• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4_9_E_R_S!!!!! ESPN Refugee BS Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]vhe3vSe-mmw[/YOUTUBE]

I think MHS has hit that "experimenting with controlled substances" phase.

:ipw:

Well, unless I'm missing an underlying point, he should've hit that phase in the BS thread.

I thought this was the BS thread. I see know that the ESPN part of the thread title was relevant. My bad. Someone put this on their facebook so I thought it was out there crazy. I just realized that it was a serious remix... I think?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oops! My mistake. This is the BS thread. Thought I clicked on a different one.

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put this here because this definitely is Bull Shit.

Preseason Power Rankings: Packers pace contenders - NFL.com

Look who the author is, Rosenthal again... I'm seeing a trend with this douche. Everything he writes about the 49ers is.... HOLD ON a second folks, this is a 6 win team that eeeked out 7 extra wins last year under a "dream" season.

I don't mind critics... but when it turns into just being a hater because of some personal bias a guy shouldn't even be working for NFL.com. Basically, since he picked the Seahawks to win the NFC West I can tell this douche is going to spend the whole season downplaying anything good the 49ers do and exaggerating anything bad that happens.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look who the author is, Rosenthal again... I'm seeing a trend with this douche. Everything he writes about the 49ers is.... HOLD ON a second folks, this is a 6 win team that eeeked out 7 extra wins last year under a "dream" season.

I don't mind critics... but when it turns into just being a hater because of some personal bias a guy shouldn't even be working for NFL.com. Basically, since he picked the Seahawks to win the NFC West I can tell this douche is going to spend the whole season downplaying anything good the 49ers do and exaggerating anything bad that happens.

(Sarcasm alert) How would you feel if you were always wrong about a team and they have the gaul to prove it to you and shove it in your face? How would you like it if that team then went out and got players to fix one of their biggest weaknesses? You'd feel put on the spot, huh? Making predictions is no fun when you don't know what your talking about, always wrong, look like an idiot, and have too much pride to admit mistake. It's a tough job. It's easier to keep predicting doom and gloom and one day all the mighty fall, a day to early, and now, you're the genius.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you have said, or heard someone declare, "I want DNR tattooed across my chest!"

Well, someone actually had it done. See this image in JGIM of the tattoo and the unusual story behind it. In this case, the DNR tattoo was the result of a lost bet in a drinking game - bad idea jeans - the patient actually wanted to be full code!

In an accompanying editorial, Bernie Lo and I describe the problem with actually tattooing DNR across your chest. As we say, the idea is intuitively appealing, but flawed as policy.

A DNR Tattoo? Really? Great Teaching Image for Geriatrics or Palliative Care | GeriPal - Geriatrics and Palliative Care Blog

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]OuX-nFmL0II[/YOUTUBE]

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Put this here because this definitely is Bull Shit.

Preseason Power Rankings: Packers pace contenders - NFL.com

49ers fans will not be happy but we expect some regression to the mean after a dream season. We're not convinced their passing game will maintain.

IMO the above isn't THAT BS, most here do expect us to win less than 13 games? as for the second sentence, its not even 'maintain', its 'improve'.

we've added pieces to the passing offense yes, we've gained some experience in the same system yes, but until you actually see them play in real games..........how can anyone be 'convinced'?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers fans will not be happy but we expect some regression to the mean after a dream season. We're not convinced their passing game will maintain.

IMO the above isn't THAT BS, most here do expect us to win less than 13 games? as for the second sentence, its not even 'maintain', its 'improve'.

we've added pieces to the passing offense yes, we've gained some experience in the same system yes, but until you actually see them play in real games..........how can anyone be 'convinced'?

On average more than 90% of the 32 teams win fewer than 13 games each season; thus, saying we will not repeat our 13 win performance of last season is stating a near certainty.

I believe many on this board have said we will likely win fewer than 13 games but will be a better team. Barring any critical injuries I expect we will be just that, an overall better team that wins fewer than 13 games.

I completely agree with your assessment of the maintain vs. improve sentiment - our offense from last season, with the exception of how well we protected the ball, is not what I would either expect or be happy with.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's guilty by association. Atlanta We Do-Nothing-in-the-Playoffs Falcons? Cincinatti Rarely-Been-There Bengals? As good as Newton is, Carolina We-Have-No-Defense Panthers? Seattle We-Have-No-QB Seahawks? Dallas - Fine. Detroit - Why are they so low? Everyone in that list is a contender no doubt - don't get me wrong - but we're better than they are.

We are at least where the Houston Texans, Eagles, Chiefs, and a Payton-Less Saints. It's all opinion, but it's also all B.S. He did not say drop from 13 wins, he said drop from Top Shelf/Next Level.

I'm not upset, I'm just calling it B.S.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not upset, I'm just calling it B.S.

It is BS - but coming from Rosenthal, who is a credible witness to the game, I have to believe it was designed to be BS and thus solicit the reaction he has likely received. If Grant had made these comments it would be indicative of his knowledge.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is BS - but coming from Rosenthal, who is a credible witness to the game, I have to believe it was designed to be BS and thus solicit the reaction he has likely received. If Grant had made these comments it would be indicative of his knowledge.

LOL, true. ThreeYellowBirds pointed out that Rosenthal hasn't been that intrigued by the Niners this year. He said it turned from objective (as possible) to biased due to multiple negative comments in negative articles - as if he had something againtst the Niners and their success.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, true. ThreeYellowBirds pointed out that Rosenthal hasn't been that intrigued by the Niners this year. He said it turned from objective (as possible) to biased due to multiple negative comments in negative articles - as if he had something againtst the Niners and their success.

I think Three is on to something - Gregg does seem to be rather flaccid about our boys by the bay. He's probably a Raider fan - Rosenthal, not Three.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you notice who wrote that article? Didn't know he moonlighted...

Wow, I didn't even notice that and I'm the Resident Alex Smith fan. Well, I'm a Resident Niner Fan first, but aren't we all?