• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do the Cavs need cap room when they have Kyrie, Love, LeBron, Thompson, Shumpert, Delly, Smith all signed up long term or with Bird Rights

what i think is FUNNIER YET- is that the Heat will NOT EVEN HAVE THE CAP ROOM to bring THIS team back since they lack the Bird Rights and deep pockets the Cavs do....now THATS FUNNY!

You'll find out why, after they lose again in the Finals.
You might be happy with runner up trophies, LeBron isn't.

So you tell me, if you can't win with what you have, and the others can add players, then how could possibly think James will want another round of it?

And shocking that you're worried about the Heat again.
THIS team doesn't need to be kept in tact. Its flawed.
I trust the FO to make the right decisions.
3 championships in the last decade is proof to me that they can figure it out.
Let FA play out and then get back to me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll find out why, after they lose again in the Finals.
You might be happy with runner up trophies, LeBron isn't.

So you tell me, if you can't win with what you have, and the others can add players, then how could possibly think James will want another round of it?

And shocking that you're worried about the Heat again.
THIS team doesn't need to be kept in tact. Its flawed.
I trust the FO to make the right decisions.
3 championships in the last decade is proof to me that they can figure it out.
Let FA play out and then get back to me.
hey...both our postions are pretty clear..have been for a while......free agent opens first week of July right?....less than 3 months from now we will find out who was right...i feel pretty confident.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Sixers are still interested in trading for Schroder. I would be ( even though he'll be on the market next year ). The guy deserves more minutes, but he'll never get the uptick with Teague around. Another Reggie Jackson-type situation in Atlanta in my opinion.

Maybe it was just the flow of the game, but coach Bud leaving Dennis in there in crunch time in lieu of Teague might be telling...Jeff is the more polished player, but the Hawks need to move Teague and start this thing over...let Horford go unless he's willing to stay for less than a max deal.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey...both our postions are pretty clear..have been for a while......free agent opens first week of July right?....less than 3 months from now we will find out who was right...i feel pretty confident.

Confident Cavs win it all?
Or confident that if they lose, it won't matter and they'll try again with the same roster?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confident Cavs win it all?
Or confident that if they lose, it won't matter and they'll try again with the same roster?

was wondering about his response to this as well. after all, his boys DO have 8 wins down and 8 to go. you'd THINK his confidence would be at an all-time high...

you'd think an avi bet wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of turning him into a puss...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was wondering about his response to this as well. after all, his boys DO have 8 wins down and 8 to go. you'd THINK his confidence would be at an all-time high...

you'd think an avi bet wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of turning him into a puss...

I wouldn't think that at all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a few months ago Turnup constantly criticizing Kevin Love for not showing up late or being able to hit big shots...that the Cavs dont need him and should trade him for role players.

well....WRONG YET AGAIN, LOL......:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fter losing in embarrassing fashion to a shell of a Brooklyn Nets squad that had been in the tank for months, Cavs coach Tyronn Lue gathered his group in the ballroom at the Trump SoHo New York it was staying at for a planned film session.

What came next was Lue challenging his team -- and Kevin Love in particular -- with language seemingly lifted straight from Samuel L. Jackson's "Pulp Fiction" character, Jules Winnfield.

"You want the real message?" Lue asked as he walked away from the podium after the Cavs won its second playoff series in a sweep -- edging out the Atlanta Hawks in Game 4 with a 100-99 win.

" just said, 'Kevin, Kyrie [Irving] and Bron (LeBron James), each night you guys got to know what to expect out of each other,'" Lue recalled. "'Until you all do that, we aren't going to be able to win.'

"And I said, 'Kevin, you got to be more aggressive. Tell LeBron, I'm a bad m-----f----- too, so throw me the ball.' Be aggressive. Run the floor. If you're open, we got to throw you the ball. You got to demand the basketball and I said, 'Score the ball and be aggressive.'"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A lot of stuff I saw him do in Minnesota -- early duck-ins, trail [3-pointers] -- he's doing it now for us," Tristan Thompson said. "You can see it in his face and the way he approaches the game that he's a dog. He's a dog in this league and he can go at guys, and that's what we want from him every night. To bring that out and attack."

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to remember Cavs are playing non playoff teams in the West.
:L This isn't 2014 anymore.

