• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4_9_E_R_S!!!!! ESPN Refugee BS Thread

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett's development
4:09PM ET
Ryan Mallett | Patriots

New England Patriots reserve quarterback Ryan Mallett tossed an interception during Wednesday's practice, just like he did the day before, according to the Boston Globe's Julian Benbow. Fortunately for the young QB, coach Bill Belichick wants his players to take risks in practice, so they can learn from mistakes made before it really counts.

"As I tell our players, that's part of what practice is for -- to take risks, and to push it to see how far it can go, to see how much you can do," Belichick said. "Sometimes it's going to come up a little bit short, but if it's done in the right context then you learn from that and you realize this is how far I can go and I can't gamble beyond this, but I can push it to this point. But if you never push it to this point, then I don't think you ever really know how far it can go."

To further make the coach's point, it's important to note that one Tom Brady was picked off twice during Tuesday's practice, including one which he threw into triple coverage.

Mallett will have to avoid mistakes during preseason games to keep himself in good stead with his coach. He's still pegged as the No. 3 QB behind Brady and Brian Hoyer.

- Tom Carpenter​

Mallett #3? I don't think they drafted Mallett to be the heir apparent to a back-up.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of mine told me how some fish have a three second memory span. She wished that was hers. I, personally, would hate it.

1. I'd keep waking up to some woman who I wouldn't remember and she’d have to keep explaining who I was, she was, the baby was, my dog was, I was, she was, my baby was, my dog was, etc.;
2. Whenever I went to a concert, I'd tell everyone every three seconds, "man, I love this song;"
3. At the zoo, my family would ask me, "how many times must we see the damn lions!" To which I would respond, "that's not very nice to say that, whoever you are. Now, let's go see the lions!";
4. At work, I'd keep asking the boss when I start until he fired me, to which I would keep asking him why;
5. I’d check Facebook hundreds of times per day, you know, to figure out what Facebook is; I'd also think someone hacked my Facebook all the time;
6. At the movies, I’d keep asking what movie we were seeing and when it started. Then, after the previews, I would lament on how I hate missing the previews. Then, missing the beginning. Etc.;
7. I’d never finish showering or brushing my teeth.
8. Whenever I was driving my car, I wouldn't remember where I was going;
9. Whenever I ate at a buffet, I wouldn't know if I was done eating. Even if I felt full, I'd think, "It would be a waste to pay for a buffet and not eat at least one of everything.";
10. Similarly, I would finish my 2-Liter coke so quickly, remembering I was thirsty but forgetting I just drank some;
11. Whenever I would change my clothes, I wouldn't remember if I was putting my pants on or taking them off;
12. Whenever I went to the door, I wouldn't remember if I was locking or unlocking the door (coming home or leaving); I'd keep setting the alarm and turning it off;
13. After I bought something, before leaving the checkout stand, I'd tell the cashier, "I'd like to buy this" and proceed to try and purchase it again and I’d wonder why the stuff was already in the bag;
14. At the grocery store, I'd keep going to the cereal aisle and pick up some more Frosted Flakes, of which I had several boxes at home;
15. I'd order my meal at every window of a drive through, once done, I'd get back in line assuming I forgot some item;
16. I'd introduce myself hundreds of times at parties and job interviews.
17. After class ended, I'd stay in the room waiting for the class to start. On top of that, I wouldn't know what class I was waiting for;
18. I would never finish mopping the wooden floors, because there’s no clear start and ending spot, so better to never start;
19. I would break every garage door, not remembering whether I opened it or not;
20. In basketball, after losing the jump ball, I would ask, “why do they get the ball first?” After someone scored, I’d think the score was 2-0 or 0-2.
21. Don’t throw me the football – I won’t remember which way to run (whether I was on offense or defense).
22. At the piano recital, after my piece is done, I’d sit down and start playing.
23. I’d perpetually print documents not knowing I had done it already until the pages start coming out. To which, by then I’d wonder what I just printed.
24. Phone calls to strangers would be awful.
25. Cooking would be impossible.
26. If I were channel surfing, I’d never stop because I wouldn’t know where I started (though I’d probably start at 2).
27. I’d withdraw and deposit at ATMs a record number of times each visit.
28. Counting would be odd because even if I could keep counting, I’d wonder why I was starting somewhere higher than 3.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Sanchez said he made it a point to tell teammates that it's his neck on the line when they break down, so they'd better know and execute their assignments."

