• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Ravens

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is also throwing almost exclusively to his TE's, none of which are dynamic.

A. The Ravens TE unit led the league in yards per catch coming into the game Sunday. Not sure where you are coming up with them not being dynamic (especially Andrews).

B. The Rams focus the week before was eliminating our TE's and Lamar had 2 TDs to Hollywood Brown in the first two drives.

C. I was very impressed by the effort of the 49ers. They are definitely as good as advertised.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things I saw that I liked in this game were that there were no dropped passes after Samuel dropped the first throw of the game and they were able to get their running game going again for the first time in a long time.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. The Ravens TE unit led the league in yards per catch coming into the game Sunday. Not sure where you are coming up with them not being dynamic (especially Andrews).

B. The Rams focus the week before was eliminating our TE's and Lamar had 2 TDs to Hollywood Brown in the first two drives.

C. I was very impressed by the effort of the 49ers. They are definitely as good as advertised.
I was too. Their coaching staff let them down in the 4th quarter. Watching Jackson play is fun and I wish him well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

A. Likely because Lamar has to throw a lot to TE's? Likely because the Ravens use multiple TE's, so odds favor they get the most looks? Anyway, what i meant was they're not going to beat you deep or are big RAC guys. Whereas for example, Kittle is dynamic and can do both. Our D can almost play your TE's for short passes, and Lamar Jackson doesn't even throw short passes that accurately?

B. I prefer passes go to your TE's cause they won't be downfield nor will get a lot of RAC's. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying they don't have talent, i'm saying its a good thing the Ravens are TE centric. Else that offense would be unstoppable.

C. The Ravens were just as tough, physical, and earned the win, no tears. But don't see why we couldn't win in a re-match? The Ravens have to be a running team, whereas the 49ers can run or pass. The Ravens D is stronger up the middle, but can be had on the perimeter. We couldn't find out about the Ravens secondary, the field conditions didn't allow for much passing downfield.

The Ravens running game IS as good as advertised, adding the ability of Jackson. But its a matter of time for Jackson to get hurt?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Couple of things I saw that I liked in this game were that there were no dropped passes after Samuel dropped the first throw of the game and they were able to get their running game going again for the first time in a long time.

Yes, i was so glad to see that and frankly, surprised it worked that well. Mostert did a great job.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Likely because Lamar has to throw a lot to TE's? Likely because the Ravens use multiple TE's, so odds favor they get the most looks? Anyway, what i meant was they're not going to beat you deep or are big RAC guys. Whereas for example, Kittle is dynamic and can do both. Our D can almost play your TE's for short passes, and Lamar Jackson doesn't even throw short passes that accurately?

I think we just have a different definition of "dynamic". Andrews has 1 less reception than Kittle, but has 6 more yards.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaaaa???!!!!!
The 4th down play that ended the 49er drive was inexcusable. Shanahan panicked. You can't tell me that that play is their go-to 4th and one play with the game on the line. You cannot call a two yard pass up the middle when everyone is stacked up there. Good lord, you get the ball outside or even run; they were averaging over 6 yards per carry for pete's sake.
Additionally, wasting all three timeouts because you can't get a play called in time is absurd and it cost the team because they could not call any timeouts in order to give them some time after the Ravens drive bogged down. That simply cannot happen. I haven't seen that anywhere since the Singletary days.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 4th down play that ended the 49er drive was inexcusable. Shanahan panicked. You can't tell me that that play is their go-to 4th and one play with the game on the line. You cannot call a two yard pass up the middle when everyone is stacked up there. Good lord, you get the ball outside or even run; they were averaging over 6 yards per carry for pete's sake.
Additionally, wasting all three timeouts because you can't get a play called in time is absurd and it cost the team because they could not call any timeouts in order to give them some time after the Ravens drive bogged down. That simply cannot happen. I haven't seen that anywhere since the Singletary days.

No, Money posted this:

I was very impressed by the effort of the 49ers.

and your reply is "I was too". That is so un-Dark Cloud like, downright shocking you posted something positive.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Money posted this:

I was very impressed by the effort of the 49ers.

and your reply is "I was too". That is so un-Dark Cloud like, downright shocking you posted something positive.
When they play well or smart they get praise (See the Green Bay - 49ers thread).

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lessons learned.

Be ready if you meet again in the postseason...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
8. Daniel Brunskill - 71.6 overall grade

Brunskill made his first-career start at left tackle in place of Joe Staley (finger) and earned an 85.6 pass blocking grade. The third-year tackle allowed just one quarterback hurry on the day.

IF he keeps this up, HUGE going forward. 71.6 isn't 'earth shattering', but i'll take it for an undrafted player.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when did you ever praise, besides Seattle?. :-)
Time after time. I've started almost every thread on the Niner board and have given much praise to the Niners and Shanahan. But it does no good to fool yourself just because you want the team to win. I'm about accuracy, not being a fanatic

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Time after time. I've started almost every thread on the Niner board and have given much praise to the Niners and Shanahan. But it does no good to fool yourself just because you want the team to win. I'm about accuracy, not being a fanatic

haaaaa, ok Dark Cloud