• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just TOLD you he was consulted on the Jr Smith move- i mean- can u seriously fucking read? lol...unbelievable...

Griffin had the proposed deal on the table- and went to LeBron and said- is Jr Smith a guy that we can handle in the locker room? LeBron said- YES. Deal done. I think thats exactly how things are SUPPOSED to work. Now- in no way shape or form does LeBron have "Final say" over ANY transaction- but Griffin certainly picks the brain of one of the most intelligent basketball players in the history of the game.

Im sure it was similar with Love- BEFORE LeBron had committed to coming here the Cavs had been trying to trade for Love for a year or two to match up with KI...once LeBron came back - Love actually AGREED to it and demonstrated hed sign long term- he was a 27 year old 3 time all star as opposed to a 19 year old kid which is a MUCH better match for LeBron to win going forward.

Id HOPE that Griffin wouldnt just make moves without consulting one of the most intelligent basketball players of all time and the best player in the league- but if you think LeBron is saying- WE NEED THIS GUY- GO GET HIM- and its done- you have no fucking clue how the NBA works- or you are just purposefully ignorant to continue a narrative that has no basis in fact.

You can phrase it however you want, but he FOR SURE does have final say when applicable.
The Cavs aren't going to give him any reason or material for his excuse list when Decision III sends him ring chasing somewhere else.
Of course he can't demand them to get a player they can't afford or is under contract, but that's not the type of move any of us are talking about.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what personal moves have the Cavs made JUST because of LeBron?

the simple fact is- there are none other than bringing in some back end role players like James Jones. The only thing that I KNOW is that the Cavs were going to trade for Love, and- when they had the New York deal proposed they asked LeBron if they thought Jr Smith would be a good addition/controllable.

You- or anyone else- could not point to ONE SINGLE player transaction where LeBron operated as anything more than giving advice to the GM.

Sorry its just fact whether you want to admit it or not.

I just have no clue how you think this stuff ACTUALLY works...if you really THOUGHT about it...youd probably get a visit from the Clue-Bird. lol.

Even you don't believe this bullshit.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think people forget how good the Warriors were last season. 67 wins. Dominant from start to finish. They weren't treated the same as this year because they didn't have a championship in their built and weren't chasing the Bulls record. But they were incredibly good.

If you think the Warriors improvement > the addition of Love & Irving to a team... then you definitely fall into the category of people I think are overvaluing the Warriors improvement and undervaluing what Love & Irving mean to the Cavs. Which is fine, of course, that's just my opinion.
I think this debate has already been solved by each team's performances on the court.

A- We've seen the Cavs struggle to win single games without James playing.
B- We've seen the Warriors not only win multiple games without Curry playing they also pretty much won a playoff series. Now granted it was Houston-but they were a healthy team that should've been able to compete.

When looking at those two sample pieces (and I'm not sure of any other supporting factors since both teams are pretty healthy beyond Curry's recent injuries in the playoffs) how do you conclude that Kyrie + Love are greater & make the Cavs more improved than the Dubs team without Curry?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love is a horrible defender. He will be completely exposed on that end of the court by Golden State or San Antonio. He was lost in pick and rolls during the one game I watched between Cleveland and Golden State. They may be better on offense but they are certainly worse on defense. Currently, they are tops in Offensive Efficiency but last in Defensive Efficiency among the teams still playing. That should worry Cleveland fans.
Especially when the two teams they would have to face in the Finals are ranked #1 & #4 on offense.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One major thing that no one talked about was the difference in championship experience the Cavs had last year versus the Warriors. They were stock full of veterans who had been there before and wouldn't let the moment affect them. The Warriors self-admittedly needed to calm themselves down at times because they weren't used to being in the position they were in.

This year, they seem to be playing with a composure that's hard to quantify. They just have a different feel of confidence about them.
It's funny you mention this because last night Dray was mic'd and the entire time they were down in the game he kept tellin the guys they'd be alright. It's amazing how EVERY single guy on that team has bought in and can display poise and confidence even when things look tough.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saying....LeBron came to Cleveland because of the long term outlook...and seeing Kyrie Irving leading the playoffs in scoring right now just shows you where the big picture is going...you gotta admit- at least if yo uhave watched the games- his defense has been pretty solid thus far too. not only that--- but irvings scoring has allowed lebron to focus on the defensive end more...hes 2nd in steals in the playoffs and has been stellar on that end and can put more energy in on defense when he doesnt have to score 30 every night....thats important stuff....
LBJ went back to Cleveland because after losing those last two times in Miami he realized that teaming up with a super team still doesn't guarantee championships.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i definitely dont think thats true

Barnes is a FA, Bogut needs a K soon, Ezeli is a FA i think, Iggy is getting older.....Yes the Warriors do have Green, Curry, Thompson all signed up long term- but after this season a lot of that team is up in the air...

