• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers @ Seahawks - thoughts?

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not Kap's biggest fan, but if he's back then he needs to be put in an offense that fits him. At this point in time, he doesn't make good decisions and he's obviously lost confidence in the offense and himself.

Once Roman is fired and maybe Harbaugh gone they need a guy with a QB friendly and simplified passing game. I don't mean taking plays out either. Kap has too much on his plate at the moment where he has at best 5 seconds to make the Kill call or not and then hike the ball.

He needs something like Norv Turners offense where there's a quick play call and then have the more usual 15 or so seconds to look over the defense. Norv Turners base offense tells the QB that if the defense lines up this way, the safety is over here, then throw the ball to this guy. The way our offense is now Kap has to rush things and then make reads as he drops. He's not that kind of guy right now and maybe never will be. Kap needs the uncertainty taken out and then just let his athletic talent take over. Norv Turners style of offense does that.

It's no coincidence that Alex Smiths best year before Harbaugh is when Norv Turner was our OC.

It's the read option, not gonna happen.

I know this wasn't horribly popular, but what about Sam Bradford. IMO, it's a foregone conclusion the Rams will cut him. He's due almost $17 million against their cap. NO team is taking on that monstrosity of a contract.

I say we take him on a 1 year contract load that sucker with incentives and see what happens. Yes, I know, his durability is for shit! But that's the beauty of it, he needs to play a certain amount of plays/games, whatever, if he doesn't, don't bring him back. Personally, I think it's low risk, high reward.

Again, just my :2cents:

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kap is getting benched this season or next. If he did it would be next season but it would be after a bunch if games. He hasn't lost enough to considering starting someone else (especially considering the actual options). Kap will be the guy for a while at least, I don't see that changing.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the read option, not gonna happen.

I know this wasn't horribly popular, but what about Sam Bradford. IMO, it's a foregone conclusion the Rams will cut him. He's due almost $17 million against their cap. NO team is taking on that monstrosity of a contract.

I say we take him on a 1 year contract load that sucker with incentives and see what happens. Yes, I know, his durability is for shit! But that's the beauty of it, he needs to play a certain amount of plays/games, whatever, if he doesn't, don't bring him back. Personally, I think it's low risk, high reward.

Again, just my :2cents:

:agree: He ran the the pistol offense in college, but that pistol is out of bullets.

Seminole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let's see what Gabbert can do.

Anyone else?

No way he is horrible. I'd rather try Josh Johnson. Doesn't matter this season is done. I'm just wondering how much we can get from the Raiders for this douche Harbaugh.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kap is getting benched this season or next. If he did it would be next season but it would be after a bunch if games. He hasn't lost enough to considering starting someone else (especially considering the actual options). Kap will be the guy for a while at least, I don't see that changing.

The 49ers should have drafted Manziel.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I got seattle winning by 9. I hope we win just so we can some what knock out seattle. If we lose lose the rest so we get a somewhat good draft pick. Baalke needs to hit a home run with this 1st rd pick this year after screwing up with the ward pick. At least he made up for it with the Hyde, Borland, Lynch, Martin and Johnson pick.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I got seattle winning by 9. I hope we win just so we can some what knock out seattle. If we lose lose the rest so we get a somewhat good draft pick. Baalke needs to hit a home run with this 1st rd pick this year after screwing up with the ward pick. At least he made up for it with the Hyde, Borland, Lynch, Martin and Johnson pick.

It would have been nice to get a WR like Benjamin for the redzone offfense. I don't know if he would have made a difference given the struggles of the offense.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been nice to get a WR like Benjamin for the redzone offfense. I don't know if he would have made a difference given the struggles of the offense.

I doubt it. A lack of receivers isn't the problem this year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. A lack of receivers isn't the problem this year.

Yes it is. All 3 are the same type of receivers. We don't have that redzone type player or shifty player like a walker, Maclin or Cobb kind of player, we don't have one that stretches the field.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is. All 3 are the same type of receivers. We don't have that redzone type player or shifty player like a walker, Maclin or Cobb kind of player, we don't have one that stretches the field.

No it's not. Boldin and Crab are a bit the same, but Stevie Johnson isn't and neither is Lloyd. Stretching the field doesn't do anything when defenses are sitting in Cover 3 daring us to do that and waiting for it. We've seen several times Kap throw deep and get picked off. That's not a speed problem. That's trying to force something that isn't there.

Film doesn't lie. Swings and crosses have been open, but Kap doesn't throw or even look there because he wants the big play and short crosses require timing and accuracy and that's not something Kap is good at right now.

stilla9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers should of paid D. Jackson because he is a real game changer at the Wr. But that's water under the bridge now.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed in Kaeps interviews this week and even a Harb's qoute regarding Pete that those 2 have come to grips with the situation and they appear loose and relaxed.
Seattle prefers both of them screwed down tighter than a drum corp's marching snare. Playing loose should enable them to play better.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed in Kaeps interviews this week and even a Harb's qoute regarding Pete that those 2 have come to grips with the situation and they appear loose and relaxed.
Seattle prefers both of them screwed down tighter than a drum corp's marching snare. Playing loose should enable them to play better.

Jonathan Martin is starting at right tackle again. He sucks. Marcus Martin, our rookie center is questionable, and Joe Looney, who has barely played all season and isn't a center might be starting at center today. It doesn't matter how loose they are. I expect the oline to play like crap up there and it won't even be close.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P65, please note that I said they should play better.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it will matter really, but I do agree it looks like they have finally..."unclenched" lol. They seem looser and kinda like a we've got nothing to lose now. I don't think it will matter because Seattle is just the better team but it makes the interviews much easier to watch.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be nice to see Kaep take off every once in a while and use those legs. He's not an elite passer. Russell Wilson isn't either but has figured out long ago how he can be effective.

Hate seeing Kaep take off all day long against AZ, but sit in there like a statue against Seattle. Run, Kaep, run!!!