• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 passes in...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like saying;

"Restaurant A does THIS better than Restaurant B, they do THAT better. They have better food. The service is better. I just think it's a better environment."

"So, you want to go to Restaraunt A man."

"NO! WTF! STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH. I never said Restaraunt A was the best restaurant. I just said it has better food and service right now man. I love Restaraunt B."

It's just an odd way of stating your opinion. What's stranger is how you fail to see how that is... well... strange.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's easy. Josh continually finds the OPEN receiver,whether it be the check , or a WR ,or TE who has actually broken free of his coverage. Just think this O is predicated on moving the chains.
He also gets rid of the ball quickly , thus not taking sacks. Did I mention TOs.
JMO , but the O more often than not looked like well oiled machine w/ Josh running it.
Say what you want it's JMO.
I Love Jay. But don't really think he bought in totally, in what this system is about. Moving the chains.
Jay continually looks for the big play, IMO. Thus continues to throw to covered receivers.
The TD to AJ , he was double covered. Just sayin , I want to see smarter QB play from our guys.
I'm not unhappy w/ an 80 yard drive 5-10 yards at a time . As opposed to a lucky 50 yard pass . Just think if Jay would run this O like it should be run. We'd be hard to beat. Hell it worked for Steve Young & Rich Gannon.
And Just to make my self clear here. I'm not Knocking Jay or promoting Josh.
Seems you have to do this now a days.

You may surprised by this- Josh's YPA is 8.2...Jay's is 7.3 Josh is sacked once every 20 drop backs...Jay is sacked once per 22.2 drop backs. That tells me Josh isnt playing safe, and that he doesnt avoid the sacks as well as Jay does. Not surprising, because he isnt as elusive as Jay

Jay may take a little longer to get rid of the ball, but his ability to fire it into a tight window exceeds what Josh can do. Based on what I have heard on more than one occasion from teammates that attend the same meetings he does, I have every reason to believe that Jay grasps the offense in every capacity. Teammates say that he is the smartest one in the room.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may surprised by this- Josh's YPA is 8.2...Jay's is 7.3 Josh is sacked once every 20 drop backs...Jay is sacked once per 22.2 drop backs. That tells me Josh isnt playing safe, and that he doesnt avoid the sacks as well as Jay does. Not surprising, because he isnt as elusive as Jay

Jay may take a little longer to get rid of the ball, but his ability to fire it into a tight window exceeds what Josh can do. Based on what I have heard on more than one occasion from teammates that attend the same meetings he does, I have every reason to believe that Jay grasps the offense in every capacity. Teammates say that he is the smartest one in the room.

From what I saw , from the Wash. till now . Josh had a better feel for the O. That is just MO. Like the way he took care of the ball, and moved the team.
I love Jay. And being Vandy grad I know he has some brains.
So, why does he continually throw to covered receivers. That's what throws me for a loop. And is the basis of my statement. Just would like to see a safer Jay.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an honest question. If the tables were turned, and someone else was saying this. You weren't engaging that person, but just reading these statements.

When the Bears are in the midst of a quote; "QB controversy" amongst the fans.

Hypothetically, if you were reading someone else say all of these things multiple times pretty much every week, without adding in the asterisk of; "but I do think Jay is a better QB". Which is pretty much what you have done since the WSH game.

You reading that person say all of these things that McCown does better than Jay. That McCown does, but Jay cannot, and has failed to do... etc...

How in the hell could you possibly think that person wanted Jay Cutler to be the starting QB? I mean, you made ZERO inferences that would lead someone to believe that you wanted Jay, and I'm pretty sure you have still yet to. All you have said is; "but Jay is the better QB"... "I love Jay".

All you have done is praise Josh, and criticize Jay in this offense. Yet, somehow... we are supposed to MAGICALLY know you wanted Jay Cutler to start all along?

Don't you see why someone could find it strange that you all of the sudden start saying this stuff now? I mean, just try looking at it neutrally for a moment. Please.

I read what the fuck people type. I can agree or disagree w/ out trying to make them look like chump . Which seems to be your forte. RICH. It sucks when your wrong . But you even look like a bigger DICK when you continue argue you're moot point.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read what the fuck people type. I can agree or disagree w/ out trying to make them look like chump . Which seems to be your forte. RICH. It sucks when your wrong . But you even look like a bigger DICK when you continue argue you're moot point.