The Spurs arent gonna have Ginobili, Duncan, Parker forever- and while Leonard and Aldridge is a nice place to start its not overwhelming to say the least- im taking Bron and one of the Cavs other 2 over Leonard and LA anyday.

In this day and age in the NBA players are going to get a lot more.
Most likely Barnes is gone, some team will offer him good and he will start.
Ezeli will get good money too.
Speights is an unrestricted FA and Clark is a restricted FA.

Iggy and Barbosa are getting older but if they are on the bench or Iggy starts and plays limited minutes they should be fine. The core is there and they would only have to regain a couple pieces but yes they will lose some guys.

11. Harrison Barnes
Restricted / Small Forward / 6-8 / Team: Golden State
11.7 ppg, 4.9 rpg
He's putting up nice stats and winning every night. But with star potential, is he cool with a secondary role in Golden State?

23. Festus Ezeli
Restricted / Center / 6-11 / Team: Golden State
7.0 ppg, 5.9 rpg
Not much of a weapon offensively, but makes an impact on the defensive end with a big body and great athleticism. Somebody is going offer him crazy money.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean id love to know all these moves LeBron is doing behind the scenes...any examples?

They've been hashed out over and over. But here's just a few:

Shaq when he was in Cleveland the first time.
The trade for Kevin Love.
Tristan Thompsons contract.
JR Smith

Virtually every move the Cavs have made during both of his stints there have been signed off on or demanded by Lebron through his "people."

Even you have posted more than once about how teams should be giving Lebron a lot of power while claiming that "he just likes to know he has it, even if he never uses it."

Do you honestly think that he acquired/demanded that level of power just to feel better about himself and never use it? Really?!?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been hashed out over and over. But here's just a few:

Shaq when he was in Cleveland the first time.
The trade for Kevin Love.
Tristan Thompsons contract.
JR Smith

Virtually every move the Cavs have made during both of his stints there have been signed off on or demanded by Lebron through his "people."

Even you have posted more than once about how teams should be giving Lebron a lot of power while claiming that "he just likes to know he has it, even if he never uses it."

Do you honestly think that he acquired/demanded that level of power just to feel better about himself and never use it? Really?!?
This is where you just really have no clue...

Shaq? that has to be a joke right? lol...they dealt cap flotsam for him. LeBron did not say- GO GET SHAQ...you are insane.

KEVIN LOVE??? THE CAVS HAD BEEN TRYING TO GET LOVE FOR 2 YEARS!!! Thats a deal they DO EVERYTIME to compete. As I said- Love was 26 at the time of the trade- Wiggins 19- anyone SANE does that deal 10 times outta 10-- and the best argument against it was the defensive presence and pressure Wiggins could take off LeBron and Wiggins has been TERRIBLE defensively! LOL.

Tristan Thompson? you mean the guy who the Cavs told your NOT getting a max contract and then had tristan come back to the negoitating table 2 days before the season started? LOL unreal...

and Jr sMith- LeBron had NO CLUE a trade is even in the works until its on the table and Griffin asks him if the guy would be a fit in the locker room--- you CALL THAT BEING THE GM? its just a joke.

obviously you can think what you want- but the ACTUAL FACTS tell a VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY Different story.

If LeBron REALLY controlled everything Blatt wouldve been gone LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ago. If LeBron REALLY wants to play iwth Melo why didnt he demand Love get dealt for him? Why didnt Tristan get a max on day one of free agency?

its just laughable.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where you just really have no clue...

Stopped reading here. If you honestly think that Lebron demanded all of that power that you yourself have said he does and should have, just for his own self worth and never uses it...you are the one with no clue.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this is going to be a blowout. Just a bad feeling.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought TNT games start at 815....not 8 on the dot

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean id love to know all these moves LeBron is doing behind the scenes...any examples?

"No idea"...David Blatt
"Me either"...Mike Miller
"Don't print any Wiggins Cavs Jerseys"....NBA.com
"I'm actually underpaid"...Tristan Thompson

Better question, name any possible move they've made without his consent or liking.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad start so far.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00