• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shit show. Adams must have went to the Chris Kunitz University of Cosmotology, I didn't know he had that in him. Also being the third man in on what wasn't really even a fight was bullshit. That seems very out of character for him, but also very bush league.

Neal looked like he left his feet and targeted two heads in just under 45 seconds, I don't care if both Giroux and Couterier feel BETTER after the attempts, he should be suspended. He obviously lost control of himself, and again while he's a hard nosed guy who plays a tough brand of hockey, he hasn't in the past shown himself to be a cheap player. That said, send a damn message. Two attempts at headhunting in one shift? Fuck you, sit down at least a game.

Asham, ANOTHER guy who plays on the edge isn't really a cheap player, but damn... you can't cross check a guy in the throat, and then when he falls to the ice you really can't sock him in the head.

Three guys, should ALL be fined or suspended for their actions. I love all this rough stuff, but come on. Fight like men or sit in the press box.

Also, I know Mario doesn't have some sort of magic video game controller that makes his players do what he wants, but if the league doesn't do anything than he should. Seriously. I was one of the few non Pittsburgh fans that stood up for him and applauded him having the balls to stand up to the league and make a statement after the debacle against Long Island, but now he needs to put his money where his mouth is. His team lost control, his team acted like a bunch of IHL animals, and he needs to set an example that this behavior is not OK no matter which team is the perpetrator. He and many of us are obviously not happy with many of the supplemental discipline decisions that have been handed down this season or under Campbell, so prove you have some balls and make a statement to the rest of the league, brass included. Can you imagine the ripples if Mario released this statement?:

"Due to Brendan Shanahan's inability to act responsibly and levy the proper suspensions against James Neal, Craig Adams, and Arron Asham for their dispicable actions during game three, we are suspending all three players for a game each. Hopefully in the future the league will put player safety ahead of politics when it comes to disciplining dangerous acts on the ice, but until then our organization will not tolerate such behavior. Blah blah blah, see I wasn't bluffing or shitting you with my other whiny statement last year, suck my balls Gary, someone get me some poutine".

I'm not saying this is the worst thing I've ever seen in a hockey game, far from it, but if the league wants to crack down on head shots, this is a place to start. If the league doesn't want game four to turn into a bar fight, they need to act. And if Mario wants his opinion to be taken seriously on matters of player safety, HE needs to act if the league doesn't.

Also Hartnell is a mongoloid.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shit show. Adams must have went to the Chris Kunitz University of Cosmotology, I didn't know he had that in him. Also being the third man in on what wasn't really even a fight was bullshit. That seems very out of character for him, but also very bush league.

Neal looked like he left his feet and targeted two heads in just under 45 seconds, I don't care if both Giroux and Couterier feel BETTER after the attempts, he should be suspended. He obviously lost control of himself, and again while he's a hard nosed guy who plays a tough brand of hockey, he hasn't in the past shown himself to be a cheap player. That said, send a damn message. Two attempts at headhunting in one shift? Fuck you, sit down at least a game.

Asham, ANOTHER guy who plays on the edge isn't really a cheap player, but damn... you can't cross check a guy in the throat, and then when he falls to the ice you really can't sock him in the head.

Three guys, should ALL be fined or suspended for their actions. I love all this rough stuff, but come on. Fight like men or sit in the press box.

Also, I know Mario doesn't have some sort of magic video game controller that makes his players do what he wants, but if the league doesn't do anything than he should. Seriously. I was one of the few non Pittsburgh fans that stood up for him and applauded him having the balls to stand up to the league and make a statement after the debacle against Long Island, but now he needs to put his money where his mouth is. His team lost control, his team acted like a bunch of IHL animals, and he needs to set an example that this behavior is not OK no matter which team is the perpetrator. He and many of us are obviously not happy with many of the supplemental discipline that's been handed down this season or under Campbell, so prove you have some balls and make a statement to the rest of the league, brass included. Can you imagine the ripples if Mario released this statement?:

"Due to Brendan Shanahan's inability to act responsibly and levy the proper suspensions against James Neal, Craig Adams, and Arron Asham for their dispicable actions during game three, we are suspending all three players for a game each. Hopefully in the future the league will put player safety ahead of politics when it comes to disciplining dangerous acts on the ice, but until then our organization will not tolerate such behavior. Blah blah blah, see I wasn't bluffing or shitting you with my other whiny statement last year, suck my balls Gary, someone get me some poutine".

I'm not saying this is the worst thing I've ever seen in a hockey game, far from it, but if the league wants to crack down on head shots, this is a place to start. If the league doesn't want game four to turn into a bar fight, they need to act. And if Mario wants his opinion to be taken seriously on matters of player safety, HE needs to act if the league doesn't.

this is smart.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things have gone well, but I'm real cautious. Good to hear all of our guys emerged from today relatively healthy. When Briere is on it and scoring, it just takes the team to another level.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, I know Mario doesn't have some sort of magic video game controller that makes his players do what he wants, but if the league doesn't do anything than he should. Seriously. I was one of the few non Pittsburgh fans that stood up for him and applauded him having the balls to stand up to the league and make a statement after the debacle against Long Island, but now he needs to put his money where his mouth is. His team lost control, his team acted like a bunch of IHL animals, and he needs to set an example that this behavior is not OK no matter which team is the perpetrator. He and many of us are obviously not happy with many of the supplemental discipline decisions that have been handed down this season or under Campbell, so prove you have some balls and make a statement to the rest of the league, brass included. Can you imagine the ripples if Mario released this statement?:

:lol:

I agree with your sentiment.

Okay, I'm leaving and doing my homework for real now.

Or Skyping my family. I haven't decided yet.