Your*

:clap:

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, why does he continually throw to covered receivers. That's what throws me for a loop. And is the basis of my statement. Just would like to see a safer Jay.

Without quantifying, I can tell you that Josh throws into coverage, too. While the stats dont show the picks, Im making an educated guess that he has thrown 10 or so balls that could have easily been picks. I specifically recall 4 or 5 coming from the Dallas and Viking games, with these balls hitting the defender square in the hands or body. Josh with the higher ypa clearly has shows he stretches the field, too...and certainly has made plenty of throws into coverage. That said, I just dont see this big difference of whats safe that you do.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without quantifying, I can tell you that Josh throws into coverage, too. While the stats dont show the picks, Im making an educated guess that he has thrown 10 or so balls that could have easily been picks. I specifically recall 4 or 5 coming from the Dallas and Viking games, with these balls hitting the defender square in the hands or body. Josh with the higher ypa clearly has shows he stretches the field, too...and certainly has made plenty of throws into coverage. That said, I just dont see this big difference of whats safe that you do.

1 pick compared to 10. Don't know the # of fumbles but I would bet Jay has the bigger #. Probably because he was looking to make the big play.
The West coast O (which I have read has been learned by T-Man, from Bill Walsh), has always been a ball control O. Yes you take your shots when they present themselves. But more or less it was a move the chains O. Be it running or passing. I really did like to watch the 49er O back in that day. I think Jay could run it better
with better decisions. Take what the D gives you. I think Josh was doing just that. I won't dispute he made more than his share of bad throws. But I think Josh has been playing more to the system than Jay. As far as reads & protecting the ball.
Just 1 example of what I'm try to get across. 3Rd & 3. Jay throws a 30 yard in complete pass to a covered BM down the right sidelines. 3RD & 3 Josh hits a wide open Martty B behind the line, but he gets the first down.
I have no doubts Jay understands the O. Just wish he would run it like it was meant to be run. I think he still has a tendency to look for the big play instead of just taking what the D gives you.
This is primarily why I made that statement.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell does a well oiled machine lose to fucking the Vikings. I'll tell you how. Piss poor 3rd down conversion. Josh doesn't have a better grasp of anything than Jay. Period. Josh played well against a pathetic cowboys team. Whoopdy fucking doo.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Josh doesn't play DEFENSE or STs nor does he kick FGs. His Qb rating backs up his play.
Wins in STL., WASH, & Minny would have been in our grasp, had we any kind of D. That seems to escape you LEO.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking idiots

Sorry Josh doesn't play DEFENSE or STs nor does he kick FGs. His Qb rating backs up his play.
Wins in STL., WASH, & Minny would have been in our grasp, had we any kind of D. That seems to escape you LEO.

Always an excuse for the great Josh..... defenses don't convert 3rd downs and in the Vikings loss neither did Josh Montana. QB ratings do not win games either and I guess that escapes you 63. :wtf2::yahoo::L

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backseat coach.....it's like you want them to lose, so you'll be right??

The decision has been made. Root for your team, dummy.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always an excuse for the great Josh..... defenses don't convert 3rd downs and in the Vikings loss neither did Josh Montana. QB ratings do not win games either and I guess that escapes you 63. :wtf2::yahoo::L

Don't Know where trying to go here Leo. But Josh put us in position to win the game 2 times in Minny.
The first time the D couldn't stop Minny's potent O. And let them tie the game.
In overtime Josh drove them into FG range. But Robbie missed the kick. And again our D couldn't stop that potent Minny O.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't Know where trying to go here Leo. But Josh put us in position to win the game 2 times in Minny.
In overtime Josh drove them into FG range. But Robbie missed the kick. And again our D couldn't stop that potent Minny O.

I can play that game too. Cutler put the Bears in position to beat the Lions, but Jeffery dropped 2 TD passes. What if, what if.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Matt Forte put us into position to win the game once.

Not moving the ball a single yard and settling for a 61 yard field goal, isn't "putting your team in a position to win". He missed quite a few throws down the stretch of both the STL and MIN game.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can play that game too. Cutler put the Bears in position to beat the Lions, but Jeffery dropped 2 TD passes. What if, what if.

