• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers, Pats most interested in Nicks

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As opposed to NOT signing with the 49ers if he gets traded here? Come on.

:scratch: When did I say he wouldn't want to sign with the niners? I just said if he got traded to NE he would probably wanna stick around...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's 12.8 in both years. So 25.6 million over 2 years.

2.9 + 4.9 + 17.8

You're counting it wrong. The 17.8 GUARANTEED already includes the 2.9 and 4.9 from year 1 and year 2.

It's the 10mil signing bonus plus the first two years. That's the guaranteed portion of the contract.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don't trade for Nicks. After Manningham and Jacobs, Hicks would make me feel like the 49ers are to the Giants what the Chiefs and Seahawks are to the 49ers. Not a good place to be.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You're counting it wrong. The 17.8 GUARANTEED already includes the 2.9 and 4.9 from year 1 and year 2.

It's the 10mil signing bonus plus the first two years. That's the guaranteed portion of the contract.

Oh ok. 8.9 million per season for 2 seasons.

Hmmm... I could actually live with that. Cutting / trading Ahmad Brooks in lieu of Lemonier might almost make up for the difference by himself. And it would give the Niners a decent WR for 1 year in case Crabby bolts (they could also tag Crabby, which I see as unlikely; I think he'll just leave in FA).

It would give the Niners a couple of years to find a good WR in the draft. Maybe they can get a gem in the 3rd round or something. I'm hoping they go DB heavy in this upcoming draft.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no choice in who he gets traded to. He's gonna go to the team that offers up the most.

I think chances are no team will trade for him unless they agree on a long-term deal before they trade for him.

This. He has a heavy impact on a trade destination because it would hinge on his agreement to an extension.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok. 8.9 million per season for 2 seasons.

Hmmm... I could actually live with that. Cutting / trading Ahmad Brooks in lieu of Lemonier might almost make up for the difference by himself. And it would give the Niners a decent WR for 1 year in case Crabby bolts (they could also tag Crabby, which I see as unlikely; I think he'll just leave in FA).

It would give the Niners a couple of years to find a good WR in the draft. Maybe they can get a gem in the 3rd round or something. I'm hoping they go DB heavy in this upcoming draft.

unless aldon turns things we won't be able to cut brooks

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like a trade for Nicks that involves anything more than a 5th. We're not going to sign him to a large contract next year, and he's not entirely right this year. I might consider a 4th if we can determine that he's healthy, but I think that's too high for a one-year rental. The only reason I would even consider a 4th is because of just how desperate we are at WR, and I don't have tremendous faith in Manningham coming back strong.

The funny thing is that I don't expect Crabtree to come back as strong as Manningham just based on their injuries and their respective timetables alone. Manningham will probably be activated between Sunday and the week after the bye whereas some have Crabby coming back in mid November. However, I actually don't expect Crabtree to be nearly as explosive as last season.

Both are coming off devastating injuries, which is why I still feel the move for a receiver is imminent and imperative.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The funny thing is that I don't expect Crabtree to come back as strong as Manningham just based on their injuries and their respective timetables alone. Manningham will probably be activated between Sunday and the week after the bye whereas some have Crabby coming back in mid November. However, I actually don't expect Crabtree to be nearly as explosive as last season.

Both are coming off devastating injuries, which is why I still feel the move for a receiver is imminent and imperative.

We need to trade up for Sammy Watkins, that's what we need to do! We have him on our squad, we would be so explosive on offense. I would also try to target a RB, in particular Isaiah Crowell in the 6th round (or sign him as an UDFA) in replacement for both LaMichael and Dixon. I highly doubt that Marcus Lattimore will be the same back he once was prior to his devastating injury. Melvin Gordon and Lache Seastrunk would be out of our reach (they'll go higher than where we would like to address the future of the RB position). Anyway, Sammy Watkins would be the ideal pick. Followed by a corner, OLB/NT, NT/OLB, another WR, and backup QB, then Crowell.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think this team needs to make a move, either for a WR or a DE/NT for Depth and it would be nice to get a pass rusher. I think 49ers stay with who they have because they dont make trades. 2 years ago I mention they should get a WR and that if we dont we would lose because of our WR. I didnt trust Edwards. Well guess what we had no Depth at the WR position and we lost to the Giants in the NFC championship game and our WRs only had 1 catch in that game. I feel we dont get a Dlinemen this year same thing will happen. We will get another injury and we will lose in the playoffs do to the Dline giving up a big rushing game.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bingo where do you see Watkins being drafted? He's the only WR i would trade up for. I do like Mike Evans to.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to trade up for Sammy Watkins, that's what we need to do! We have him on our squad, we would be so explosive on offense. I would also try to target a RB, in particular Isaiah Crowell in the 6th round (or sign him as an UDFA) in replacement for both LaMichael and Dixon. I highly doubt that Marcus Lattimore will be the same back he once was prior to his devastating injury. Melvin Gordon and Lache Seastrunk would be out of our reach (they'll go higher than where we would like to address the future of the RB position). Anyway, Sammy Watkins would be the ideal pick. Followed by a corner, OLB/NT, NT/OLB, another WR, and backup QB, then Crowell.

I think Lattimore will be just fine especially when I look at guys like McGahee, Gore and Peterson. This day in age it is possible to come back from an injury like this. I don't want another RB, we're good where we are right now. We'll need to look at WR, CB, S, KR/PR, OL, DL already in the draft so I don't think the luxury of another RB that we don't have room for will be a good idea.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bingo where do you see Watkins being drafted? He's the only WR i would trade up for. I do like Mike Evans to.

Watkins is going in the top 10. But I Evans will also go in the top 15. He's a legit first round talent, but I don't think I'd trade up for him. I'd rather stay put and hope and pray that Lee drops to us in the late first.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Lattimore will be just fine especially when I look at guys like McGahee, Gore and Peterson. This day in age it is possible to come back from an injury like this. I don't want another RB, we're good where we are right now. We'll need to look at WR, CB, S, KR/PR, OL, DL already in the draft so I don't think the luxury of another RB that we don't have room for will be a good idea.

McGahee never rebounded back to his old form. Trust me on that. It's just that he was so gifted that even with a little bit of a lost in his ability to do the things he did, he was still a very good back in the league. He once ran in the 4.3s at 220+ lbs. He never regained that agility/speed he once had while at Miami.

Gore's injury was not as devastating as Lattimore's. That's comparing apples to oranges in terms of which one was tougher to bounce back from. Not even close...! I think you're underestimating the seriousness of Lattimore's injury - just because modern medicine has helped save a lot of athletes careers with regard to those type of injuries, it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will heal the same way. Just look at RGIII the guy is a shell of himself. It's sad that they have him out there playing. Despite getting treatment from a surgeon considered to be the best in the world at his job, he is still favoring that leg and is no where close to getting back to the RGIII of 2012. Again, we have to be careful with regard to our investment in Lattimore. Adding Crowell would be a benefit, eventual replacement for Gore. We would then cut LMJ and Dixon and only roll with Gore, Hunter, Lattimore, and Crowell in 2014.

DL will be a little better next year with two key sophomores (Tank and Dial), but I agree that we do need another guy with talent just in case McDonald and Justin play starts to go downhill.

With regard to a KR/PR the two guys I want the most is Dri Archer and the De'Anthony Thomas. Of course if we draft Watkins, he would be able to take on that role as well with ease. Unlike our current receivers we have on our 2013 roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Don't get me wrong; Evans is a good prospect. I just don't see him as all that special. I think he's just a bit below Ruben Randle as a prospect at this point.