• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope that this team was up all night and pissed off, and I hope it shows on the Ice tonight, The bruins are hot to so we need to be on the A game from start to finish, We haven't played a full 60 minutes in I would say 6 games now, that's why we were winning.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have not had a true solid leader probably since Timonen? He had the voice of the locker room and for the most part, the team listened.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the referees ruined the game a bit last night by calling six fucking penalties in the first period, four of them on the home team. Kind of a buzz kill for the remainder. That said, we recovered early on in the 2nd period and then choked it away. The Pens got all of the fucking breaks though. Sheary won't score two easier goals in his whole Nhl career. The puck essentially bounced right to his tape with an empty net both times...Lol

Our power play obviously needs to be better. It just seems like we're sulking too much here after giving up a goal, instead of responding. The resiliency of this team is no longer there. It used to be a strength and maybe now it's a weakness. No real excuses here either. We're largely healthy right now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this is a lack of confidence or just a team that has run out of gas, but we better grow a pair of balls here soon or this will be a 7 or 8 game losing streak all over again. At that point, our playoff spot will be in serious jeopardy.

Tough decisions here for Hakstol. Do we shuffle all of the lines around or ride this out? Right now, it seems like Konecny and Patrick are two of the few guys doing any scoring at all. Giroux and Voracek are getting their points, but it's not enough.

I think when it gets to this point, we need to just get traffic, throw pucks on net and/or drive the net hard. Stop fucking passing the puck around and trying to make the pretty play. Just put that thing on the net with a screen as quickly as we can.

On the defensive end, we're just letting too many opponents skate free with the puck on their sticks. These are basically breakaways again and again. Mrazek isn't stopping them, but you really can't expect him to either.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the referees ruined the game a bit last night by calling six fucking penalties in the first period, four of them on the home team. Kind of a buzz kill for the remainder. That said, we recovered early on in the 2nd period and then choked it away. The Pens got all of the fucking breaks though. Sheary won't score two easier goals in his whole Nhl career. The puck essentially bounced right to his tape with an empty net both times...Lol

Our power play obviously needs to be better. It just seems like we're sulking too much here after giving up a goal, instead of responding. The resiliency of this team is no longer there. It used to be a strength and maybe now it's a weakness. No real excuses here either. We're largely healthy right now.

Agree with you here. I actually thought the Flyers played pretty well in the first at 5 on 5, and then I really thought they played well in the second. The penalties on Lehtera and Hagg in particular were straight garbage. I didn't ever get a good look at the AMac penalty on the broadcast. If the replays they showed were the actual penalty then that was garbage too, but during the live coverage AMac and his man were off in the corner out of the play and the Pens guy was on the ground, so I lean towards the penalty being at that point, not the replay they kept showing.

Then they didn't have anything at all in the 3rd which was odd. It was like someone punched the team dog and they just moped around.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hak switched it up in the 3rd period, but he's gotta stop using Filppula as the 'shutdown C'. He's dreadful out there. That line got obliterated by Crosby last night. I'm not livid about it because really, it's splitting hairs. You can go Couturier line against Crosby or Malkin, but then who do you really pick for the other guy? I think you just have to go fire with fire and see what Patrick's line can do because Filppula isn't cutting it. This is where their lack of depth shows.

That and the bottom 4 dmen are overmatched regardless of who you put them out there with.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense probably gets better next season with two of Sanheim, Myers and Morin replacing our 5th and 6th best defenders.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and I think Patrick is ready for more responsibility. Give the kid one of the top assignments defensively and quit shielding him. He can handle it and if not, he will grow and learn. Jake is teaching him the offensive part at least, but Nolan is a two-way player by all means.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense probably gets better next season with two of Sanheim, Myers and Morin replacing our 5th and 6th best defenders.

Yep. That's why I think they just ride out the Ghost/Provorov pair rather than split them up to try to bring balance. Get them good and comfortable with each other to be our 1st pair for the next 5+ years. Reinforcements are coming for the bottom two pairs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this is a lack of confidence or just a team that has run out of gas, but we better grow a pair of balls here soon or this will be a 7 or 8 game losing streak all over again. At that point, our playoff spot will be in serious jeopardy.

Tough decisions here for Hakstol. Do we shuffle all of the lines around or ride this out? Right now, it seems like Konecny and Patrick are two of the few guys doing any scoring at all. Giroux and Voracek are getting their points, but it's not enough.

I think when it gets to this point, we need to just get traffic, throw pucks on net and/or drive the net hard. Stop fucking passing the puck around and trying to make the pretty play. Just put that thing on the net with a screen as quickly as we can.

On the defensive end, we're just letting too many opponents skate free with the puck on their sticks. These are basically breakaways again and again. Mrazek isn't stopping them, but you really can't expect him to either.
Another game where we over passed and didn't get the puck to the net. I dont know when they will learn that the fancy passing isn't working against the top teams and you have to get some ugly goals.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another game where we over passed and didn't get the puck to the net. I dont know when they will learn that the fancy passing isn't working against the top teams and you have to get some ugly goals.

Yes, the goal that was really the dagger in this game at the end of the 2nd period was an attempted shot by Guentzel that ricocheted off a skate and right to the stick of Sheary for the empty net slam dunk. He couldn't have passed it to the guy any faster or more efficiently and it left Mrazek completely helpless. He still narrowly missed a toe save. Just shoot the fucking puck already.

That said, the puck luck was there for us during our recent 12 game point streak and now it's disappeared. And so, I can't blame this entirely on the players. We're definitely playing well at times and putting forth some effort.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They simply out hustled us all night. You can blame Mrazek (who i dont think is that good) and leadership and the refs and so on but the fact is their feet moved all night and our feet moved for 8 minutes in the second. In a game against the Pens we needed to hit more (yes im talking to you Simmer) push and shove after the whistle and muck it up to slow them down.We cant play a speed game against a team that's way faster than us plain and simple.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, I expect to get completely blown away tonight in a back to back at Boston, who are 23-7-4 on home ice, but we shall see. I mean, they just beat Pitt 8-4 on this same ice...Lol

We hope for a response from our boys, but it looks pretty hopeless at this exact moment. If we can't get up for 60 minutes against Pittsburgh, how can we expect to do it against Boston the next night?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, I expect to get completely blown away tonight in a back to back at Boston, who are 23-7-4 on home ice, but we shall see. I mean, they just beat Pitt 8-4 on this same ice...Lol

We hope for a response from our boys, but it looks pretty hopeless at this exact moment. If we can't get up for 60 minutes against Pittsburgh, how can we expect to do it against Boston the next night?
Hopefully this team surprises us and comes out with some fire tonight.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of the Eagles were at the game making our lack of push back last night even worse.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect example with a major problem with this team. Squidney goes in on a 2 on 1 with Sheary. He takes a good hard shot, rebound to Sheary and puck in the back of the net. Later we go down on a 3 on 1. Raffl has the puck but tries for the perfect pass and no shot. Same thing on the pp all night. Shoot the fricking puck and crash the net.