Sorry, I don't play fucking games. Just come on here discuss football.
What the fuck does your Jay comment have to do with 2 guys discussing what Josh has currently done?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Forte put us into position to win the game once.

Not moving the ball a single yard and settling for a 61 yard field goal, isn't "putting your team in a position to win". He missed quite a few throws down the stretch of both the STL and MIN game.

My recollections of the game . Where the Bears had the lead towards the end of the game ( first, McCown lead drive that would lead to victory) . The D could not stop the potent Minny O , from tieing the game. The game goes into OT. Eventually Josh drives them down to a 47 yard FG attempt to win the frikin game. Just don't think this game could be blamed on Josh. The D, HC, & Robbie in my mind had a bigger factor in this game. Josh did his part. You're obviously blind if you didn't see it.
Oh and the kick was a 66 yard attempt.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to diffuse this conversation peacefully.
But if you insist on being Fuckin Jerk Off. Well here goes.

I was simply telling you what I believed you were doing. I'd be lying if I said it didn't irk me a bit when you said "I was putting words in your mouth". I never did that. You spent the last three weeks or whatever the fuck it was, saying McCown "has a better grasp of the O". And talking about how Jay doesn't get the system, takes risks, forces balls, etc... Then ALL OF THE FUCKING SUDDEN when I corner you on the topic, you say "well... uh... I think Jay is the better QB. I uh... I just uh... it's like I said... well uh... Josh just had a better grasp of the O. THAT'S ALL I SAID."

HMMMMMMM... Something smells like BULL SHIT. Even you have to say, that's a bit strange.

I'm just trying to paint you a picture of what that looks like from someone else's perspective.

I'll start w/ the cry Baby comment you threw at me . Your thread after the loss to Minnesota, showed everyone on this board who the biggest Fuckin CRY BABY is. You .

I don't have time for this horse shit. I addressed this issue in another thread. Go check it out. It's near the top somewhere. In one of the threads you've stalked me out on tonight.

Sorry I don't think like you . I say what the fuck I mean to say , and stand behind it. MR I think this team can win ,but they'll lose if this fuckin happens. Talk about a politician. You try to cover your ass in just about every prediction post.

Of course, I don't know what the hell is going to happen. Am I a god damned guru? If I don't have a grasp on who I think is going to win, I don't just pull predictions out of my ass. Why should I? It seems dumb to me. I try to stay as completely open minded as I can. I didn't know if we'd beat the Browns on Sunday. Did you? Did anyone? If I feel as though the Bears are going to win/lose a game, I'll say it. If I don't know, I don't know.

However, I ALWAYS make my opinion CRYSTAL clear when I am speaking on personnel issues. Such as the Cutler issue, etc...

All of my posts just said Josh has a better grasp of the O.
You're Horseshit. Oh and FU I'm through taking your BS.

The most VAGUE fucking statement of all-time. Are you that inept when it comes relaying a thought to another human being? Christ almighty.

There's about to be a WHAT???

Last edited by a moderator:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My recollections of the game . Where the Bears had the lead towards the end of the game ( first, McCown lead drive that would lead to victory) . The D could not stop the potent Minny O , from tieing the game. The game goes into OT. Eventually Josh drives them down to a 47 yard FG attempt to win the frikin game. Just don't think this game could be blamed on Josh. The D, HC, & Robbie in my mind had a bigger factor in this game. Josh did his part. You're obviously blind if you didn't see it.
Oh and the kick was a 66 yard attempt.

I agree. However, you can't just allow everyone to pile on top of Cutler for everything that goes wrong for the Bears, and then be okay with McCown faltering a bit towards the end of a BAD loss and excuse him. It has to work both ways.

What did the Bears throw the ball on that OT drive? Once? And also, the Bears were FORCED to settle for the 66 yard FG. Because with :20 seconds left, McCown ran three plays. Over shooting a receiver once, throwing behind another, and then was forced to check down to Bennett on the next for a minimal gain.

If Cutler would have lost that game and led an offensive charge that put up a mere 20 points against the worst defense in Vikings history, he would have been scolded. The Bears had multiple opportunities to put the game away with the ball and a lead in the 4th. McCown absolutely missed a few key throws in the 4th and first possession of OT on the drive where they punted.