• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4_9_E_R_S!!!!! ESPN Refugee BS Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douchery by the agent.

Yeah, I don't think Rodger won't target Finley if targetting would increase his chances of winning, but as a rule of thumb, you should not tick off someone who has a significant say over what you get paid. The more catches Finley has, the higher demand, the higher demand, the more money. This is not to say all agents should bow to all QBs, but at least stay neutral. He could have just said his list wasn't the complete list of leaders, just a few. He wouldn't even need to add that he meant to include Rodgers. Just say it wasn't an exhaustive list and say that he could have included retired greats too but decided not to or didn't have time to list. His point was made, Cutler was wrong to lead that way. I don't even know why he said anything about Cutler - was Webb his client, too?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not posting this for the political content. Doesn't the anchor look like he's from Saturday Night Live? I was waiting for this to be a Comedy Central spoof. Someone's got to know who I'm talking about (not Ed Helms). He looks too comical to be a serious anchor.

Did Clint Eastwood's Speech Overshadow Mitt Romney? | Video - ABC News

Speaking of Clint Eastwood, his retort in this scene (4starting at 4:27) has to be one of the all time greats. :)

Clint Eastwood: Republicans 'Dumb' For Asking Him to Speak | TheWrap TV

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
samuellljackson.jpg

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49er ESPN board is a pile of shit :ss:.

I'm grateful for this 49er board.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It bugs me slightly when people take jabs anonymously. Either say it and stick with it or don't say it. I say "slightly" because sometimes I like to hear more stuff so if they "don't say it," I miss out. Sometimes. Most of the time, I don't care. Journalists of course need the ability to keep anonymity in order to get more info. For more substantive stuff than jabs at others, I don't mind anonymity.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting this here because it would be even more awkward as a separate post. But I love this message board. We get blown out with our starting QB playing awful and there are no "bench Smith!" threads (yet, I suppose there could be some stragglers). When it was apparent we weren't winning this game, the thought came across my mind not to come on here until the Seattle game. I gave in, came on, and was reminded how we have rational, reasonable discussion here and true fans disappointed in the team, as opposed to one or two players. This board is pretty even keel compared to ESPN. Smith did play poorly, is limited, etc., but it was nice to see that people were reasonable and also recognized that there were other issues today and having Smith + turnovers as an off day is better than it was when it was the norm. Something tells me that I'm not going to watch First Take to hear Skip say that Alex was exposed.

Anybody have a kleenex? ;)

OT: I still have people ask to "borrow a kleenex" which is among the most absurd common requests, to me. I suppose it comes from the days of borrowing a handkerchief, but that's still disgusting.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not posted for religious debate, just humor.

"A new survey found that atheists are the fastest growing religious group in the US. And if you find that hard to believe - well, you're probably one of them." Jimmy Fallon.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lattimore looks to be done again. Poor guy. He's gonna have to go the Gore route most likely.