• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Agree to Trade Framework with Patriots and Browns Regarding WR Aiyuk

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper comes with baggage for sure but the 9ers are in win-now mode this year and Cooper is probably the best they can do to minimize the impact of losing Aiyuk for this season.

Plus Cooper's cap hit is lower than Aiyuk's this year so that extra money gives them some resources to sweeten Trent William's pot since he wants more money.
His cap hit would only be a couple mil bc most of it was turned into bonus money.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a Browns fan- I doubt this happens---- not really that much for or against it.

What the Browns need more then anything is a healthy Chubb and Watson. The defense - especially the line and the corners/safeties, is going to be extremely good.

Browns d-line and defensive backfield is loaded- and I like what they have done at linebacker. I want them to run the ball a lot and be judicious in the passing game. I think that is the best way for them to win games.
Aiyuk gives them more prime years, 4 years younger than Amari and Berry seems to have difficulty drafting WR’s so I think this would be a huge move. I think this year the difference isn’t big. Amari is a great locker room guy and a ridiculous route runner but I think Aiyuk is a younger Amari with more speed and big play threat. This would be a win for the Browns and the 49ers would do just fine short-term. If Pearsall turns into something then they are still in great shape

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots need a lot more than Aiyuk on the offensive side. A good WR doesn't help them any more than it does the Giants.
The Giants drafted one.

It would help their rookie QB to have somewheres to go with the ball besides a dump off.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants drafted one.

It would help their rookie QB to have somewheres to go with the ball besides a dump off.
I know the Giants drafted one and by all accounts a very good one but it doesn't address a lot of their other issues or fix Daniel Jones' problems. That was my only point. The Patriots need to improve a lot of the roster. B.B.s personell decisions set them back a lot.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get Cooper or even Bourne back, it really is pretty minimal the drop off.
I think if we are playing fantasy football and just inserting perceived production in a slot I would agree. However, the two different styles of players is likely impactful. Ayuik is very fast and is used to stretch the defense opening up intermediary stuff for others. Much of Shanahan pass stuff is predicated on stressing the defense with speed. That’s not Cooper (maybe ever) especially now when he’s on the back end.
When it mattered most, Aiyuk was the 49er's 3rd/4th option. When viewed through that prism, he always was a luxury and not a necessity.
I view skill players differently than you do. I think 5-6 guys play a distinct role and if they fit they serve to make each other better. The Niners have seemingly shrunk the field for the defense with an Ayuik/Cooper swap.
His biggest loss will be felt in the regular season weeks where Deebo doesnt answer the bell.
Or Kittle. Or CMC. Not sure if I made this point here or in the thread on the NBA board.

Kittle, CMC, Deebo are all guys who are seemingly banged up every year. Now they could be down 2 of their top 5 guys if Ayuik is traded and one of those three key guys is out for any significant time.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we are playing fantasy football and just inserting perceived production in a slot I would agree. However, the two different styles of players is likely impactful. Ayuik is very fast and is used to stretch the defense opening up intermediary stuff for others. Much of Shanahan pass stuff is predicated on stressing the defense with speed. That’s not Cooper (maybe ever) especially now when he’s on the back end.

I view skill players differently than you do. I think 5-6 guys play a distinct role and if they fit they serve to make each other better. The Niners have seemingly shrunk the field for the defense with an Ayuik/Cooper swap.

Or Kittle. Or CMC. Not sure if I made this point here or in the thread on the NBA board.

Kittle, CMC, Deebo are all guys who are seemingly banged up every year. Now they could be down 2 of their top 5 guys if Ayuik is traded and one of those three key guys is out for any significant time.

Someone brought up this point to me and I was convinced that they were wrong.

Christian McCaffery has played 16 games in 5 of his 7 seasons (last year he played 16 games not 17 because they rested him 1 game at end of year). It is amazing how he has the injury label because of how he missed time in only 2 different seasons out of 7.

We just think these guys are more banged up because of their fantasy impact and how everyone laments and screams when they are out a game.

George Kittle has played in 45 of the last 50 games. Deebo has played in 44 of the last 50 games. To put that in perspective for you, AJ Brown has played in 47 of his last 50 games. And Dallas Goedert has played in 41 of his last 50 games.

Yeah I am not trying to say that the 49ers might not be a little worse without Ayuik. But the drop off isnt going to be as big as some people think I dont believe. And lets not forget that the 49ers have a 1st round WR on the roster too to work into the mix.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty simple for me.
Ayuik isn't worth 30m per at this point in time. While Cooper is better for the niners championship run at this point and time.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Coop was overrated for years and I was completely wrong. Great locker room guy, great hands and just a smooth route runner that is always open. He isn't the same type of player as Aiyuk at this point in his career obviously. I think for one year, if he can stay healthy, SF is still in great shape.
SF obviously does not want to allocate a huge salary to WR so Cooper makes even more sense. They will take a couple mil cap hit for one season. If they want to bring him back for a year they can but if not, he can walk for a longer deal. They draft and develop WR's it seems so maybe Pearsall is the plan to slot into the WR2 or WR3 in 2025.
There is a reason the Browns did not want to give Coop more than a one year deal. While he is still a productive player and great locker room guy he has been in the league 10 years. At some point you need a younger replacement and you will have to fork up the money for a guy to Aiyuk's caliber.

Still doubting he goes to the Browns. I just think NE or another team might get desperate. NE still needs weapons for their rookie QB's

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is huge. It would be bizarre for the Niners to trade away their best receiver when they are prime Super Bowl contenders, but if Aiyuk is not going to play for them maybe it is their only move, but I doubt he would hold out during the season.
Let him go to the Browns or anybody besides the Patriots - we don't want him!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him go to the Browns or anybody besides the Patriots - we don't want him!
why do you dislike him?
I figured he would be perfect for the Pats

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly before this all went down.
I think Aiyuk is the best "Wide Receiver" on the team. I understand Deebo has the worth of being a swiss Army knife, but as a WR Aiyuk is better.
Also I figured this might be Deebo last year with the Niners, & Aiyuk would be the main target from the WR position. Deebo is beat up & constantly had nagging ding ups last season. That only gets worse as the receiver gets older. If Deebo stays healthy this season & doesnt pull the same hold out move. He could stay for 2 years. Dont see him as a Niner past that no matter what.
Gonna be interesting if the niners goes from Aiyuk & Deebo to having neither next year (or the next)

Always figured it would be a seamless transition from Deebo to Aiyuk. Well Aiyuk threw a monkey wrench into that plan!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd let Aiyuk walk. It sucks, but ya gotta... too much money locked up elsewhere.. and you just drafted a WR in a deep class this year.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd let Aiyuk walk. It sucks, but ya gotta... too much money locked up elsewhere.. and you just drafted a WR in a deep class this year.
who is the WR? was it in the 1st couple rds?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walk? As in tell him this year, "you play for us this year or sit" then let him or walk or do you mean trade him now?