• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Ravens

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of their losses were at home but Seattle can't be beat.
Other teams can, as history has shown us, but the 49ers can't as history has shown us. As I've said many times, its only the 49ers who can't beat the Seahawks

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No duck passes they will be intercepted, receivers must catch the ball no stone hands. Need a big game from Kittle and RBs. Tough game for defense, on pass plays watch the run and run plays watch the pass! Need to blow up entire option plays!:)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the 49ers aren't deluding themselves into thinking they can run the ball on the Ravens. If they try that, it will be over quickly with the first 3 or 4 three and outs. A successful short passing game is their only hope to stay in this one.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we said whoever made the big mistakes would lose and Garoppolo and AL Shariff with two huge gaffes that cost the 49ers two touchdowns

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners will have to get tricky to stay in this one

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow

wet game = low score

dry game = crazy high score...?

A FG right now would be iffy in this weather.

But not for that guy! wow!

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought SF outplayed Balt. but thems the breaks....still an entertaining game in poor weather conditions. Didn't care much for Shanahan's clock management at the end of the first half. Good chance SF just went from 1st seed to the 5th with that loss - which is an incredibly dumb rule - but again...it is what it is.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thought SF outplayed Balt. but thems the breaks....still an entertaining game in poor weather conditions. Didn't care much for Shanahan's clock management at the end of the first half. Good chance SF just went from 1st seed to the 5th with that loss - which is an incredibly dumb rule - but again...it is what it is.

I was thinking the same thing?! IF we get to play them in the SB, on a dry neutral field, i think we win. The Ravens DO have a strong running game but they don't have as much explosive plays. Jackson is also throwing almost exclusively to his TE's, none of which are dynamic. The 49er's do have explosive plays - running and passing - and can throw it better to WR's.

This of course assumes we don't turn it over, nor incur too many major penalties. This happened today but we were still in the game.

The 49ers D is tested for sure, but feel our offense can get ahead and 'force' them to pass come 2nd half. Lamar Jackson is an 'ok' passer but not as accurate as JG.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners hung tough; you can't expect more than that. The better team won, but just barely. This one is on Shanahan again. Both losses were now due to his bone-headed play calling at the end of the game. You can't tell me that the 49ers don't have a better go-to 4th down play than a pass right into the middle of the line.
A nice effort wasted by poor coaching decisions.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. We had two explosive plays and one was pretty lucky. Other than that there was nothing. Their inability to corral Jackson did them in.....and Shanhan's terrible play call on 4th down.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Niners hung tough; you can't expect more than that. The better team won, but just barely. This one is on Shanahan again. Both losses were now due to his bone-headed play calling at the end of the game. You can't tell me that the 49ers don't have a better go-to 4th down play than a pass right into the middle of the line.
A nice effort wasted by poor coaching decisions.

Don't have an issue with Shannahan today, and yes the better team won.

Just felt if the field was just dry, we would've won. Anyway, we just have to move on and get back to winning. We can't go into the Seattle game two games down.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing?! IF we get to play them in the SB, on a dry neutral field, i think we win. The Ravens DO have a strong running game but they don't have as much explosive plays. Jackson is also throwing almost exclusively to his TE's, none of which are dynamic. The 49er's do have explosive plays - running and passing - and can throw it better to WR's.

This of course assumes we don't turn it over, nor incur too many major penalties. This happened today but we were still in the game.

The 49ers D is tested for sure, but feel our offense can get ahead and 'force' them to pass come 2nd half. Lamar Jackson is an 'ok' passer but not as accurate as JG.

I believe SF could win a game on neutral field as well. I thought they played good enough given the circumstances, and in all honesty, they played better than I expected. It bodes well for the future if both teams meet up again later this year.

As far as Jackson is concerned...he really isn't a great QB. They've got their thing going with the run action, but his passing is simple - between the numbers to the TE's. He'll get the media love though.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Needed Kittle and or Juice to receive yds and maybe put Bosa at Outside standup and put Blair or Taylor down to set edge and pressure!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Needed Kittle and or Juice to receive yds and maybe put Bosa at Outside standup and put Blair or Taylor down to set edge and pressure!

Its tough to just pressure because of Jackson's running ability. So i think what the 49ers did today was ok, play the run and TRY to keep him contained. Didn't think Lamar Jackson's passing was accurate at all, better than last year but still not accurate. We had to pick our poison and ok in stopping the run.

Its too bad for the fumble which gave them a short field, every turnover is critical against a good team. We had too many 'major' penalties too.

Lamar Jackson places a lot of pressure on the outside LB's and Corners. They have to fend off some big blockers before getting to Jackson.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I believe SF could win a game on neutral field as well. I thought they played good enough given the circumstances, and in all honesty, they played better than I expected. It bodes well for the future if both teams meet up again later this year.

As far as Jackson is concerned...he really isn't a great QB. They've got their thing going with the run action, but his passing is simple - between the numbers to the TE's. He'll get the media love though.

haaa, i just posted the same before reading this. Yes, i thought his passes weren't accurate enough, even his completions weren't accurate. He has big TE's but even they were at the limits of their catch radius. Granted the ball was wet, but JG's was more accurate under the same conditions.

Anyway, no tears and don't mean to take away their win, they were the better team today. But if we have the chance to play them again, we can beat them for sure. Our offense was able to run and pass against their defense.

The Ravens have no choice but to run Jackson, but the downside is potential injury.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have an issue with Shannahan today, and yes the better team won.

Just felt if the field was just dry, we would've won. Anyway, we just have to move on and get back to winning. We can't go into the Seattle game two games down.
Agreed. They can't dwell on this. They gave outstanding effort and nearly took this one. Shanahan, on the other hand. should not forget. His abject failure on the 4th down play and inability to find a way to even get anything out of Kittle were inexcusable.
The difference in the teams today was the coaching.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good coaching staff would have figured out a way to scheme Kittle open and get the ball to him. To have your most dynamic offensive weapon reduced to a blocker and spectator in the passing game is inexcusable.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they've got a shot at New Orleans because Brees is a stationary QB. A great one, but still stationary and they might be able to get him to throw a couple of bad balls because of the height of our D Linemen.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I didn’t mind the decision at all not running, but I wished I called a better pass play,” Shanahan said. “

I agree 100%. No problem with passing it but one yard over the middle? A pass at barely shoulder height? You gotta get that ball out in the flat or to the sideline where it can't be batted down. Just a ridiculous call.