only does he score goals and make room for his linemates, he infuriates the opposition. It's apparently worked on the Pens and they completely lost their composure in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok enough with the goonery talk.

I want to touch on the class shown by the Pens yesterday.100 years ago yesterday was the anniversary of the Titanic tragedy.

The re-enactment of the sinking by the Pens is to be applauded.

My dig of the day.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if they are actually letting players call penalties, but they seem to intentionally trying to keep it as even as possible, as seems to be tradition when games get out of control in the playoffs.

Although I thought the Pens were screwed big time when they had two guys penalized out of one scrum and the Flyers had no one, thus resulting in that 5v3, and a goal.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're telling me that anything Hartnell ever does in an average scrum around the net is no different than what Adams did at the end of that game, you must be out of your fucking mind. There's no point in even attempting to explain to you otherwise if you're that ignorant to begin with.

Hartnell is a pest. Not only does he score goals and make room for his linemates, he infuriates the opposition. It's apparently worked on the Pens and they completely lost their composure in the process.

Nope, I'm not saying that, he never does that because once the gloves are off, he is at a huge disadvantage most of the time. But he always in there slashing, crosschecking, and facewashing, and he likes to do it to guys who are already engaged with someone else.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I'm not saying that, he never does that because once the gloves are off, he is at a huge disadvantage most of the time. But he always in there slashing, crosschecking, and facewashing, and he likes to do it to guys who are already engaged with someone else.

Those are commonplace in scrums around the net. Almost everyone involved does some of that. It's way, way different than jumping someone from behind, delivering blows to the head long before they can ever turn around and then yanking at their hair like a bitch.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am a "usual suspect", I certainly hope that whoever takes issue with anything that I have said would have the respect to call me by name. I certainly tell people when I disagree and say it to them. I am not saying that was directed at me, but if it was, say it to me, filo....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tumblr_lefdrq3wPP1qzlfumo1_500.jpg
?

:noidea:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, I think if Giroux's right uppercut had landed flush on Crosby's chin as intended, his career would be over right now. That would've taught him a fucking lesson.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are commonplace in scrums around the net. Almost everyone involved does some of that. It's way, way different than jumping someone from behind, delivering blows to the head long before they can ever turn around and then yanking at their hair like a bitch.

Right, he's spot picker, waits till the scrum already starts then comes and starts some slashing and whatnot, most of the time those players are "engaged with someone else." Sure he is a pest, which is why I completely condone what Adams did, and wish it would happen more often. But were never going to agree, so I'm done talking about it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, he's spot picker, waits till the scrum already starts then comes and starts some slashing and whatnot, most of the time those players are "engaged with someone else." Sure he is a pest, which is why I completely condone what Adams did, and wish it would happen more often. But were never going to agree, so I'm done talking about it.

Thanks for participating. I'd gladly argue you into a corner again sometime. :baby:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a lighter note, I am glad Kunitz could not get up after Vorecek took him down. Jake was holding on for dear life and praying the linesmen jumped in.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Record for a team leading 3-0 in a playoff series in the NHL, NBA, and MLB: 293-4