• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4_9_E_R_S!!!!! ESPN Refugee BS Thread

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this was the best place to put this post.

Lately I've been finding the Niner board here at SportsHoopla is becoming very ESPN-like. It's flirting with becoming intolerable. I know this is the off-season, but rather than coming here and getting to read posts about draft prospects, I get to read bullshit arguments about Kaepernick's personality from a bunch of people who don't know him. Each thread seems to devolve into a ridiculous argument, with moderators jumping in and provoking and trolling, possibly with the intent of drawing someone in to calling them out so they can ban them.

I was trying to figure out why and I'm faced with a chicken/egg scenario. Has the board gotten so much worse because so many of the long term, quality posters (pozz, Ray, clyde, Mond, bingo etc) have all left, or have those guys left because the quality of the board has significantly decreased. I find it incredibly difficult to have an actual conversation on the board now because I know someone (Toby, Robotic, CaSick. . .) is going to insist on inserting himself with some BS which others will feel obligated to respond to.

Between SportsHoopla and ESPN I've been posting with a lot of posters here since 2000. I have never seen a collective with such a negative attitude toward the Niners prospects heading into a season. We're coming off NFCC/SB/NFCC the last 3 years. A good case could be made that the Niners, despite no Super Bowl, are in the running for "Team of the Decade" in the 2010s at this point. Yet "fans" seem to have a better opinion of the 2006 team than the 2014 team. I assume there will be a lot of posters from this board carefully studying the 2014 college season because many of you seem to expect us to suck for the foreseeable future.

The quality of discussion on this board has reached the point where I was tempted to just rant and put a bunch of people on blast because with no regard to whether or not I get banned because I really feel that with the quality of the board right now I wouldn't be missing anything. But I'm an optimist and believe that this board can get back to the quality it used to have, and we will witness some discussion worth being a part of again. But right now that doesn't exist.

Constant revolution, but we're running out of sites. I won't add myself to the better poster list, but the "good ones" left ESPN to here at the right time. Maybe the good SportsHoopla posters would need to move to another to temporarily sustain that quality you speak of. And then move again after that became like ESPN.

I think a better solution is to do what you said, be optimistic and try to interact football wise. Stay on SportsHoopla and contribute like you have, hope for the worst to go over. Let the others get bored rehashing. Merging of threads would help. Moderating in moderation. But we hope that the former mods come back, whether in mod form or not. That would be the first step, I think.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this was the best place to put this post.

Lately I've been finding the Niner board here at SportsHoopla is becoming very ESPN-like. It's flirting with becoming intolerable. I know this is the off-season, but rather than coming here and getting to read posts about draft prospects, I get to read bullshit arguments about Kaepernick's personality from a bunch of people who don't know him. Each thread seems to devolve into a ridiculous argument, with moderators jumping in and provoking and trolling, possibly with the intent of drawing someone in to calling them out so they can ban them.

I was trying to figure out why and I'm faced with a chicken/egg scenario. Has the board gotten so much worse because so many of the long term, quality posters (pozz, Ray, clyde, Mond, bingo etc) have all left, or have those guys left because the quality of the board has significantly decreased. I find it incredibly difficult to have an actual conversation on the board now because I know someone (Toby, Robotic, CaSick. . .) is going to insist on inserting himself with some BS which others will feel obligated to respond to.

Between SportsHoopla and ESPN I've been posting with a lot of posters here since 2000. I have never seen a collective with such a negative attitude toward the Niners prospects heading into a season. We're coming off NFCC/SB/NFCC the last 3 years. A good case could be made that the Niners, despite no Super Bowl, are in the running for "Team of the Decade" in the 2010s at this point. Yet "fans" seem to have a better opinion of the 2006 team than the 2014 team. I assume there will be a lot of posters from this board carefully studying the 2014 college season because many of you seem to expect us to suck for the foreseeable future.

The quality of discussion on this board has reached the point where I was tempted to just rant and put a bunch of people on blast because with no regard to whether or not I get banned because I really feel that with the quality of the board right now I wouldn't be missing anything. But I'm an optimist and believe that this board can get back to the quality it used to have, and we will witness some discussion worth being a part of again. But right now that doesn't exist.

I have been feeling the same way lately and now resort to just peeking in and reading what some of the "good" posters have shared...

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't read the garbage. I only read about 20% of the posts on this board. Once I see a thread take a turn for the worse, I'm done with it.

Also, I blocked NN or Toby or whatever his name is. I haven't even seen his posts in months, EXCEPT when people quote him. That alone makes the board so much more tolerable.

Finally, if you are looking for a board that is all sunshine and rainbows, I doubt it exists. The only way you could control content is start your own board and 100% control who's allowed on the site. Boards like SportsHoopla are built to sell advertising and generate dollars. They will tolerate the crazies because they need members to exist.

I assumed everyone was on hiatus since it's the offseason. If the folks above (including yourself) have indeed left, that's unfortunate and a loss for the Niner SportsHoopla community.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't read the garbage. I only read about 20% of the posts on this board. Once I see a thread take a turn for the worse, I'm done with it.

Also, I blocked NN or Toby or whatever his name is. I haven't even seen his posts in months, EXCEPT when people quote him. That alone makes the board so much more tolerable.

Finally, if you are looking for a board that is all sunshine and rainbows, I doubt it exists. The only way you could control content is start your own board and 100% control who's allowed on the site. Boards like SportsHoopla are built to sell advertising and generate dollars. They will tolerate the crazies because they need members to exist.

I assumed everyone was on hiatus since it's the offseason. If the folks above (including yourself) have indeed left, that's unfortunate and a loss for the Niner SportsHoopla community.

Agreed I think more of the guys will start to come back around during the draft and once the season gets closer. Just hang in there. Like Tomik said just block Toby and the rest of the idiots and it makes it easier to deal with.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went too far yesterday in trying to make my point. I'll make sure it's more about actual football and not all of the silly shit about thug life or whatever the non football related tripe is. People shouldn't be subjected to that nonsense on their own team board. I'm not going to agree with everyone but I won't let my posts devolve into name calling or stupid arguments that don't relate to football. :suds:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just a random thought: I think it would be funny if Baalke personally sends Tarrell Brown a text message reminding him every when the Raiders have a voluntary workout. :)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Was goofin' around watching old Conan O'Brien videos, and I couldn't help but laughing hysterically at this one. You know it's an old one when he says Collective Soul is coming up next.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If I have a video on my iPhone, how can I post it?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty shitty of BSPN. Clowney is picked at 1.1 and Manziel is the headliner.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So Steven A Smith's take reached found a new level of dumbass even for him. He's now calling 30 NFL teams bigots for not drafting you-know-who until the 7th round.

Wouldn't that make 32 teams bigots including the Rams you dork?

Anything for ratings / attention I guess.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: Let's go MN Wild in game 6!!!!!