• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers @ Seahawks - thoughts?

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Run the f'ng ball and stay away from Sherman. Playing Gabbert behind that makeshift line would be a disaster.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I thought Kaepernick was your savior.

LOL

While the 49ers won't make the playoffs this year, I hope to watch the Cowboys implode and get destroyed by either GB or Seattle (or anyone else for that matter) in the playoffs. I don't think I'll be disappointed.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap will throw two more intereceptions and fumble once as the Seahwawks rout the Niners 31-6. Kap will once again challenge Sherman. I'm certainly glad that the Niners will have a new coach along with new coaching staff and I hope and pray that they get another QB. I don't want "dunce Kap" to be back next year.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we some how trade our 1st with Kap or Harbaugh for a top 5 pick, there is no way Kap won't be back next year. It's easier to replace a coach then it is a QB. Kap annoys the hell out of me with some of his stupid decisions, but that's just reality. There is no one realistically available to us that would be better than Kap without drafting for Mariota. No I don't like Winston at all.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we some how trade our 1st with Kap or Harbaugh for a top 5 pick, there is no way Kap won't be back next year. It's easier to replace a coach then it is a QB. Kap annoys the hell out of me with some of his stupid decisions, but that's just reality. There is no one realistically available to us that would be better than Kap without drafting for Mariota. No I don't like Winston at all.

If Kap is back next year, Niners' offense will continue to struggle. I don't have another QB in mind, but Kap is not the answer the the Niners' offensive woes.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kap is back next year, Niners' offense will continue to struggle. I don't have another QB in mind, but Kap is not the answer the the Niners' offensive woes.

I'm not Kap's biggest fan, but if he's back then he needs to be put in an offense that fits him. At this point in time, he doesn't make good decisions and he's obviously lost confidence in the offense and himself.

Once Roman is fired and maybe Harbaugh gone they need a guy with a QB friendly and simplified passing game. I don't mean taking plays out either. Kap has too much on his plate at the moment where he has at best 5 seconds to make the Kill call or not and then hike the ball.

He needs something like Norv Turners offense where there's a quick play call and then have the more usual 15 or so seconds to look over the defense. Norv Turners base offense tells the QB that if the defense lines up this way, the safety is over here, then throw the ball to this guy. The way our offense is now Kap has to rush things and then make reads as he drops. He's not that kind of guy right now and maybe never will be. Kap needs the uncertainty taken out and then just let his athletic talent take over. Norv Turners style of offense does that.

It's no coincidence that Alex Smiths best year before Harbaugh is when Norv Turner was our OC.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not Kap's biggest fan, but if he's back then he needs to be put in an offense that fits him. At this point in time, he doesn't make good decisions and he's obviously lost confidence in the offense and himself.

Once Roman is fired and maybe Harbaugh gone they need a guy with a QB friendly and simplified passing game. I don't mean taking plays out either. Kap has too much on his plate at the moment where he has at best 5 seconds to make the Kill call or not and then hike the ball.

He needs something like Norv Turners offense where there's a quick play call and then have the more usual 15 or so seconds to look over the defense. Norv Turners base offense tells the QB that if the defense lines up this way, the safety is over here, then throw the ball to this guy. The way our offense is now Kap has to rush things and then make reads as he drops. He's not that kind of guy right now and maybe never will be. Kap needs the uncertainty taken out and then just let his athletic talent take over. Norv Turners style of offense does that.

It's no coincidence that Alex Smiths best year before Harbaugh is when Norv Turner was our OC.

yep, we STILL have play clock issues??!!

it has to be more than just getting the play to Kaep, part of it has to be Kaep himself. He likely needs more time than most to read the D?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Reading these types of statement makes me wonder how much the FO, Coaching staff, and scouting staff made a mistake in selecting Kaep. I mean think about it... The system was already in place before they drafted him meaning that they saw something in him that convinced them that he could function within the system... Now we are reading and hearing statements that basically states he needs a system that fits his abilities... Makes you wonder ....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it has to be more than just getting the play to Kaep, part of it has to be Kaep himself. He likely needs more time than most to read the D?

