• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the thing-- you double Kryrie or LeBron driving--- a couple things happen A. Thompson is loose for offensive rebounds and B. the perimeter shooters are open- and if you have TWO big men that cna make 3's thats deadly....

LeBron and Irving collapse the D....TT terrifies them with his offensive rebounding- and then those bigs with the 3 point skills rain from 3....not a bad way to run an offense huh?

and a question...TT's offensive rebounding was insane again...but seriously- HOW DOES HE GET ALL THOSE OFFENSIVE BOARDS WHEN THE CAVS ARE SHOOTING LIGHTS OUT? LOL...shouldnt that not be possible?

Nope, when they are hitting the outside shot like they have been...it's a great OFC.

The Hawks have been poor one the glass for a while...they never seemed to get the ball clean...always a tip here, a tap there, rarely a clean board and start a break, or just a OFC possession...idk how much credit to give CLE really...a better gauge will be the next round I think.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the thing-- you double Kryrie or LeBron driving--- a couple things happen A. Thompson is loose for offensive rebounds and B. the perimeter shooters are open- and if you have TWO big men that cna make 3's thats deadly....

This right here is the key difference and why the Cavs aren't seeing much resistance so far. No one in the East has a player who can guard Lebron or Kyrie one on one. This forces the opponent to choose between letting Lebron and/or Kyrie try to win the game by themselves, or making Love and everyone else beat them.

The Spurs and Warriors both have players who can guard Lebron and Kyrie 1 on 1. Not that those guys can stop them. But just that they can slow them down without having to leave anyone else open. Plus, they can make both Lebron and Kyrie work hard on the defensive end as well.

It will be interesting to see what adjustments Lue makes to combat that.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its sure means something to me....im having a hell of a time let me tell ya.....nothing good? lol.....ill tell ya...ive been having a HELLUVA GOOD TIME. Shit- i havent even had to endure a playoff LOSS yet- which has been nice because as soon as it happens im sure the narrative will be the sky is falling. lol.

oh well...comes with the territory when you have LeBron James.

how inconsequential and ridiculous does all the blabbering about losses to the Heat and Nets in March feel now? totally LAUGHABLE.

You were the ass clown saying the Cavs sent a message in a November home win vs Celts.
I've been consistent stating regular season means nothing, and with James it's championship or bust.
If your fun is a runner up trophy, keep having it.
I'm 100% sure LeBron won't enjoy it at all.

Was there any surveillance when your mother left you in a basket at the mental hospital?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the ass clown saying the Cavs sent a message in a November home win vs Celts.
I've been consistent stating regular season means nothing, and with James it's championship or bust.
If your fun is a runner up trophy, keep having it.
I'm 100% sure LeBron won't enjoy it at all.

Was there any surveillance when your mother left you in a basket at the mental hospital?
yah regular season means nothing except if its a March loss against the Heat, lol.

Enjoy the JOURNEY MAN.....if you cant enjoy your team going 8-0 early in the playoffs then why even be a sports fan? Im having a helluva good time- and gotta tell ya--- probably will be for the better part of the next decad watching the Cavs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here is the key difference and why the Cavs aren't seeing much resistance so far. No one in the East has a player who can guard Lebron or Kyrie one on one. This forces the opponent to choose between letting Lebron and/or Kyrie try to win the game by themselves, or making Love and everyone else beat them.

The Spurs and Warriors both have players who can guard Lebron and Kyrie 1 on 1. Not that those guys can stop them. But just that they can slow them down without having to leave anyone else open. Plus, they can make both Lebron and Kyrie work hard on the defensive end as well.

It will be interesting to see what adjustments Lue makes to combat that.
yah i think you make a good point here....Bazemore and Marcus Morris are NOT the guys you want on LeBron-- and reggie jackson and schroeder/teague arent exactly slowing done Kyrie...

all though- i think you have to add Love too...Drummond had real trouble guarding love on the perimeter as did the Hawks....the Warriors with DRAYMOND * (not drummond, lol) wont have that

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah regular season means nothing except if its a March loss against the Heat, lol.

Enjoy the JOURNEY MAN.....if you cant enjoy your team going 8-0 early in the playoffs then why even be a sports fan? Im having a helluva good time- and gotta tell ya--- probably will be for the better part of the next decad watching the Cavs.

