• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

34-64-94 MLB Draft : CHAT

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos I will trade you my 2-64, 24th & 25th rd pick for 2-15th rd picks and 2-34's?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both stats are given by baseball reference...

lgAVG is the league that the player played in(AL or NL) average discounting pitcher offensive statistics...

AIR is a stat that attempts to measure whether a player plays in a hitter friendly or pitcher friendly surroundings... It takes the average OBP and SLG off all players who played in the same ballparks that the player did during that season... and compares it to a base OBP and SLG... Basically any number over 100 is hitters friendly and anything lower than 100 is pitchers friendly... It sure is not a perfect statistic, but it does attempt to do something that i appreciate...

I feel like such a failure that I never learned to speak gibberish...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a stat that involves birth month?

Honestly though, and this is an argument me and UK have had many times... AND surprisingly enough the argument that started the OMAR vs NOS and UK battle... But I think the stats of players back then were padded a lot...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though, and this is an argument me and UK have had many times... AND surprisingly enough the argument that started the OMAR vs NOS and UK battle... But I think the stats of players back then were padded a lot...
sure they were.

But this isn't a spreadsheet. We are fully capable of having a conversation about differences between eras and home parks.

Atleast Id like to think we can do that here. I'm not very interested in talking baseball on the baseball board here anymore. It's not baseball, but rather some sort of amateur calculus lecture. No thanks.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody text UK?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure they were.

But this isn't a spreadsheet. We are fully capable of having a conversation about differences between eras and home parks.

Atleast Id like to think we can do that here. I'm not very interested in talking baseball on the baseball board here anymore. It's not baseball, but rather some sort of amateur calculus lecture. No thanks.

I didn't bring those stats up to start an argument... not at all... just to show that there are stats out there that attempt to actually show how good an actual season or era was... and the only thing i even concluded was that the eras were different...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't bring those stats up to start an argument... not at all... just to show that there are stats out there that attempt to actually show how good an actual season or era was... and the only thing i even concluded was that the eras were different...
Stats = arguments. That's how it goes.

Especially when YOU ignore them and want me to start Frank Thomas over Lance Beekman against righties.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Especially when YOU ignore them and want me to start Frank Thomas over Lance Beekman against righties.
That post is not as serious as when I asked if the stats were real.

But it's still more serious than facing a BIG team in the tourney.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on now... Name one team that ever platooned there #4 hitter and was good...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the high pants look is cool... I got Dash some short cut pants... Walker likes his pants long which is cool too cause I don't have to buy the overpriced color socks... So it evens out that I paid a little more for the shorter pants... Which is confusing since it's less material so it should be cheaper... :noidea:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the high pants look is cool... I got Dash some short cut pants... Walker likes his pants long which is cool too cause I don't have to buy the overpriced color socks... So it evens out that I paid a little more for the shorter pants... Which is confusing since it's less material so it should be cheaper... :noidea:

Don't bring up pants... they are on my KILL list....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell that to womens' bathing suit designers.