• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 passes in...

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cutler needs a RB that can block and get yardage up the gut

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forte is one of the best blocking backs in the league.

Except Monday night.

Every player has an off-night, but it seems everyone on that team was off that night. I just hope they can bounce back.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn`t matter what their record here is....it matters how well they have played.

McCown has played just as well and if not better.
When was the last time Jay had 3 straight 300 yd games let alone a 350 game?
When was the last time he has had back-to-back 300 yd games?

I loved how some one was putting up Josh`s point totals,but now that Jay has has a 11 pt game,it`ll never be heard of again.......

Now look........We all know Josh is a career back-up.We all know he actually is not better than cutler ut ey,the offense was doing well with him in there.
i don`t care what his w-l record is.Thats like measuring a baseball pitchers to their records.(it can be misleading)

But Testman says Jay is our qb this weekend and thats that.
I gotta cheer for that "C" on the side of his helmet.......

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
morons

It doesn`t matter what their record here is....it matters how well they have played

What an asinine statement. Did you watch the Ravens game? How well was Josh playing before the storm? The Rams game? How well did Josh play in that game? The Vikings game? That was a well played game by Josh? The guy was 1-2 in his last 3 games. Big whoopdy freaking do. I hope when Josh leaves in the off season you people enamored with his 1good game leave with him. The guy is a bck up QB.....period

:lol:
:wtf2:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn`t matter what their record here is....it matters how well they have played

What an asinine statement. Did you watch the Ravens game? How well was Josh playing before the storm? The Rams game? How well did Josh play in that game? The Vikings game? That was a well played game by Josh? The guy was 1-2 in his last 3 games. Big whoopdy freaking do. I hope when Josh leaves in the off season you people enamored with his 1good game leave with him. The guy is a bck up QB.....period

:lol:

Holy shit dude...........In the Ravens game there was 40 mph winds and gusting...all game,not just after the delay,but all game......wtf did you want him to do?
and I`m thinking 19 of 31 for 216 and a td no picks is damn good considering.....

The Rams game? cmon man,are you for real? 36 of 47 for 352 yds 2 tds and 1 int is Brady like numbers.

The Vikings game? 23 of 36 for 355 and 2 tds 0 picks and four sacks.......Four damn sacks!!
And now Cutler gets sacked what vs the Eagles.....5xs? and you wanna say Jay played poorly cause of this? and vs a 30th ranked pass defense?

Sorry,but Josh has played better..........and you have to have some kind of defense to stop the other team from scoring.
AP 211 yds rushing..........Thats ball control there............

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
know the facts

..In the Ravens game there was 40 mph winds and gusting...all game,not just after the delay,but all game.

Simply not true. I was there and yes there were gust but overall...especially before the storm it was relatively calm.

:lame:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stupid unknowledgable fans

When was the last time McCown guided his team to back to back victories ?
When was the last time McCown guided his team a 3 game winning streak?
When was the last time McCown guided his team a 4 game winning streak?
When was the last time McCown guided his team a 5 game winning streak?
When was the last time McCown guided his team a 6 game winning streak?
When was the last time Jay guided his team to a 5 game losing streak?
When was the last time Jay guided his team to a 6 game losing streak?
When was the last time Jay guided his team to a 7 game losing streak?
When was the last time Jay guided his team to a 8 game losing streak?
When was the last time Jay guided his team to a 9 game losing streak?

Stats don't win games and neither does qb ratings.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams game? cmon man,are you for real? 36 of 47 for 352 yds 2 tds and 1 int is Brady like numbers.

Josh checked down and played it safe that entire game. He was a high percentage passer. He was unable to lead and/or finish drives when the Bears needed him to that day. He was by no means spectacular. However, he certainly wasn't bad. His stats are just deceiving.

The Vikings game? 23 of 36 for 355 and 2 tds 0 picks and four sacks.......Four damn sacks!!

Once again... McCown misses throws down the stretch of the game and in OT. Unable to move the team when he had multiple opportunities to put the game away and win it in regulation at the end. When Hester returned a kick to midfield, and he overthrew and threw behind receivers consecutively. Then checked down to Bennett for no gain. Settling for a 66 yard field goal. Once again, Josh plays it safe, and is unable to put points on the board when the team needed to. Then on the first drive of OT, he moves it into Viking territory and over throws Marshall and then takes a sack.