I never made a big deal out of the wins.
Just had fun with how shitty the Cavs looked without James, and how scared Lue was of Whiteside.

And fans don't switch teams when they suck.
Fans don't turn the game off when they are losing.
You're just a front runner who hopes the Cavs win it all, but has no real belief in it or you would take the bets.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had fun with how shitty the Cavs looked without James, and how scared Lue was of Whiteside.

You're just a front runner who hopes the Cavs win it all, but has no real belief in it or you would take the bets.
i told you from day 1 - ill take a bet on the Finals if yo utake a bet on Cavs/Heat (or Toronto- i had said the field in the East before- but its a little late for that 8 games later!! lol).....with all the blabbering about how there is a better chance the Cavs lose in the East than win in the Finals i thought that would be an absolute no brainer for you---- apparently not.

anyone else that wants to take that bet is MORE than happy to do so...maybe someone wants to actually back up their words???

i hope whitesie is healthy if the Heat win...thats a GREAT matchup for the Cavs -- as you saw in the Detroit series-- a lumbering 7 footer (especially now if he is limited by a knee injury) is PRECISELY the thing to get the Cavs 3 pt shooting FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll and Lowry are actually both pretty decent defenders hypothetically against Bron and Irving...however, if JV is seriously limited they are in trouble . Kid is a beast.

on the Heat....Deng/Winsow on LeBron and Dragic/Johnson on KI? hmm...thats not bad..better than Detroit and ATL, but not quite as good as Tor..in my opinion anyway.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill do ya even ONE BETTER Turnup.....

2 bets...

First--- I win if the Cavs get to the Finals...you win if they lose in the Eastern playoffs...as you have said- better shot the Cavs lose in the East than win in the Finals-- should be NO PROBLEM for ya.......then of course we do the 2nd bet--- if the Cavs win i nthe Finals- i win- if they lose you win....

should be NO PROBLEM for you doing that bet - if like you said- you ACTUALLY THOUGHT the Cavs had a better chance of losing int he East than winning in the Finals- which i dont think you really ever meant ot be honest- but whatever, lol

however- ill even give ya this too just to show what a standup guy i am--- if the Cavs trade Irving or Love- or LeBron leaves this offseason- you AUTOMATICALLY Win.

after all your blabbering about how if the Cavs dont win- one of them will be gone- SHOULDB E NO PROBLEM for you to grow a pair and take the bet...Especially since you give them basically no shot of winning it

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i told you from day 1 - ill take a bet on the Finals if yo utake a bet on Cavs/Heat (or Toronto- i had said the field in the East before- but its a little late for that 8 games later!! lol).....with all the blabbering about how there is a better chance the Cavs lose in the East than win in the Finals i thought that would be an absolute no brainer for you---- apparently not.

anyone else that wants to take that bet is MORE than happy to do so...maybe someone wants to actually back up their words???

i hope whitesie is healthy if the Heat win...thats a GREAT matchup for the Cavs -- as you saw in the Detroit series-- a lumbering 7 footer (especially now if he is limited by a knee injury) is PRECISELY the thing to get the Cavs 3 pt shooting FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS!

Rainbow x100000
When did I ever predict the Heat to make let alone win the EC Finals?
And that was with Bosh/Whiteside.

Saying I though they had a better chance to lose before the Finals, meant just that.
I never said to whom because it didn't matter.
Then, I even changed my position on that.

All along, it just meant I felt strongly that Cavs weren't winning it all, which you obviously agree with based on your giant pussyism.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rainbow x100000
When did I ever predict the Heat to make let alone win the EC Finals?
And that was with Bosh/Whiteside.

Saying I though they had a better chance to lose before the Finals, meant just that.
I never said to whom because it didn't matter.
Then, I even changed my position on that.

All along, it just meant I felt strongly that Cavs weren't winning it all, which you obviously agree with based on your giant pussyism.
im glad you changed your mind and can now see the folly of your statement that the Cavs were less likely to make it out of the East than win in the Finals...I applaud you being able to admit you were wrong on that one.

Kudos!!

and ifi remember correctly one of the reasons why i didnt want to take any of your stupid bets in January is because ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN- like Bosh and Whiteside being out....but you told me i was a pussy then--so what now? HYPOCRITE MUCH? LOL

as i said at hte beginning of the playoffs- you couldve taken the field in the East...but you were too scared...oh well.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill do ya even ONE BETTER Turnup.....

