• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Flyers are one of those 4. Dirty bastards.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough on Neal, if the NHL was capable of being consistent, then I would accept the penalty as fair. But since they proven they aren't close, everyone is always getting screwed either the team who perpetrated the act, and was overpunished, or the team that was done harm and the opposing team was underpunished. I stopped caring about fairness after Cooke was suspended 17, or however many game it was, last year. And similar hits by players with poor reputations didn't get more than 3-5.

I'd rather you're team got screwed than mine in this situation. If that makes sense.

hah, cant argue with that lol

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Flyers are one of those 4. Dirty bastards.

Hey, it gave you guys the wake-up call needed to put the pedal down and win it the next year, so it seems like a pretty good tradeoff.

I'd happily blow a 3-0 series lead for a Stanley Cup the following season.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, he's spot picker, waits till the scrum already starts then comes and starts some slashing and whatnot, most of the time those players are "engaged with someone else." Sure he is a pest, which is why I completely condone what Adams did, and wish it would happen more often. But were never going to agree, so I'm done talking about it.

Wait, wait, wait...there are actually people on here condoning what Adams did??? Wow, why is that Pens fans are always sticking up for the dirty shit their bitch ass players try to pull? I mean whether it's jumping an unsuspecting player, punching someone in the nuts, or being the third man in and punching some one repeatedly in the back of the head they will defend it. That's cool. Ultimate payback will be to eliminate them from the playoffs.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens are on the other side of that 4 you know...so, maybe it is time for a turnabout. Hah.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, wait, wait...there are actually people on here condoning what Adams did??? Wow, why is that Pens fans are always sticking up for the dirty shit their bitch ass players try to pull? I mean whether it's jumping an unsuspecting player, punching someone in the nuts, or being the third man in and punching some one repeatedly in the back of the head they will defend it. That's cool. Ultimate payback will be to eliminate them from the playoffs.

Have you even READ this thread?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have all of one person among our fan base on SportsHoopla condoning it.

Don't generalize.

It's rude.

Or something.

The Pens are on the other side of that 4 you know...so, maybe it is time for a turnabout. Hah.

Hey, I said turnabout first! :D

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't defend it. But I'm not going to act like OMG THE PENGUINS ARE SOOOOOO DIRTY. THE POOR SAINTLY FLYERS/WHOEVER! HOWEVER WILL THEY COPE!

I get irritated when shit that happens often is somehow seen as 1000% worse when Saint Sid or any penguin does it or that I'm supposed to come on here and personally apologize to every fan for something a hockey player did in a hockey game. Or shit on my organization because not every player follows the owner's bottom line.

I don't like any intent to injure (what Asham did was horrible and I hope he's suspended). But the amount of indignation that has to be shown after every game is ridiculous. It's worse because all the Penguin fans here are so damn nice and trying to be PC that they hedge on every single thing. If we don't immediately take the opponents' side or "give them credit", then it's "your classless organization" this and "bandwagon" that. I'll take classless and winning hockey games. Right now we're doing neither and I'm a lot more concerned about my team's failure to win then I am worried about their reputation on the Internet.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked this thread a lot better back when we somehow managed to fence you into discussing your boobs excessively hitting your face while you run... :dance:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked this thread a lot better back when we somehow managed to fence you into discussing your boobs excessively hitting your face while you run... :dance:

lol

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's worse because all the Penguin fans here are so damn nice and trying to be PC that they hedge on every single thing. If we don't immediately take the opponents' side or "give them credit", then it's "your classless organization" this and "bandwagon" that. I'll take classless and winning hockey games. Right now we're doing neither and I'm a lot more concerned about my team's failure to win then I am worried about their reputation on the Internet.

I blame Darkstone....

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I blame Darkstone....

It's the overall apologetic attitude we're supposed to have. Some people don't like being dicks, so they cater to the idiots who demand I somehow take personal responsibility for something James Neal does or make a laundry list of Shit My Team Did Wrong in the Eyes of the Hockey Gods and Jesus every time a hockey game is played.