• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers, Pats most interested in Nicks

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGahee never rebounded back to his old form. Trust me on that. It's just that he was so gifted that even with a little bit of a lost in his ability to do the things he did, he was still a very good back in the league. He once ran in the 4.3s at 220+ lbs. He never regained that agility/speed he once had while at Miami.

Gore's injury was not as devastating as Lattimore's. That's comparing apples to oranges in terms of which one was tougher to bounce back from. Not even close...! I think you're underestimating the seriousness of Lattimore's injury - just because modern medicine has helped save a lot of athletes careers with regard to those type of injuries, it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will heal the same way. Just look at RGIII the guy is a shell of himself. It's sad that they have him out there playing. Despite getting treatment from a surgeon considered to be the best in the world at his job, he is still favoring that leg and is no where close to getting back to the RGIII of 2012. Again, we have to be careful with regard to our investment in Lattimore. Adding Crowell would be a benefit, eventual replacement for Gore. We would then cut LMJ and Dixon and only roll with Gore, Hunter, Lattimore, and Crowell in 2014.

DL will be a little better next year with two key sophomores (Tank and Dial), but I agree that we do need another guy with talent just in case McDonald and Justin play starts to go downhill.

With regard to a KR/PR the two guys I want the most is Dri Archer and the De'Anthony Thomas. Of course if we draft Watkins, he would be able to take on that role as well with ease. Unlike our current receivers we have on our 2013 roster.

Really? It's not an immediate process but he is getting better every week and it's looking pretty likely he will be back to form by late in the season.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Montgomery is looking good lately. I'm also liking Pig Howard too. I look forward to him playing with a good QB.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGahee never rebounded back to his old form. Trust me on that. It's just that he was so gifted that even with a little bit of a lost in his ability to do the things he did, he was still a very good back in the league. He once ran in the 4.3s at 220+ lbs. He never regained that agility/speed he once had while at Miami.

Gore's injury was not as devastating as Lattimore's. That's comparing apples to oranges in terms of which one was tougher to bounce back from. Not even close...! I think you're underestimating the seriousness of Lattimore's injury - just because modern medicine has helped save a lot of athletes careers with regard to those type of injuries, it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will heal the same way. Just look at RGIII the guy is a shell of himself. It's sad that they have him out there playing. Despite getting treatment from a surgeon considered to be the best in the world at his job, he is still favoring that leg and is no where close to getting back to the RGIII of 2012. Again, we have to be careful with regard to our investment in Lattimore. Adding Crowell would be a benefit, eventual replacement for Gore. We would then cut LMJ and Dixon and only roll with Gore, Hunter, Lattimore, and Crowell in 2014.

DL will be a little better next year with two key sophomores (Tank and Dial), but I agree that we do need another guy with talent just in case McDonald and Justin play starts to go downhill.

With regard to a KR/PR the two guys I want the most is Dri Archer and the De'Anthony Thomas. Of course if we draft Watkins, he would be able to take on that role as well with ease. Unlike our current receivers we have on our 2013 roster.

griffon came back too early. peterson and now derrick rose came back looking stronger than ever. imo taking the full year off will help lattimore go through a full offseason to strengthen the muscles in his leg.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw Marcus recently at H&M. Man that dude is built like a tank. Rocked up. I'd definitely go low on the guy too.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know McGahee never got back to his old self (had to watch all those Miami games because of my cousin being a fan) but he did regain a good portion of what he lost and still had a successful career in the NFL. That was also a very long time ago when an ACL injury (or Achilles) was possibly a career threatening, things have progressed greatly since then.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Michael Crabtree likely back in mid-to-late November - NFL.com

This will likely make Baalke less inclined to pull the trigger on a trade.

Getting Crabs back in that time frame will give him enough games to get into game shape before the playoffs so I doubt they'll swing a deal for Nicks.

Gordon I would say is still in play since he would be locked up on a rookie contract for a few more years but I have serious doubts he's still on the trade market.