Cutler, in his first game back in a tight game, leads the team down the field three consecutive times for TD's in the 4th. GAME OVER. Against the 8th ranked defense heading in, nonetheless. Not the scrubs McCown saw.

Sorry,but Josh has played better..........and you have to have some kind of defense to stop the other team from scoring.
AP 211 yds rushing..........Thats ball control there............

No, he hasn't. However, if you want to keep bringing up passing yards and completion percentage, that's fine. You're welcome to continue to live in the world of statistics.

The Bears had a 20-10 lead with 10 minutes left and the ball in Vikings territory. They had the same situation later on up 20-17. You don't have to stop AP right there, just put the damn game away on offense.

The Eagles game was an absolute joke. Not one person on that damn team showed up, and it didn't matter whether it was McCown, Cutler, or Jesus Christ under center. The Bears were POUNDED from start to finish. POUNDED.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown has NOT played better than Cutler, even though the stats say he has. Sometimes stats lie. Anyone who watched the Vikings and Cowboys games saw that McCown should have been intercepted about 6 times between those 2 games. How often does a QB get away with that many bad passes? It's complete freak luck that McCown has only 1 INT on the season. He has played very well, no doubt. But he has not played 13 TDs to 1 INT, 100+ passer rating well. Without freak luck, his rating would be closer to 90 like Cutler's is. Which is very solid. But he has not been so much better than Cutler like so many fans claim. Remember Jeffery dropped 2 TDs for Cutler in the Detroit game. I have not noticed dropped TDs for McCown. He's played well, but he's also had freak luck unlike Cutler. Several of Cutler's INTs have been on deflected passes. McCown throws a ball RIGHT to a defender, and it's dropped. It was just a fairy tale stretch for McCown. No way that kind of luck would continue!

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown has NOT played better than Cutler, even though the stats say he has. Sometimes stats lie. Anyone who watched the Vikings and Cowboys games saw that McCown should have been intercepted about 6 times between those 2 games. How often does a QB get away with that many bad passes? It's complete freak luck that McCown has only 1 INT on the season. He has played very well, no doubt. But he has not played 13 TDs to 1 INT, 100+ passer rating well. Without freak luck, his rating would be closer to 90 like Cutler's is. Which is very solid. But he has not been so much better than Cutler like so many fans claim. Remember Jeffery dropped 2 TDs for Cutler in the Detroit game. I have not noticed dropped TDs for McCown. He's played well, but he's also had freak luck unlike Cutler. Several of Cutler's INTs have been on deflected passes. McCown throws a ball RIGHT to a defender, and it's dropped. It was just a fairy tale stretch for McCown. No way that kind of luck would continue!

Not saying Josh is better than Jay or viceaversa . But Josh's #s Have been pretty damn good. I'm still wondering if Jay can run this O as efficient as Josh. Considering Jay's big play looks.
I made a statement (Josh has a better grasp of the O) . I stand by that. Fuck the big play. The Westcoast O is predicated on moving the chains. And that seems to be what we're running. W/the run O thrown by Kromer.
Why can every 1 see this besides Jay.?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 pick compared to 10. Don't know the # of fumbles but I would bet Jay has the bigger #. Probably because he was looking to make the big play.
The West coast O (which I have read has been learned by T-Man, from Bill Walsh), has always been a ball control O. Yes you take your shots when they present themselves. But more or less it was a move the chains O. Be it running or passing. I really did like to watch the 49er O back in that day. I think Jay could run it better
with better decisions. Take what the D gives you. I think Josh was doing just that. I won't dispute he made more than his share of bad throws. But I think Josh has been playing more to the system than Jay. As far as reads & protecting the ball.
Just 1 example of what I'm try to get across. 3Rd & 3. Jay throws a 30 yard in complete pass to a covered BM down the right sidelines. 3RD & 3 Josh hits a wide open Martty B behind the line, but he gets the first down.
I have no doubts Jay understands the O. Just wish he would run it like it was meant to be run. I think he still has a tendency to look for the big play instead of just taking what the D gives you.
This is primarily why I made that statement.

Again no response to a football post BLH. Wouldn't that have you wondering what others objectives are here?