2 bets...

First--- I win if the Cavs get to the Finals...you win if they lose in the Eastern playoffs...as you have said- better shot the Cavs lose in the East than win in the Finals-- should be NO PROBLEM for ya.......then of course we do the 2nd bet--- if the Cavs win i nthe Finals- i win- if they lose you win....

should be NO PROBLEM for you doing that bet - if like you said- you ACTUALLY THOUGHT the Cavs had a better chance of losing int he East than winning in the Finals- which i dont think you really ever meant ot be honest- but whatever, lol

however- ill even give ya this too just to show what a standup guy i am--- if the Cavs trade Irving or Love- or LeBron leaves this offseason- you AUTOMATICALLY Win.

after all your blabbering about how if the Cavs dont win- one of them will be gone- SHOULDB E NO PROBLEM for you to grow a pair and take the bet...Especially since you give them basically no shot of winning it

You're insane.

The 2 bets should be Cavs win it all.
It's a given they are in the Finals.

I say if they lose, the 3 are not all back.

It's pretty simple logic, so hopefully you can grasp it.

Which bet(s) will you accept?

Im guessing neither.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im glad you changed your mind and can now see the folly of your statement that the Cavs were less likely to make it out of the East than win in the Finals...I applaud you being able to admit you were wrong on that one.

Kudos!!

and ifi remember correctly one of the reasons why i didnt want to take any of your stupid bets in January is because ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN- like Bosh and Whiteside being out....but you told me i was a pussy then--so what now? HYPOCRITE MUCH? LOL

as i said at hte beginning of the playoffs- you couldve taken the field in the East...but you were too scared...oh well.

No, because I never said the Heat would win even at full strength.

I guess we'll just have to wait until before the Finals start and then see how much belief you have.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its sure means something to me....im having a hell of a time let me tell ya.....nothing good? lol.....ill tell ya...ive been having a HELLUVA GOOD TIME. Shit- i havent even had to endure a playoff LOSS yet- which has been nice because as soon as it happens im sure the narrative will be the sky is falling. lol.

oh well...comes with the territory when you have LeBron James.

how inconsequential and ridiculous does all the blabbering about losses to the Heat and Nets in March feel now? totally LAUGHABLE.

That's YOUR assumption. Everyone on this board has already said the Cavs are making it to the Finals. If they face the Heat, with a healthy Whiteside, it goes 6. If they face the Raptors, sweep, maybe 5 games. You're under the assumption that everyone's going to attack you. You're correct. You make all of these proclamations and pompous statements where quality guys like @gordontrue have to constantly defend their team.

The Cavs are playing good ball right now, albeit against the Hawks and Pistons. Yet, guys like Turnup and myself have consistently claimed that you'll truly be judged in the Finals. It's how it goes when you yourself have said that you have Lebron James and by far the highest paid roster compared to the rest of the league. Anything short of a title is a complete and utter bust.

Don't like it. Then don't be such a pompous (unt.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At the end of the day, if the Cavs win, I'll be happy for gordon and Shane. It won't be the end of the world.

Wiggy made himself a bandwagon fan as soon as he jumped to OKC when Lebron jumped to Miami. Wiggy's not a ride or die fan. Wouldn't surprise me if somewhere down the line he became a Lakers fan because they were winning again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's YOUR assumption. Everyone on this board has already said the Cavs are making it to the Finals. If they face the Heat, with a healthy Whiteside, it goes 6. If they face the Raptors, sweep, maybe 5 games. You're under the assumption that everyone's going to attack you. You're correct. You make all of these proclamations and pompous statements where quality guys like @gordontrue have to constantly defend their team.

The Cavs are playing good ball right now, albeit against the Hawks and Pistons. Yet, guys like Turnup and myself have consistently claimed that you'll truly be judged in the Finals. It's how it goes when you yourself have said that you have Lebron James and by far the highest paid roster compared to the rest of the league. Anything short of a title is a complete and utter bust.