You got that backwards. #8 Pistons are 5 seed in the West. #6 Mavs miss the playoffs in the East.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4037.jpg
TurnUpTheHeat 3 Wins from a series vs Cavs

miami_heat.gif miami_hurricanes.gif houston_rockets.gif

gordontrue said:
Or you'll have to eat crow for saying that. Both are very possible outcomes at this point

No problem.
Love is a big stat, small game guy.
When I see him as a major contributor to wins in big games, in crunch time, I'll say I was wrong.
Until then, I have to be right, because he never has.

4037.jpg
TurnUpTheHeat 3 Wins from a series vs Cavs
SportsHoopla Bookie:
$ 430

miami_heat.gif miami_hurricanes.gif houston_rockets.gif

bksballer89 said:
It was the Suns.....The worse team in basketball
Typical Wiggy.
Not understanding that Love puts up big stats in meaningless times.

@WiggyRuss
You like posting marathons.
Give us all of Love stats in games that were decided by 6 or less points.
His 4th qtr stats in all Cavs losses this year and his stats vs any top tier team this year.
His stats in games when James didn't play that made a difference in a win.

do you prefer your crow warm or cold? any beverage that is your favorite with burnt crow @TurnUpTheHeat ?

As i know all too well--- at times- you gotta suck it up and just admit when you were wrong...lol.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most 3 pointers in a playoff series...

2016_05_09_8_41_42.png

Look at the "Games" column. Its just insane what the Cavs did in this series against the #2 defense in the league.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 115916

Look at the "Games" column. Its just insane what the Cavs did in this series against the #2 defense in the league.
thats the thing that really surprised me too.. Atlanta did a good job this year of going from a team that was offensive focused- to actually instituting a pretty damn stingy defense.

just look at what Love and Frye did though...how the heck do you defend when in Games 3 and 4 you have each guy hitting like 8 3's--? BIG MEN...how do you answer that? That gives the Cavs a nice little matchup advantage vs. anyone.

im praying the Heat win and Whiteside gets healthy...i would LOVE to watch Whiteside and the rest of the Heat big men chase Frye and Love around the 3 pt line...nothing would give me more joy (except winning the title of course!!!) than dominating the HEat and watching Whiteside get frustrated while the Cavs rain 3's like Maximus rained fire in Gladiator! MWAHAHAHAHAAH!!!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs and Warriors are not going to leave shooters open. They would have a much better defensive strategy than the Hawks. They need to get better on defense soon

Of course, I agree... but lets not overstate things. The Hawks are not far behind when it comes to defense and 3PT defense.

Defensive Efficiency
1. Spurs 96.6
2. Hawks 98.8
3. Pacers 100.2
4. Warriors 100.0

3 Pt Defense
1. Spurs 33.1%, 6.6 3PM
2. Warriors 33.2%, 7.8 3PM
3. Pacers 33.4%, 8.3 3PM
4. Celtics 33.6%, 7.8 3PM
5. Hawks 33.8%, 8.3 3PM

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you seriously bragging about a 9-25 night for Love?

He was 8-15 from 3 which is nice but the fact that he had 15 attempts from 3's tells you all you need to know about Atlanta defense

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, I agree... but lets not overstate things. The Hawks are not far behind when it comes to defense and 3PT defense.

Defensive Efficiency
1. Spurs 96.6
2. Hawks 98.8
3. Pacers 100.2
4. Warriors 100.0

3 Pt Defense
1. Spurs 33.1%, 6.6 3PM
2. Warriors 33.2%, 7.8 3PM
3. Pacers 33.4%, 8.3 3PM
4. Celtics 33.6%, 7.8 3PM
5. Hawks 33.8%, 8.3 3PM

Did you watch the same series I did? The numbers look great and all but they clearly defended the 3 ball very poorly in this series

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 115916

It's not really that insane. The Hawks figured they'd clog the paint and force the Cavs to beat them from outside. It made sense in game 1, it was asinine-bat-shit-crazy to do that the whole series as soon as Cleveland kept hitting their shots. But hey, Cleveland did knock down a high clip.

But as we've all said, your goal wasn't to make the ECF. Everyone here knows the Cavs are going to the Finals. The real test comes in June.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the same series I did? The numbers look great and all but they clearly defended the 3 ball very poorly in this series

Yes, the Cavs had great looks.

Some portion of that should be attributed to the Cavs ability to execute on offense and some portion of that should be attributed to the Hawks inability to execute on defense.

The fact that the Hawks were one of the best teams all year long at defending the 3 might be an important factor in deciding how to divy up the credit/blame.

I'm not saying none of the blame belongs on the Hawks defense, of course it does. Maybe not as much as many seem to be thinking, though.