New York Jets' Mark Sanchez says 'This is my huddle' - ESPN New York

If I were his teammate and I screwed up, I'd think, "I'm glad it's his neck and not mine." ;) Seriously, this would not motivate me. It would make me want the backup... unless his name was Tebow. Don't get me wrong, I'd still be working my ass off for him because I wouldn't want to be cut, I would want the team to succeed, etc. It just wouldn't do anything for me. I'd think also, "so....?"

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on another SportsHoopla board...

Everyone seems to be in such a hurry to scream 'racism' these days...

A customer asked, "In what aisle could I find the Polish sausage?"

The clerk asks, "Are you Polish?"

The guy, clearly offended, says, "Yes I am. But let me ask you something.

If I had asked for Italian sausage, would you ask me if I was Italian? Or
if I had asked for German Bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German?
Or if I asked for a kosher hot dog would you ask me if I was Jewish?
Or if I had asked for a Taco, would you ask if I was Mexican? Or if I
asked for some Irish whiskey, would you ask if I was Irish?"

The clerk says, "No, I probably wouldn't."

The guy says, "Well then, because I asked for Polish sausage, why did you ask me if I'm
Polish?"

The clerk replied, "Because you're in Home Depot."

Some more and better ones (and yes, a bunch of worse ones) for those who never leave the Niners' Sports SportsHoopla.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should have added the disclaimer that these are, like the one above, lame jokes. So if you haven't already clicked or ignored the post and were planning on checking it out - you have been warned. For the victims, I'm sorry, the preceding joke should have been all the disclaimer you needed. ;)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Some BS for the BS thread...

So I watched The Expendables 2, and I could swear I was watching a GI Joe cartoon. It had about that much depth & character development in it. And Thor's little brother has to be the worst actor I've seen since Ben Affleck. He's worse than Keanu Reeves.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some BS for the BS thread...

So I watched The Expendables 2, and I could swear I was watching a GI Joe cartoon. It had about that much depth & character development in it. And Thor's little brother has to be the worst actor I've seen since Ben Affleck. He's worse than Keanu Reeves.

A good friend of mine gave it two thumbs up - as a stupid comedy!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A good friend of mine gave it two thumbs up - as a stupid comedy!

I'm sure all the actors would secretly agree with him. However, their agents all gave it 2 thumbs up as a stupidly giant paycheck.

It's dissapointing because I ike Sly as a writer. He wrote the first one, but I don't think he wrote this second piece of garbage. And if he never wrote Cliffhanger, one of the funnies scenes I've ever watched wouldn't have been made either:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pet Peeve: I've seen so many posts on Facebook that say that some people are sick and therefore be grateful for what you have or support those who are less fortunate. But it then says "99% of you won't post this, but 1% will. Let's see who will." I support research and funding for help for cancer victims. I have given time and money to help those in trouble and I will always be there for them. But can we stop with the guilt-tripping?

"97% won't post this..." It's like someone asking someone for a favor but preceding with, "I know you won't do it, but could you..." Or telling a judge, "I know you are biased, but please rule in my clients favor." Send your message, the good people will anonymously help others and will repost it if they feel like it. For example, I recycle because I know it's better, not because someone is looking over my shoulder or that I think that the world is ending. I know it sounds passive aggressive, but I do the right thing for doing right, not because someone guilts me into doing it. It pisses me off, sorry for the language.

Plus, I don't know what this actually does, these chain letters should at least ask for people to call their friend or loved one, donate to a cause, or something. But guilt-tripping someone to see who cares enough to repost something that does not help anyone more than just calling him, going to dinner with them, donating, etc.? For those who have a friend who has lost their battle, help those around them that are suffering the loss or someone who is suffering from the same illness. Even if you are suffering from loss, there are others that need you more than a facebook share.

I know one point is enjoy what you have. In a world where we're so self-centric, it's hard to realize that others have it worse. Be grateful for what you have... but this all could be said and was said prior to the guilt-tripping. The original posters shouldn't be so desperate for reposts to do that. Just share the heart-felt messages and people will see it. Then, go call or visit your loved ones, donate, or support those who are grieving.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure all the actors would secretly agree with him. However, their agents all gave it 2 thumbs up as a stupidly giant paycheck.

It's dissapointing because I ike Sly as a writer. He wrote the first one, but I don't think he wrote this second piece of garbage. And if he never wrote Cliffhanger, one of the funnies scenes I've ever watched wouldn't have been made either:

LMAO!!!...I definitely loves me some Ace - and he was so close to saving the little guy!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're trying to say is this play is called a boot... what? I didn't hear it the first ten times.

Start at 0:32.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If you only watch ESPN, then you haven't seen this...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3