• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about it. I also think he would be more useful if we had a player that would just take it hard to the basket and not be afraid of hard contact while drawing fouls, but that's just not who we are.

Would love to get Whiteside, but I don't know if he wants to leave Miami.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rate my post bullshit all you want. I have facts to back up my claim

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rate my post bullshit all you want. I have facts to back up my claim
yah facts like he averaged 29 minutes a game in the series because he is a situational player that Spoelstra doesnt fully trust and is a Huge liability when it comes to pick and roll defense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how Hassan 4th quarter minutes went in the 3 close games of the series.
yah facts like he averaged 29 minutes a game in the series because he is a situational player that Spoelstra doesnt fully trust and is a Huge liability when it comes to pick and roll defense.

Let's just ignore the fact that he was in foul troube in several of the games.....Wade must be a situational player as well

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to get Whiteside, but I don't know if he wants to leave Miami.

I think he stays in Miami, but it's going to cost them. There will be several teams lining up to give him a max or near max deal.

There are 3 problems for Miami in re-signing him. They are capped out, so they are going to have to let at least one important player (most seem to think it will be Deng) go. The other problem is that they don't have his Bird rights, so they can't offer him any more than anyone else. Also, while Miami isn't exactly old, they aren't young either and Bosh's health is a concern. This could mean that in a couple of years he will be playing for a completely different team than one he re-signed with. He may not be looking that far into the future, but you can bet his agent will be.

My guess is, that all things being equal, he stays with the team that believed in him and helped him develop his game to the point that he can command that kind of money. But, you never know what his agent is going to be telling him or what other teams may offer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how Hassan 4th quarter minutes went in the 3 close games of the series.

Let's just ignore the fact that he was in foul troube in several of the games.....Wade must be a situational player as well
Wades just old...you cant play that guy 40 minutes a night in a long series or he would die.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he stays in Miami, but it's going to cost them. There will be several teams lining up to give him a max or near max deal.

There are 3 problems for Miami in re-signing him. They are capped out, so they are going to have to let at least one important player (most seem to think it will be Deng) go. The other problem is that they don't have his Bird rights, so they can't offer him any more than anyone else. Also, while Miami isn't exactly old, they aren't young either and Bosh's health is a concern. This could mean that in a couple of years he will be playing for a completely different team than one he re-signed with. He may not be looking that far into the future, but you can bet his agent will be.

My guess is, that all things being equal, he stays with the team that believed in him and helped him develop his game to the point that he can command that kind of money. But, you never know what his agent is going to be telling him or what other teams may offer.
he can get 25% of the cap..or about 22.5....personally- i dont think Whiteside could be the best or even nd best player on a team that goes far so i would let someone else take the risk....but we shall see- 17 teams have room to offer a max and a few have room to offer 2...

The HEat on the other hand do not even have NEAR the cap room to bring this team back- let alone have additions.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wades just old...you cant play that guy 40 minutes a night in a long series or he would die.

Spo doesn't play anyone crazy minutes you tool. Not one player avg 34+ MPG in the Charlotte series. Hassan was 5th in MPG in the first round behind the other 4 starters. If not for constant foul trouble, both he and dragic MPG would have been slightly up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spo doesn't play anyone crazy minutes you tool. Not one player avg 34+ MPG in the Charlotte series. Hassan was 5th in MPG in the first round behind the other 4 starters. If not for constant foul trouble, both he and dragic MPG would have been slightly up.
the fact that you cant keep insulting me shows how butt-hurt you are about it--- you know its true...stop whining and deflecting and accept it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who thinks Dwade is taking a paycut from his 20 million? NOT ME!!! LOL at least not anything significant...not after his performance last round.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw most of the game last night. Cleveland were clearly the better team (mostly), but DAMN that was a shit game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can get 25% of the cap..or about 22.5....personally- i dont think Whiteside could be the best or even nd best player on a team that goes far so i would let someone else take the risk....but we shall see- 17 teams have room to offer a max and a few have room to offer 2...

The HEat on the other hand do not even have NEAR the cap room to bring this team back- let alone have additions.

Yeah, as good as I think Whiteside is and will be, I don't see him as a guy that you build around/#1 option. I think he would make an darn good #2 and an awesome #3 on a contending team though.

I see him as maybe a Pau Gasol with the Lakers type player. Not in how they each play obviously, but in their roles. Pau in Memphis as the #1 guy, couldn't get out of the 1st round. Pau playing #2 to Kobe with the Lakers, becomes a 2 time champion. Not a thing in the world wrong with being a Pau Gasol.

To be fair though, I don't think we have seen how good he can be yet. Kind of scary that he does what he does and is still developing. If he learns to stay out of foul trouble and develops a post move or 2 that allows him to get a shot whenever he wants, he'll really be handful.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Setting aside my dislike for lebron, here's the difference between the cavs and the top two title contenders in the west in San Antonio and GS:

Cleveland has FOUR players in the top 20 in MPG. Golden States top player in MPG is Green at 23rd. San Antonio's is Aldridge at 49th.

Sooner or later, especially if it's a long series, the cavs will be running on empty.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw most of the game last night. Cleveland were clearly the better team (mostly), but DAMN that was a shit game.

It really was for most of the game. I thought Cleveland came out pretty lackadaisical and seemed content to just keep a 9-13 point lead most of the game. Kept expecting them to hit the gas and turn it into a blowout, but instead, they decided to be gracious hosts and tried to give the game away.

Fortunately for them, the Hawks didn't want to be that guy who comes over to your house and drinks your last beer.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Setting aside my dislike for lebron, here's the difference between the cavs and the top two title contenders in the west in San Antonio and GS:

Cleveland has FOUR players in the top 20 in MPG. Golden States top player in MPG is Green at 23rd. San Antonio's is Aldridge at 49th.

Sooner or later, especially if it's a long series, the cavs will be running on empty.

Fair point... but the Cavs are also the only undefeated team and are coming off 8 days of rest. If they can keep their series shorter... I'm not sure it matters.

Their MPG numbers are high... but their MIN numbers are low.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact that you cant keep insulting me shows how butt-hurt you are about it--- you know its true...stop whining and deflecting and accept it.

There's nothing to accept. Spo has not played any of his starters big minutes all season long and he's not going to start playing them 40 minutes MPG now

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope his agent tells him to go with the Hawks, lol. Would love to have a beast like Whiteside on the Hawks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point... but the Cavs are also the only undefeated team and are coming off 8 days of rest. If they can keep their series shorter... I'm not sure it matters.

Their MPG numbers are high... but their MIN numbers are low.

The 8 days of rest was no doubt good for them. As the playoffs move on though, it's unlikely they'll have that again. Also, while they are unbeaten in the playoffs, they haven't exactly been dominant.

The result of that is that they have had to play their starters more minutes than you'd like to see in those games. Compare that to the Spurs who, while they lost last night, were resting their starters by the 4th quarter in the previous 5 games.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 8 days of rest was no doubt good for them. As the playoffs move on though, it's unlikely they'll have that again. Also, while they are unbeaten in the playoffs, they haven't exactly been dominant.

The result of that is that they have had to play their starters more minutes than you'd like to see in those games. Compare that to the Spurs who, while they lost last night, were resting their starters by the 4th quarter in the previous 5 games.

Yeah, I'm not arguing that they've been dominant. But they've taken care of business at the end of games. The shorter the series go... the more they can get away with playing high minutes.

I think they have a better chance than the Warriors/Spurs at keeping 1 or 2 of the next 2 series to 4-5 games.