• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 to 0 Turnovers...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we only win by 9 points and let up 30... and could've lost the game if Pitts got their crap together. WTF is wrong with this defense? Can we fire Richards please or cut every defensive player and start over?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We complain that we can't get TO's and now we complain because we won the TO battle 4-0... :scratch:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Shark, if it wasn't for those 4 Turnovers we lose so the defense helped in that way. Was nice to see the passing game really click and even though Rawls didn't get 100 he ran hard. Not Marshawn Lynch hard but he did well. Lynch is still better and i think some people jumped the gun last week anointing Rawls as the second coming but we are in good hands with Rawls till Lynch gets back. Seems like the Defense feeds off of how Lynch runs when he starts beasting.

Jimmy Graham i think Dislocated his knee ........ ouch!

On a side note Bevell called a good game in my eyes. Not perfect but good.

Last edited:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Your Invalid point is Shark???????????????

DUDE WE WON THE FUCKING GAME. Enjoy it and hope for many more

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually with you despite your constant glass half empty attitude but come on man. We won. Steelers have maybe the best offense in the league. They were gonna get theirs. Defense made plays when it mattered.

Just like the Pats game in 2012 when Brady threw the ball all around the field. Bend but don't break. Give up fgs, force turnovers, make huge plays on offense.

Not the ideal formula to win but a W is a W.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually with you despite your constant glass half empty attitude but come on man. We won. Steelers have maybe the best offense in the league. They were gonna get theirs. Defense made plays when it mattered.

Just like the Pats game in 2012 when Brady threw the ball all around the field. Bend but don't break. Give up fgs, force turnovers, make huge plays on offense.

Not the ideal formula to win but a W is a W.

lol i wouldn't call todays performance on defense "bend but don't break" because they Broke many times to the tune of 30 points.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I took away from this game was that the Seahawks coaching staff actually adjusted and din't try to play a ball control group and pound game which we simply can't do when our defense is getting gashed.

We played aggressively.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 TD's to 0 INT's. That's the real key. Wilson with his best game so far while taking IV's on the sideline apparently.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we only win by 9 points and let up 30... and could've lost the game if Pitts got their crap together. WTF is wrong with this defense? Can we fire Richards please or cut every defensive player and start over?

I don't think it's the players.. More than it is the schemes... Were in way to many zone coverages and receivers are just falling into open spots in the zones..

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's the players.. More than it is the schemes... Were in way to many zone coverages and receivers are just falling into open spots in the zones..

That would be the Gus Bradley scheme that causes me headaches. Quinn's scheme was just about as good as it gets having top ranked D for 3 yrs straight and its mind blowing that Richards doesn't use that scheme.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the Gus Bradley scheme that causes me headaches. Quinn's scheme was just about as good as it gets having top ranked D for 3 yrs straight and its mind blowing that Richards doesn't use that scheme.

It is like Gus Bradley.... And I don't know why Pete is allowing us to go away from what was working... Did we man lock at all the entire night ? I don't remember seeing man coverage at all ....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he does use the same schemes, just that the secondary is coming off major injuries to Thomas, Sherman and Kam. That can take a while to get back to 100%. Williams was a disappointment so far also. We saw today and other games that for the most part teams go after the weakest link, boogie was right about being only as strong as the weakest link.
Now the one thing I don't get at all, is the trouble with TE. Maybe that was always the weak spot in the D and teams have now figured that out? Mmmm I think it's more then that , but dang if I know what the problem is. Whatever it is, needs to be fixed.
In any case the Seahawks are still alive and kicking, so there still hope.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is like Gus Bradley.... And I don't know why Pete is allowing us to go away from what was working... Did we man lock at all the entire night ? I don't remember seeing man coverage at all ....

Just Sherm was up on the line on Brown and seemed everyone else was 4 to 5 yds off. Maybe Pete allows it to let Richard make is own identity on D but damn, it's not working well.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he does use the same schemes, just that the secondary is coming off major injuries to Thomas, Sherman and Kam. That can take a while to get back to 100%. Williams was a disappointment so far also. We saw today and other games that for the most part teams go after the weakest link, boogie was right about being only as strong as the weakest link.
Now the one thing I don't get at all, is the trouble with TE. Maybe that was always the weak spot in the D and teams have now figured that out? Mmmm I think it's more then that , but dang if I know what the problem is. Whatever it is, needs to be fixed.
In any case the Seahawks are still alive and kicking, so there still hope.

Our D under Quinn didn't have many weak links if any besides the occasional lack of pass rush, but still gave up less then 13pts per game. Besides Sherm, our DB's play way off the line, plus ET and Kam are even further back then normal. Quinn had these guys up on the line banging WR's off their routes and ET/Kam much closer to the play. Injuries might have a reasoning behind some of the poor play early in the season, but by now they should be back to the norm and it's not happening. Don't get me started with Carrie Williams, there isn't enough time in the day for my rant on him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was, our D played great in the turnover department and Russell picked apart that Pittsburgh D and our O dominated, BUT, we still allowed the most pass yards in franchise history and over 500 yards of offense to Pittsburgh.

Seattle under Quinn or Bradley never would've let that happen. We have WAY too much talent on D (right?) to be giving up those kind of yards.

Just kind of scary since we have so much money locked up in the D.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was, our D played great in the turnover department and Russell picked apart that Pittsburgh D and our O dominated, BUT, we still allowed the most pass yards in franchise history and over 500 yards of offense to Pittsburgh.

Seattle under Quinn or Bradley never would've let that happen. We have WAY too much talent on D (right?) to be giving up those kind of yards.

Just kind of scary since we have so much money locked up in the D.
2nd most...Seattle Seahawks at San Diego Chargers - September 15th, 1985 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Dude, Pitt averages over 8 yards per attempt They have been in the top 3 in YPA this year and last year.
They threw the ball 509 times.
Do the math.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why you lose your vote.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We complain that we can't get TO's and now we complain because we won the TO battle 4-0... :scratch:
Only a few are like this. I can think of 3 or 4 that complain constantly and when there is only positives to say, they remain quiet.