• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Rams

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a football fan for 28 years I'm at a point that I might be done with football. I will sleep on it and most likely not care as much because its not about the better team that day anymore. its about the NFL and refs screwing everything up. Safety was clear, Crabtree TD was clear and Kap TD was clear(yes he fumbled the snap took position and went over the goal line and fumbled again. Its a TD right when he clears the goal line. This was a joke.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't argue that at all. I do believe, though, that he is NOT a franchise QB, and the search must be on.

Kaep may or may not be a franchise QB, but regardless I'm sure Baalke is always searching. It's just gonna tough to find a better QB because there's no trading for Aaron Rodgers or other elite QB's and it's tough to find one in the draft or in free agency.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman needs to go and NFL needs to suspend refs and replay refs. This is getting bad

If Jerome Boger would've been fired after the Niners-Ravens Super Bowl, I would not have complained.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only see Hoyer, Sanchize, & Locker as possibilities. Hoyer might be better but the other 2 definitely are not. Maybe you can trade for Johnny football if Cle signs Hoyer to a long extension.

But seriously, unless SF drafts a QB, for better or worst, you are stuck with Kap through 2015.
They should trade for Colt McCoy.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

I do not believe in trading for a QB. With very few exceptions, franchise QBs are only available in the draft. And if you aren't getting a franchise QB, don't waste your time.

Honestly, I think this team would better with Smith at the helm. There is more talent on the offense now than when he used to be here. I think Hoyer could do the same things. He can stand in the pocket & make the reads & all the throws.

You could get rid of all the trick lineups & plays, go back to smashmouth football with a QB that can make the reads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only see Hoyer, Sanchize, & Locker as possibilities. Hoyer might be better but the other 2 definitely are not. Maybe you can trade for Johnny football if Cle signs Hoyer to a long extension.

But seriously, unless SF drafts a QB, for better or worst, you are stuck with Kap through 2015.

Pass on Hoyer and Manziel. Only chance to find another QB is in the draft and who knows what you will get there.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think this team would better with SMith at the helm. There is more talent on the offense now than when he used to be here. I think Hoyer could do the same things. He can stand in the pocket & make the reads & all the throws.

You could rid of all the trick lineups & plays, go back to smashmouth football with a QB that can make the reads.

We made the right choice not to keep Smith. Maybe there is more talent at skill positions now, but the offensive line seems to be absent right now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just canceled Redzone and won't by any NFL merchandise again until they get refs that know what they are doing. The whole point of replay is to get the play right. How the hell do you screw up 3 plays in 1 game and all scoring plays. this is isn't holding or a penalty where u can't review. These are plays being looked at by the whole world and 95% of the world can see the play. Its so bad.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think this team would better with SMith at the helm. There is more talent on the offense now than when he used to be here. I think Hoyer could do the same things. He can stand in the pocket & make the reads & all the throws.

You could get rid of all the trick lineups & plays, go back to smashmouth football with a QB that can make the reads.

To be fair, it is hard to "stay in the pocket" if there is no pocket.

The OL has been a sieve this year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone please explain how the crabs catch wasnt ruled a TD, the ball clearly passed over the goal line??? forget the fumble, that was a td catch by crabtree.

I'm not a rules expert. The only thing I can think of is that if you come out of the end zone by yourself, it's not a TD???

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just canceled Redzone and won't by any NFL merchandise again until they get refs that know what they are doing. The whole point of replay is to get the play right. How the hell do you screw up 3 plays in 1 game and all scoring plays. this is isn't holding or a penalty where u can't review. These are plays being looked at by the whole world and 95% of the world can see the play. Its so bad.

I agree on the non-fumble by Gore & the non-safety, but not on that last play. He clearly buttfumbled it & there really was no way to tell if he had regained full possession before he crossed the goal.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a rules expert. The only thing I can think of is that if you come out of the end zone by yourself, it's not a TD???

Nah. Once it touches that line doesn't matter what happens. I didn't think it was a TD at first but I'd have to look at it again.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Once it touches that line doesn't matter what happens. I didn't think it was a TD at first but I'd have to look at it again.

He was inside the endzone when he caught it, and it was ruled a catch. I'm not sure why it wasn't ruled a TD then.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the non-fumble by Gore & the non-safety, but not on that last play. He clearly buttfumbled it & there really was no way to tell if he had regained full possession before he crossed the goal.

1st off crabtree was a TD and 2nd, map fumbled the snap got control of the ball(that was clear) then gained control and went over the goal line and then fumbled again after scoring. Its a TD. safety was clear that it was a safety.

NFL is just bad and shows that they are fixed. Gore fumble was called dead. It wasn't a replay. These plays are replays. No reason to get 3 calls wrong.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The replay showed that he clearly had the ball as he was going down into the endzone.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Harbaugh is coaching the 49ers next season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was inside the endzone when he caught it, and it was ruled a catch. I'm not sure why it wasn't ruled a TD then.

the worst part was they didn't even put the ball at the goal line. They put it at the 1 to 1 1/2 yard line. If anything it should of been at the 1 inch or 2inch mark. It doesn't matter it was 100% TD. Knees where in the end zone and the ball crossed the line.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it is hard to "stay in the pocket" if there is no pocket.

The OL has been a sieve this year.

Part of that is the offense formations & plays you are running with Kap. Too much BS formations & trick/misdirection plays. If you a good pocket QB who could make the right reads pre-snap & who didn't need tailored formations & plays to take advantage of athleticism, you might have better line play.

But this is all just guess work. I just don't understand the offensive game plans, formations, & playcalling the Niners use.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The replay showed that he clearly had the ball as he was going down into the endzone.
There have been many poor calls by NFL officials all season. Goodell needs to take action.