There were clock mgmt issues when alex Smith was here
I believe the coaches are contributing to it

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There were clock mgmt issues when alex Smith was here
I believe the coaches are contributing to it

yes, it isn't just ONE person, if we still have this issue, it is more than one. So I said it has to include Kaep too, not it is Kaep.

Alex Smith seemed to have the same issues as Kaep, regarding his read of defenses pre-snap.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:suds:

To a good game where no one get's seriously injured

definitely agree.

think it'll be a close game, 'close' meaning SF will cover the line. whoa, just saw Seattle is giving 10. Ok change 'close' to mean a field goal difference. yeah, crazy I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The main problem seems to be the system from what I see in games and have read in articles. Like people mentioned Alex Smith had time issues and I read Andrew Luck had some issues at Stanford as well.

Basically Roman needs the time to select two plays, relay to Harbaugh, who then relays to Kap. Kap then relays both plays to the team. We all know an NFL play can be a mouthful so you figure it takes 8 seconds from Roman to Harbaugh, 8 more secs to Kap, then 8 more to the team. Figure about 5 secs to line up and that leaves 10 secs for Kap to read the defense, pick one of the two plays, and then if we switch plays the team has to shift or at least wait for the line to make the new blocking calls. That leaves very little time for anything else.

Plus every team knows the 49ers call two plays and you are seeing more and more teams disguise what they have at first and then shift late to their real defensive call. Or they might show 9 in the box, to force Kap to switch to a pass call, but then drop 5 of those guys in the box to pass coverage as soon as the ball is snapped.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

To a good game where no one get's seriously injured

U guys got this. A win would be nice but some what pointless for the 49ers. Its all about draft position now. Don't get me wrong a win against seattle and possible knocking them out would be great

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U guys got this. A win would be nice but some what pointless for the 49ers. Its all about draft position now. Don't get me wrong a win against seattle and possible knocking them out would be great

It is the NFL though... WE can't take you guy's lightly .. At this point though I don't think 10 wins will get in ...

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the NFL though... WE can't take you guy's lightly .. At this point though I don't think 10 wins will get in ...

I don't think the Seahawks will the Niners lightly. I think 11 wins will get you guys in the playoffs. Wished we had a cerebral QB like Wilson, instead of the bicep kissing one. I can't remember the last time he kissed his bicep since he has had to eat a lot of humble pies lately! Game won't even be close 31-6 Seahawks.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say coming off such an embarrassing lost we are a very dangerous team even on the road against Seattle. If our team has any pride what so ever left in them Seattle is in for a war.

I just think at this point even beating Seattle and Arizona is not enough to make the playoffs. You just can't lose to a team like Oakland. How do you beat Saints in the Superdome and lose to Oakland in the same year? We have to be the most inconsistent team in the league. When we're on we are Super contender but when we're off apparently we're worst than the Raiders. It's like we go from worst to first to worst on a weekly basis right now.

Defensive leaders in the middle are out and the offense has no leadership. Gore is so far removed from the offense and Davis is banged up. Boldin is great but the one guy that should be leading is not doing it >_>; I honestly don't think Kaepernick has the respect of his teammates. At least not in the way a good QB needs to.

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Seahawks will the Niners lightly. I think 11 wins will get you guys in the playoffs. Wished we had a cerebral QB like Wilson, instead of the bicep kissing one. I can't remember the last time he kissed his bicep since he has had to eat a lot of humble pies lately! Game won't even be close 31-6 Seahawks.

lol bicep kissing one....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I say coming off such an embarrassing lost we are a very dangerous team even on the road against Seattle. If our team has any pride what so ever left in them Seattle is in for a war.

I just think at this point even beating Seattle and Arizona is not enough to make the playoffs. You just can't lose to a team like Oakland. How do you beat Saints in the Superdome and lose to Oakland in the same year? We have to be the most inconsistent team in the league. When we're on we are Super contender but when we're off apparently we're worst than the Raiders. It's like we go from worst to first to worst on a weekly basis right now.

Defensive leaders in the middle are out and the offense has no leadership. Gore is so far removed from the offense and Davis is banged up. Boldin is great but the one guy that should be leading is not doing it >_>; I honestly don't think Kaepernick has the respect of his teammates. At least not in the way a good QB needs to.

cause like everything else in life, respect must be earned. The way he's playing now................