• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers may be for sale

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What are the chances this takes place? It looks like Denise Debaratalo is not liking how embarrassing the team is looking lately

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, until it is official announced i am doubtful the Yorks sell the team after building a brand new stadium

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give total control back to Eddie. All will be good again.

Carmen Policy was on KNBR a couple months ago. One of the things that Policy said is that even if Eddie came back, the NFL has changed so much that you can't expect Eddie to come in and have success like he did back in the day. That said, pretty much everybody would welcome Eddie, but I don't see it happening. My guess is that Eddie is done with the whole thing and that he's moved on with his life.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give total control back to Eddie. All will be good again.
Carmen Policy was on KNBR a couple months ago. One of the things that Policy said is that even if Eddie came back, the NFL has changed so much that you can't expect Eddie to come in and have success like he did back in the day. That said, pretty much everybody would welcome Eddie, but I don't see it happening. My guess is that Eddie is done with the whole thing and that he's moved on with his life.

Eddie has said on numerous occasions that he no longer wants to run an NFL team. Recently his name came up in connection with another team (Raiders?) about part ownership and Mr D shot that down. He says he enjoys spending his days with family and watching his grandkids growing up. At age 69, he is probably done with it all. Cant say I blame him.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Yorks giving up ownership. What I do see is Jed giving up on football side of the business and probably do something else like stadium operations. How can he not know he sucks at his job? It's just embarrassing. If he wasn't working for his parents, pretty sure he'd be fired by now.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Yorks giving up ownership. What I do see is Jed giving up on football side of the business and probably do something else like stadium operations. How can he not know he sucks at his job? It's just embarrassing. If he wasn't working for his parents, pretty sure he'd be fired by now.

Some people can never see they are the problem. For some it is ego and some people just can't admit it. It is part Jed and part his parents. Did you see who replaced Parague Marathe? Al Guido. He doesn't have a football background either. We have Baalke as essentially the top football person. Tom Gamble is the only person there I see as worth keeping.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Jed was gone and YOU were the Owner, what steps would you take from here on?

Don't just say i'd fire everyone, this is a given. Who would you hire, or at least throw out some potential names?

It is easy to attack the Owner when things are going bad, but it is much harder to describe the fixes?

This isn't to defend Jed as i've always said "it comes with the territory", but i wonder if anyone has a clue? Having a clue means more than just saying "fire him and him and him".

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jed was gone and YOU were the Owner, what steps would you take from here on?

Don't just say i'd fire everyone, this is a given. Who would you hire, or at least throw out some potential names?

It is easy to attack the Owner when things are going bad, but it is much harder to describe the fixes?

This isn't to defend Jed as i've always said "it comes with the territory", but i wonder if anyone has a clue? Having a clue means more than just saying "fire him and him and him".

I would start looking for FO personnel with football personnel. I would look at successful organizations for FO people looking for a promotion. And I would even consider promoting Tom Gamble who is currently in the 49ers front office.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, until it is official announced i am doubtful the Yorks sell the team after building a brand new stadium
Half full stadiums may make them think about it. Half full stadiums are unheard of in the NFL these days. Add in that we have the most embarrassing coaching situation and no light at the end of the tunnel and we have hope.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have knocked Kawakami in the past but he does make some good observations here

Talking Points - with Tim Kawakami

There's a link in the second article that you posted (here) that goes to a KNBR radio interview just about this time last year with Jed York. Anybody who believes that any FO person other than York himself is the problem is kidding themselves, or off their meds. He sounds completely incapable of giving an answer to an honest question. It tells me what I've suspected for 15 years. This family DOES NOT CARE about winning. He says exactly that in the interview when he alludes to "winning with class" is what is important. Are we winning with class now? He totally blames Harbaugh for the off-field issues (supplied ENTIRELY by Baalke), though balks when asked to clarify why he dismissed Harbaugh.

"It was a mutual thing. Did you read our press release?" It's absolutely comical with this clown. And it clearly demonstrates that he thinks the 9er fanbase are idiots that need to praise him because he's the owner. I said this when Mommy York was in charge. I said this when Daddy York was in charge. I've said this, and will continue saying this, since Baby York took over. This ownership group does not care about the fans. They do not care about winning games or Super Bowls. They only view the fans as walking dollar signs. The only way things will change is if the fans stop supporting this team, and stop giving the Yorks their money.

Think about it. Would you spend top dollar on a new car, only to realize you've driven off the lot in a Yugo with 600,000 miles in a war zone on it? Because that's what you're doing when you give your money to the Yorks. And they OPENLY TELL YOU they don't give a fuck.