• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Ravens

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think in base defense, you line up to stop the run. Whether that is 7 or 8 guys in the box, you commit to stopping the run similar to Seattle and Arizona against us. Reason is 'the run" includes Lamar Jackson, so you move the safeties up. Another difference is to 'stay in your gaps' as opposed to collapsing on the ball too early. You just have to trust your teammates to fill their own gaps, as Jackson runs the read option.

This puts your CB's one on one, but that's the way it is, you pick your poison. You won't stop the Ravens from getting their yards, but you want to slow them and hopefully force field goals.

On our side, don't turn it over and limit the major penalties (unnecessary roughness/unsportsmen like conduct, holding, and PI).

If the weather gets bad it encourages the run game, in this case we'll see more runs by Jackson.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hmm:

....son, how would you like to be a defensive coordinator for an NFL team? I think you have the chops to be an all-time great coach.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:hmm:

....son, how would you like to be a defensive coordinator for an NFL team? I think you have the chops to be an all-time great coach.

i had to laugh at the "....son" part, i'm so old i watched John Brodie play. haaaaa

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The forecast in Baltimore is for rain and that's not good. Rain favors the better running team and Lamar Jackson adds to their run game.

A 'sloppy' field negatively affects quicker players such as Breida and Bosa. Ugh!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The forecast in Baltimore is for rain and that's not good. Rain favors the better running team and Lamar Jackson adds to their run game.

A 'sloppy' field negatively affects quicker players such as Breida and Bosa. Ugh!
I think I would classify Lamar Jackson as a Quick player.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think I would classify Lamar Jackson as a Quick player.

If so, then good.

I earlier read an article saying he's stronger than people realize, and breaks tackles. Anyway, no excuses (injuries, east coast, travel, etc.), we just play and see who wins?

IF the Ravens are better on Sunday, then fine if we lose. Just don't want to see us turning it over and incurring major penalties. Then it'll feel like we gave it away.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thought was that this game could get ugly quick against SF. I don't think Baltimore is some supernova talent-laden team, but they sure as hell are playing like one. Given that it's an east coast/early start only hurts their chances. I've counted it as a loss....just don't lose any more players to big injuries.

If SF has a chance to win, they gotta ring up Jackson a couple of times...and if it means a 15 yarder here or there, so be it. Make them pass it, and see if Jackson can withstand the pressure.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens - 23
49ers - 17

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ravens - 23
49ers - 17

The forecast is rain so i'd think both teams will run and throw short? In the case of RAIN the score will be lower, a battle of field goals.

49ers 15
Ravens 12

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The forecast is rain so i'd think both teams will run and throw short? In the case of RAIN the score will be lower, a battle of field goals.

49ers 15
Ravens 12
Could be but I like the Ravens' ability to run the ball effectively more than the 49ers; especially down by the goal.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Could be but I like the Ravens' ability to run the ball effectively more than the 49ers; especially down by the goal.

No argument there, the Ravens run game is better by adding Lamar Jackson. The downside of running your QB is injury, the more you run him the more chance of injury. Even a 'small' injury such as finger or hand, takes your QB out of the game.

We'll see if JG's short passing game is effective and if we can get enough RAC's? The receivers need to secure the ball as opposed to fighting too hard for an extra yard. Soon as they're 'wrapped up', get down.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument there, the Ravens run game is better by adding Lamar Jackson. The downside of running your QB is injury, the more you run him the more chance of injury. Even a 'small' injury such as finger or hand, takes your QB out of the game.

We'll see if JG's short passing game is effective and if we can get enough RAC's? The receivers need to secure the ball as opposed to fighting too hard for an extra yard. Soon as they're 'wrapped up', get down.
Let's worry about "C" before we worry about "RAC". Gotta catch it first.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not going into this game "already considering it a lost", but if we had to lose one more game, this would have the least impact. Baltimore is the only AFC team left and doesn't affect NFC tie breakers.

As it stands now Seattle is still the key game, cause the first goal is win the West. Seattle plays a good Viking team so no guarantee they win this week.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going into this game "already considering it a lost", but if we had to lose one more game, this would have the least impact. Baltimore is the only AFC team left and doesn't affect NFC tie breakers.

As it stands now Seattle is still the key game, cause the first goal is win the West. Seattle plays a good Viking team so no guarantee they win this week.
At home

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is going to be an interesting game.

No doubt, unless it rains really hard including prior to the game.

A rainy, sloppy field will then reduce it to a boring 'run fest', and maybe even field goals are no sure things? A 'run fest' will for sure favor the Ravens with their running QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No guarantee that the sun will come up tomorrow but I bet it does.

You're the one who's sure Seattle will win.

I didn't claim anything but did post Seattle is playing a good team.