• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Rams Pre Game Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-2 I will take it. We need this win to go 4-2 and get a division win. This game should not give us problems but Rams always plays us tight. This is a big game leading the following week against Denver.

We are a few weeks away from getting A. Smith and Bowman back. VD should be back this week and we might lose AD for another week.

watch out when we are healthy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
3-2 I will take it. We need this win to go 4-2 and get a division win. This game should not give us problems but Rams always plays us tight. This is a big game leading the following week against Denver.

We are a few weeks away from getting A. Smith and Bowman back. VD should be back this week and we might lose AD for another week.

watch out when we are healthy.

A Smith meaning Aldon Smith?

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol was that a necessary question?

...anyways the niners better not sleep on this one. Has all the makings of a trap game if they look ahead to Denver.

This is a game the team HAS to win. They're already 0-1 in the division and need to get all the wins they can right now before getting reinforcements back. The schedule is not easy the rest of the way and certainly going to Denver on a short week is an almost impossible task.

Best way to attack the rams is to run the ball. We'll need to do that because I don't trust our OL vs their pass rush. If we do throw the ball it needs to be similar to what we did vs the Cards. Quick passes and don't have Colin take long drop backs and have long developing routes down the field. Take a few shots off playaction on favorable downs but otherwise keep it short and keep the chains moving.

Defense...I don't care who the QB is but they have got to get to the QB.

Should be a game we win but can't afford to get sloppy with penalties or turnovers.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't Aldon Smith suspended for 9 games? IF so, that isn't a few games away.

Depends on your definition of few lol. To me few is more than a couple. We're heading into week 6. I'd say that's qualifies as a few games. Shame the bye week doesn't count :(

I'm still hopeful they cut a few games off for good behavior tho I'm not holding my breath, especially with Ray Mac's situation.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Depends on your definition of few lol. To me few is more than a couple. We're heading into week 6. I'd say that's qualifies as a few games. Shame the bye week doesn't count :(

I'm still hopeful they cut a few games off for good behavior tho I'm not holding my breath, especially with Ray Mac's situation.

if it is 9 games, he won't return till the 10th. so your definition of a 'few' is five??

a 'couple' is five?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are hard to figure out. Very inconsistent so far, but they have looked good at times, and of course, Jeff Fisher is an excellent coach. We're clearly the better team on paper, so let's get ahead early and make this a boring game.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol was that a necessary question?

...anyways the niners better not sleep on this one. Has all the makings of a trap game if they look ahead to Denver.

This is a game the team HAS to win. They're already 0-1 in the division and need to get all the wins they can right now before getting reinforcements back. The schedule is not easy the rest of the way and certainly going to Denver on a short week is an almost impossible task.

Best way to attack the rams is to run the ball. We'll need to do that because I don't trust our OL vs their pass rush. If we do throw the ball it needs to be similar to what we did vs the Cards. Quick passes and don't have Colin take long drop backs and have long developing routes down the field. Take a few shots off playaction on favorable downs but otherwise keep it short and keep the chains moving.

Defense...I don't care who the QB is but they have got to get to the QB.

Should be a game we win but can't afford to get sloppy with penalties or turnovers.
To the bolded...why would they? The 9ers aren't blowing teams away this season. I doubt they are looking further than the next game.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it is 9 games, he won't return till the 10th. so your definition of a 'few' is five??

a 'couple' is five?
Whan my boss says 'several' I know he just means a few or less. Not sure how to tell him he should look up the definition. Anyway Aldon won't be back until after the Saints game. I'm not sure about Bowman but I doubt they will throw them in right when they are allowed to come back as starters.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the bolded...why would they? The 9ers aren't blowing teams away this season. I doubt they are looking further than the next game.

It's probably just human nature for the players to look ahead to the marquee matchup against Denver, and certainly, the coaching staff is already making preparations for the Denver game. Let's just hope the coaching staff does a great job of keeping the players focused on the Rams game.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was going to say this. I'm not sure anyone will pass this game up or anything like that. Yes, if the Niners lose the storyline will be "TRAP GAME! NINERS DIDN'T TAKE THE RAMS SERIOUSLY!" but the way we've been playing (and winning) this year it's not like we are way out in front and stomping people. This is just as big a game as the Broncos game imo, so I think they come out ready to go.

That doesn't mean they will win. I think this game will be similar to the Chiefs game and it will be a hard fought win if we get it. The Rams seem to be decent with coming back after being down so I'd say run run run for us once again. Hopefully we can control the ToP once again and play well for the entire game. I'd love to see a complete game dominant performance, but I'm not sure we are ready for that yet. No mistakes and low penalties would be a great combo to watch though.

I hope we kill them since it's the Rams but who really knows. We are pretty unpredictable.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put pressure on the QB and stop Quick and we should be ok.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or does Crabs look like he is not a viable option currently? Injuries still? I'm hoping VD will be back soon.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Word on the street is V.Davis will likely play this week. Crab declared himself healthy, but pretty sure he would do everything in his power to say he's healthy in a contract year.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or does Crabs look like he is not a viable option currently? Injuries still? I'm hoping VD will be back soon.

Don't much like Crab's body language this year. Contract year, but he's auditioning for the Cowboys in my opinion. Maybe he'll end up elsewhere, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet against him signing with us next year.