• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5/27 Braves @ Blach

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say everything you posted is right. Wouldn't Blach be a perfect #5?

Bum/Beede/Moore/Shark/Blach

I think that rotation could be elite.

Like I said, totally useful guy to have around, and there's a lot of value in innings eaters. Some of the dialog I'm seeing/hearing about him (not here really, but elsewhere), my reflex is to pump the breaks a little bit.

But heck yeah I'll take Kirk Rueter as my 5th starter any day. Assuming Bum, Sammy, and Moore are pulling their weight.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, totally useful guy to have around, and there's a lot of value in innings eaters. Some of the dialog I'm seeing/hearing about him (not here really, but elsewhere), my reflex is to pump the breaks a little bit.

But heck yeah I'll take Kirk Rueter as my 5th starter any day. Assuming Bum, Sammy, and Moore are pulling their weight.

Blach doesn't have nearly the stuff that Moore has, but he seems to know how to pitch with what he has. He throws strikes, and doesn't allow a lot of loud contact. Like I said, he advanced a level each year (San Jose -2013, RIchmond-2014, Sacto-2015-2016) and spent two years at Sacto and improved in his second year. There wasn't much more for him to do in AAA.

The game in CIN was awful, and the kid showed great grit by facing them a week later and shutting them down. I like Blach at #4 or #5. It is early, no doubt, but you can't argue with the results so far, 5 QS in 7 starts.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blach doesn't have nearly the stuff that Moore has, but he seems to know how to pitch with what he has. He throws strikes, and doesn't allow a lot of loud contact. Like I said, he advanced a level each year (San Jose -2013, RIchmond-2014, Sacto-2015-2016) and spent two years at Sacto and improved in his second year. There wasn't much more for him to do in AAA.

The game in CIN was awful, and the kid showed great grit by facing them a week later and shutting them down. I like Blach at #4 or #5. It is early, no doubt, but you can't argue with the results so far, 5 QS in 7 starts.

And history indicates that it's not likely going to lead to long term success (for Blach). I'm not saying he has more to learn, this is his ceiling. I'm totally fine with him being in the rotation for now. But he's a gamble every time out there, and we've been rolling well so far.

Granted, I'd still rather go with Blach next year than Cain, since they're almost the same pitcher at this point.