• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Rams

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspending or fining refs is an interesting idea. I wonder how that would effect the game. Either way, the refs aren't the reason the niners lost. The online is the reason the niners lost.

main reason. 2nd reason is Roman and the Oline

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am still confused on the final play.

How is that the refs saw in that pile of bodies that Kaep fumbled before he crossed the line. In the replays it wasn't clear when he fumbled it. By ruling it a fumble they basically gave the game away knowing replay wouldn't show disputable evidence to overturn.

Yes the replay shows the ball comes out but it wasn't clear at what point or that he didn't cross the line first. It should have been called a TD and then gone to review with no real evidence to overturn it.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still confused on the final play.

How is that the refs saw in that pile of bodies that Kaep fumbled before he crossed the line. In the replays it wasn't clear when he fumbled it. By ruling it a fumble they basically gave the game away knowing replay wouldn't show disputable evidence to overturn.

Yes the replay shows the ball comes out but it wasn't clear at what point or that he didn't cross the line first. It should have been called a TD and then gone to review with no real evidence to overturn it.

It was very clear he fumbled. What wasn't clear was that he regained possession and fumbled again. I think the refs made the right call based on what was visible. You are correct in that whatever.was called on the field was not getting overturned.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure Rams fans have plenty to bitch about when it comes to the refs.

Just wish they let the teams play the game and not call fouls on so many damn plays. It's ruining the game.

No reason this team ought to have lost to the Rams.

I put it on The O-line and Kaep for not executing

I put it on the coaching staff for stubbornly g in calling pass plays that took far to long to develop. Not the way the O-line was performing. Needed to call plays that burn their blitzes.

A real stinker.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was very clear he fumbled. What wasn't clear was that he regained possession and fumbled again. I think the refs made the right call based on what was visible. You are correct in that whatever.was called on the field was not getting overturned.

lol it was clear that he regain possision. he fumbled again after having the ball over the goal line, plus who cares crabtree catch was a TD. it was all bullcrap and the fix was already in.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Exactly, as long as he crosses the goal-line it does not matter. It's like a QB going up over the pile extending the ball across the goal-line and having it swatted away. That would be a TD not a fumble, same thing here, refs should have focused on the goal-line, not the fumble. As soon as he crosses the plane, TD, nothing else matters.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol it was clear that he regain possision. he fumbled again after having the ball over the goal line, plus who cares crabtree catch was a TD. it was all bullcrap and the fix was already in.

This poor guy. The fix. You crack me up.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers have gone away from what they do best

Look this was a tough loss no doubt but after the initial reaction you can't just sit around complaining about what happened. Since Coach Harbaugh took over as coach the 49ers bread and butter was a power running game. This is a punch you in the mouth, sloberknocker, kick ass team. The blitz has really been a killer on Kap and that O Line. The 49ers have to defuse the blitz's by kick N some ass on that O Line and shoving that running game down the opponents throat. The 49ers have to attack rather than be back on their heels and reacting to the defense.

I watched Staley after the game and he looks real frustrated . I know Joe wants to shove that running game down the other teams throat. Frank Gore our warrior wants the rock period. Give Frank the freaking ball and use Hyde to beat up on the defense to defuse that all out blitz that is coming on Kap who has been running for his life and needs more time to throw.

Also the 49ers have to throw more deep passes and slants on first down to keep blitzing linebackers and safeties from clogging running gaps. You have to keep the opposing defense honest. The 49ers must have the most predictable offensive game plan in the league. If you don't adjust games like today happen and it can really break a team down mentally to repeat past failures over and over again.

I know Coach Harbaugh is frustrated also and it must be tough to have to stand up and have the press rip everything you do when you lose a tough ballgame. There is so much that goes into prepping for ballgames and also injuries force you to do things that you might not want to do. I don't think Vernon Davis is healthy and Vernon was huge in the past for the 49ers on offense.

I do know one thing and that is the 49ers O line likes to take it to the other team pounding the rock with Gore so give Frank the rock and let him Rock N Roll it into the end zone and the 49ers will be back.

It's time to kick some ass.

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when u miss 3 clear review ays. yes fix is in. happen in the nba and its hsppening here. truth is in the pudding.

Relax, man. There is no fix. Jerome Boger is just incompetent. He didn't even know the rule of offsetting penalties on that punt play where both teams committed a penalty. He was wrong in his first announcement regarding the play. Somebody probably told him something like "Hey, Jerome, it's offsetting penalties. No choice but to re-play the down," and then he corrected himself with the second announcement.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on to the next game. like i said lets hope we make a run or go like 6-10 and get a good pick. no 8-8 crap

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on to the next game. like i said lets hope we make a run or go like 6-10 and get a good pick. no 8-8 crap

How is it possible to make a run if the fix against the niners is already in? Just curious.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, from a quick cursory look, I thought Crabs did not score a TD and Kaep did.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first photo you can't tell if the ball was across the goal line. Anyone who says you can is simple biased.

If I remember correctly, Crabtree did not make a clean catch. The ball was moving and he didn't complete the process of the catch until the ball was outside the end zone. The second photo doesn't show that.

Although close, they both look like good calls to me.

For all the folks complaining about the officials, there was a clear fumble by Gore that would have gone for a Ram TD if the correct call was made. To me, that was the most obvious blown call of the game.

The calls go both ways. The niners lost because they didn't play well, not because of officiating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first photo you can't tell if the ball was across the goal line. Anyone who says you can is simple biased.

If I remember correctly, Crabtree did not make a clean catch. The ball was moving and he didn't complete the process of the catch until the ball was outside the end zone. The second photo doesn't show that.

Although close, they both look like good calls to me.

For all the folks complaining about the officials, there was a clear fumble by Gore that would have gone for a Ram TD if the correct call was made. To me, that was the most obvious blown call of the game.

The calls go both ways. The niners lost because they didn't play well, not because of officiating.

I am cool with this. The way offense played today, the team deserved to lose period. I place most of the blame on the offensive line. Kaepernick had a few bad throws but overall the passing game would have been fine had oline blocked well and picked up blitzes.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. If the Rams lost, they would have this gripe about.

Really, it was a pretty balanced game; both offenses sucked, both defenses were pretty good, and about the same officiating mishaps. Neither team playing playoff quality football.

That uphill climb to the playoffs just got steeper.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home and watched the highlights and have to say the Crabtree catch looked like an easy TD call. I'm not sure how they determined that catch was made out of the endzone and if it was the ball should have placed in inch off the goal line.

The Kaepernick QB sneak is one that I don't understand how an official can make that fumble call. The only view they gave in the highlight was a straight ahead shot at Kaepernick and the ball does not come out until he is nearly on the ground. How could any official during the live play tell if any part of his lower body was down at that point? And for that matter how does the official that made the fumble call not see the face mask he should have called?

Seems like on a play like that you'd either rule he crossed the line or came up short then go to replay to check on the fumble and ball spot. That official had no way of knowing if it was down by contact or not during the play. He just made a call using his best guess and screwed us over.