Don't like it. Then don't be such a pompous (unt.
i just remmeber a multitude of individuals ACTUALLY saying it is more likely the Cavs lose in the East than win in the Finals...

that was laughable then as it is now.....mainly because the Cavs OWN THE EAST like it was their personal property- did last year-- have this year- and will for YEARS -- YEARSSSSS to come.

thats why i siad- fine- if you guys TRULY think its more likely the Cavs lose in the East than win in the Finals- ill bet ya on it---- you take the Cavs not making it out of the EAst--- ill take the Cavs winning in the Finals---- if someone ACUTALLY TRULY believed what they said (which i dont think they did- lol)- they would have JUMPED on that bet in a NY minute...

instead...a whole lotta nuthin

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPOILER THEORY....

look at Meera.....

Jon Snow's long lost twin sister?

Howland Reed took her from the ToJ while Ned took Jon????

i dont know about that one- maybe a stretch...but ya never know...

the tyrion stuff definitely seems plausible...that would be awesome to see him ride one of the dragons.

******* possible Game of thrones spoilers**********

Oh, shit....that would totally make sense.

She looks like Jon, well he's prettier...lol

She is chomping at the bit and is sick of waiting on Bran.

They teased the HELL out of us with the TOJ.....

I don't want Ramsay to flay/torture Rickord....

But, this is game of thrones so......

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just remmeber a multitude of individuals ACTUALLY saying it is more likely the Cavs lose in the East than win in the Finals...

that was laughable then as it is now.....mainly because the Cavs OWN THE EAST like it was their personal property- did last year-- have this year- and will for YEARS -- YEARSSSSS to come.

thats why i siad- fine- if you guys TRULY think its more likely the Cavs lose in the East than win in the Finals- ill bet ya on it---- you take the Cavs not making it out of the EAst--- ill take the Cavs winning in the Finals---- if someone ACUTALLY TRULY believed what they said (which i dont think they did- lol)- they would have JUMPED on that bet in a NY minute...

instead...a whole lotta nuthin

You better be careful with that bolded statement. You have no idea what the league could look like two-three years from now. Injuries happen and Lebron's on the wrong side of 30.

From what I've seen, a majority of posters on here say that the Cavs will go to the Finals. Only doubt was in March went the Heat smothered the Cavs given Whiteside's play and the fact that there was a glimmer of hope that Bosh would come back for the playoffs around that time. Without Bosh, the Heat have no chance against the Cavs.

The thing that pisses people off though is how much of a dick you are with statements like this. But as soon as the Cavs lose - you were at a bar, at work, hair dresser, etc...

This is why no one really likes you on this forum, particularly when it comes to talking basketball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
******* possible Game of thrones spoilers**********

Oh, shit....that would totally make sense.

She looks like Jon, well he's prettier...lol

She is chomping at the bit and is sick of waiting on Bran.

They teased the HELL out of us with the TOJ.....

I don't want Ramsay to flay/torture Rickord....

But, this is game of thrones so......
yah.....

i just hope they go back to the ToJ next episode and dont make us wait multiple weeks for its conclusion...but i get a feeling that is where it is going unfortunately.

I knew JS would walk out....technically he has upheld his vow to the Nights Watch right? lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better be careful with that bolded statement. You have no idea what the league could look like two-three years from now. Injuries happen and Lebron's on the wrong side of 30.

From what I've seen, a majority of posters on here say that the Cavs will go to the Finals. Only doubt was in March went the Heat smothered the Cavs given Whiteside's play and the fact that there was a glimmer of hope that Bosh would come back for the playoffs around that time. Without Bosh, the Heat have no chance against the Cavs.

The thing that pisses people off though is how much of a dick you are with statements like this. But as soon as the Cavs lose - you were at a bar, at work, hair dresser, etc...

This is why no one really likes you on this forum, particularly when it comes to talking basketball.
do you think thats untrue? I wouldnt say it if i didnt believe it 100%.

If the fact that I STRONGLY believe that a team with LeBron James--- an in-his-prime Kyrie Irving, an-in-his-prime Kevin Love, an in-his-prime TT...will continue dominating the East for the foreseeable future seems VERY VERY UNCONTRVERISAL to me...

what? LeBron is - God-willing- going to make his 6th straight Finals this year.....i mean....forgive me....but with the circumstances surrounding the Cavs- is there ANYONE that watches basketball that doubts the Cavs are the HEAVY HEAVY FAVORITES to represent the East for the forseeable future?

If LeBron was on the Heat i would say the same damn thing. But its the Cavs so its wrong. oh well.