• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Flyers vs #6 Devils

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think so. We needed to play our game in the second. The aggression offensively just completely evaporated.

That's what I meant, if the rest of the team would have showed his effort, it probably would have been a shut out.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I meant, if the rest of the team would have showed his effort, it probably would have been a shut out.

If we continue pressuring offensively like we do almost all of the time, yes. Then they are busy defending instead of pinning us in our own zone and getting chance after chance.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to game three as well. The Flyers are extremely resilient. I don't see this happening again in the series quite honestly. And by this, I mean the Flyers completely losing track of their game for basically 50 of 60 minutes.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading your reactions, it's scary how similar they are to Devils fans after game 1. The Devils seemed to mail it in after the first 10 mins or so of game 1. We glided to too many pucks, lost physical battles, and had careless turnovers in our own end. Game 2, the roles were reversed. When you have two talented teams with depth it comes down to which team makes fewer mistakes. Looking forward to game 3.

Sort of, only difference is, in game 1 we outplayed you from the 2nd period on, in this game you outplayed us in the second but not much in the 3rd. The Clarkson goal was a penalty for slashing Coburns stick that went uncalled, and that changed the complexion, your team played solid but not dominating, as far as depth goes, I def think we have the edge there too..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we continue pressuring offensively like we do almost all of the time, yes. Then they are busy defending instead of pinning us in our own zone and getting chance after chance.

NJ was getting it after it defensively. They have been great in PK all season. Flyers have some problems to solve.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of, only difference is, in game 1 we outplayed you from the 2nd period on, in this game you outplayed us in the second but not much in the 3rd. The Clarkson goal was a penalty for slashing Coburns stick that went uncalled, and that changed the complexion, your team played solid but not dominating, as far as depth goes, I def think we have the edge there too..

Whatever you need to tell yourself. Again, Devils fans were saying the same thing you're saying after game 1.

I don't expect game 3 to be as lopsided in favor of either team as games 1 and 2 were. I expect a 2-1 type game with special teams coming into play.

Marsdevilsvolta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

are you seriously crying about the broken stick? it was a battle where clarkson had TWO guys on him and coburn did just as much as clarkson to break the stick, watch the replay again. was a great game and your team lost fair and square. if you want to talk about bad calls how about bumping marty in ot leading to a GWG? it all evens out. should be a long series, i like the devils chances.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NJ was getting it after it defensively. They have been great in PK all season. Flyers have some problems to solve.

We should've at least been trading chances with them. Two shots in the second period is unacceptable. I saw the aggressive forecheck, physicality and stretching the ice with speed completely disappear from our game. I even saw the dump-ins start to lay behind the net where Marty could play them instead of in the corners, which is where they were for much of game one after the proper adjustment early. Just awful execution.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you seriously crying about the broken stick? it was a battle where clarkson had TWO guys on him and coburn did just as much as clarkson to break the stick, watch the replay again. was a great game and your team lost fair and square. if you want to talk about bad calls how about bumping marty in ot leading to a GWG? it all evens out. should be a long series, i like the devils chances.

Lol don't get your panties in a puff, you won 1 game whoopie, lol. I'll be here when the smoke clears and my team is still standing. I have that much confidence my team is better than yours, I'm just honest, don't care if you like it.. I wasn't crying about the penalty, Just saying by NHL rule def it's a penalty cause the stick broke, or it usually is.. Really though, please don't act like you expect me to respect your team, lol.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, twas only a 6 bong evening, but I feel pretty fuckin awesome right now Baby!!

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol don't get your panties in a puff, you won 1 game whoopie, lol. I'll be here when the smoke clears and my team is still standing. I have that much confidence my team is better than yours, I'm just honest, don't care if you like it.. I wasn't crying about the penalty, Just saying by NHL rule def it's a penalty cause the stick broke, or it usually is.. Really though, please don't act like you expect me to respect your team, lol.

Never seen this Marsjupitervenus...whatever

his/her 9th post in 1 1/2 years.I'm sure he/she will leave as soon as Devils are gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his/her 9th post in 1 1/2 years.I'm sure he/she will leave as soon as Devils are gone.

I'm not worried about it, I'm def going to always speak my mind, lol. I'm sure there are a lot of fans that feel the same way, their just wrong..:pound: